A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sage on a Shroom....what now?  (Read 861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madmissylives
« on: September 13, 2007 03:38:57 AM »

I posted this in the dyes section to show off the dyes, but my real love is of the completed piece. I was doodling one day with sharpies and came up with this little mushroom home. I scanned a picture of my daughter, Sage (now 11) and printed her and placed her on it. Now I have quite a few of these. Question: What now? People say "they oughtta be published"> Ok..where? How? Any ideas what to do with these?

How do you get the image right in the post? I can only manage a link so far...but I just joined yesterday.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2007 05:15:08 AM by jMi - Reason: Fixed your picture for you! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mad Missy really knew how to please a man...but most days, she chose not to.
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007 05:16:29 AM »

As a new member you need to have 10 posts before you can post the actual picture Smiley
I fixed it for you! Just 7 more posts away from posting your pix! Cheesy

PS- I'm not being rude with not commenting- I just can't see your pic cause I'm at work Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
madmissylives
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007 10:54:13 AM »

Oh...ok! Thanks. There's a lot to absorb on this site. It's great. And thank you for fixing it so my pic can eb seen. I'd love to hear any comments /ideas you might have as to what to do with this, when you get the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007 11:01:43 AM »

I'll definitely comment on it again when Im home! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007 06:44:57 PM »

I'm home!
That's awesome- I love sharpies and drawings in sharpie!

Why don't you look into doing ATCs? We have a whole board for them! Cheesy I think you would do a wonderful job with them--- and the cool thing is you can even trade them out to other people and get a whole collection going of other artists! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madmissylives
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007 02:45:40 AM »

I have thought of ATC's and will end up doing some eventually. A few people said they would be cute as jewelry, specifically earrings but that is going so small I thought it might be undoable. However....now that I have looked around....I am going to experiment with some shrinky dink stuff and see how they turn out. I have more than 12 of these drawings now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madmissylives
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007 07:16:13 PM »

I have a question concerning ATC's. I looked around the thread and I might just be missing it. Is there a current challenge happening? How often do you do them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007 07:28:10 PM »

It looks like the voting for the most recent challenge ended a little bit ago, so I'm sure the mods are working on the next idea! Cheesy

Most of the challenges rotate on a monthly basis Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madmissylives
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008 04:02:53 AM »

It's been awhile but I came up with a plan for this type of thing if anyone is interested. Vista Print is always sending "free" offers and I had some of these printed up as postcards. I was able to add my contact info on the front with the picture(complete with a "your child here" across the chest of Sage) and sales pitch to the back of the card. They also printed a smaller version in grayscale. It's adorable.

As I said, the Vista Print offer was for "free". I did have to pay postage which was $7.45. But that is a great deal for 100 regular size or 50 over sized postcards loaded with advertising. A friend of mine said she thinks I just like designing business cars.

I plan to put them out next spring/summer at the various craft shows I am participating in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...