A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Now what??? *NOW WITH LINK TO FINSHED PROJECT*  (Read 1245 times)
Tags for this thread: hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftyhandbags
« on: September 13, 2007 07:27:50 AM »

Okay, I was stupid.  I bought a ball of yarn on sale thinking it would be enough to make a hat for my monster, but nope.  It's no longer at JoAnn's anymore, and I don't really want to hunt it down.  So here's my question, now what???
I was thinking a black band (to fold up) and do the tassels on the top in black also.  Any suggestions/comments?

front view- This is not my monster, he didn't want to pose.  I sit this little girl during the day.

top view

The yarn is Sensations Artic in Multi. The pattern is http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/ccusa-childHatScarf.html?noImages=.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/stores/lionbrand/pictures/ccusa-childhatscarfa.jpg
Here's a picture so you don't have to click over if you don't want.  Obviously, I made some changes with the yarn choice.[/center]

Finished project posted here!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=196318.msg2075473;topicseen#msg2075473
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007 03:26:28 PM by craftyhandbags - Reason: finished project link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

I have an etsy!!!  http://craftybagsetc.etsy.com
Kiki870
Stash Goddess

Crafting since birth,...!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007 07:30:58 AM »

I would go for the black!  I bet it would be a great contrast for the yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love my hubby, but the Army doesn't pay enough for my crafty habit!

My blog Multifaceted Mama
Facebook
Twitter
craftyhandbags
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007 07:36:18 AM »

I would go for the black!  I bet it would be a great contrast for the yarn!
I'm worried it may be too much of a contrast, though.  I guess I could always pull it off if I don't like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

Kiki870
Stash Goddess

Crafting since birth,...!

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007 07:40:19 AM »

Maybe, but I think it would be okay.  Either that or match to one of the color in that for a more subtle look!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love my hubby, but the Army doesn't pay enough for my crafty habit!

My blog Multifaceted Mama
Facebook
Twitter
dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007 08:27:09 AM »

I would try matching one of the colors in the hat or try white....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puppybreath

everything we do, is just everything we've done

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007 08:49:18 AM »

i made a hat just ike that for my little sister. I put tassles on each of the points and it's pretty cute. pom-poms would be cute too. i personally don't think it needs a band at the bottom for rolling up or just for looks. Just some personality top-side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007 11:55:55 AM »

If you are dead set on tying another color in so the tassels don't look strange then perhaps match an other solid colored yarn to it? I've done this by taking the item with me to a store and holding different colors up to it and finding one that matches to the eye.
I think a red or blue would be great! or perhaps both and just do a row of single crochet in each color then put both in the tassels?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyhandbags
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007 04:19:12 PM »

Thanks so much for all the suggestions.
I think it does need a band at the bottom, because wouldn't it look weird if it had some random colored tassels/pompoms on the top.  Even if they matched one of the colors, I think it would look off.
I'm liking the red and blue stripes on the bottom idea.  I'll have to take the hat with me to see what they have.
I thought about white, but I was leaning towards black because this hat is for an almost 2 year old boy who will be wearing it at a playground.  Nuff said.
Thanks again!  I'm going to JoAnn's tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have a completed project to post this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

epsilon
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007 04:19:30 PM »

you can attach bells to the tops, that way you won't have to match yarn:) it could drive your monster mad, but i have a hat with bells and i just love it:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyhandbags
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007 04:27:50 PM »

you can attach bells to the tops, that way you won't have to match yarn:) it could drive your monster mad, but i have a hat with bells and i just love it:)
Ooo, I wouldn't lose him that way- he's a runner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celeb Stylist Ashley Javier on How to Get Retro-Glam Hair
How to Get Frizz Free Curls with a Diffuser
Faux Hawk Ponytail Tutorial
6 Amazingly Simple Hairstyles for Lazy Girls
How to Create a Full Messy Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...