A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HOW do you stash all of your yarn!?  (Read 2016 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skuterrat
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007 05:26:04 AM »

skuterrat - I love that pic! My cats are both very fond of my new shelves. Mine look the same, except they're bigger(?), black/brown, and from Ikea (I have the "medium" Expedit unit). I love them!

lol - for a second I thought you meant that your cats were bigger, black/brown and from Ikea.  I was like, "Woah, where is there an Ikea that sells cats?"  I think that means it's time for coffee...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooncalf
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007 07:42:46 AM »

I keep mine in my suitcase when I'm not using it. I live in a tiny flat and you have to make the most of ALL the available space. To make sure I don't forget what I have I made a spreadsheet of the whole lot. That bit was terrifying and appalling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007 10:46:31 AM »

I try not to keep a lot so I keep a limited amount of space to fill up. I have a mini chest of drawers on wheels (it's about desk-height) with 3 drawers. I use the top drawer for needles, beads, rulers, scissors, etc. and the other 2 for yarn. When it starts to get full I know it's time to stop buying and start using what I have.  Smiley

ETA: I don't just throw the yarn in there, I put yarns of the same kind together in a ziplock bag, but if they're loose/unwinded i put them in their own bag so it won't get tangled with anything else.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007 10:48:43 AM by LilMissPink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
Halidays
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007 11:05:00 AM »

I am horrible about my yarn stash.  I literally have it all over our house.  The only rooms I have no yarn is my little ones room and the basement.  Other than that, it is everywhere!  I probably have 8 of the giant rubber maid containers full and overflowing with yarn...I need to purge some on ebay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
discoprincess
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007 11:24:29 AM »

currently: a variety of large rubbermaid containers

in the near future: a bookcase from ikea that is separated into cubes. i'll put drawers at the bottom and then disperse some of it in there with  various other items. Some will probably stay in the rolling drawer system to stay safe though.

I live in a tiny apartment. Its got knitting and computers everywhere. its ...not exactly stylish right now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
natiux

loves Hippopotamuses and Hippopotamuses love her 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007 01:18:42 PM »

Get the Bf out!  Cheesy ... or as I once did in pillow cases ..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have an Etsy! .. www.nataliaraya.ets y.com

Fan page...http://www.facebook.com/nataliajewelry

... and a blog...http://gravitando.wordpress.com/

Lets just leave it there!
artteacher
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007 11:00:14 PM »

I have some yarn stacked in those BIG plastic rubber made containers.   I also have a wooden trunk that I use as a coffee table and it's full of yarn.  I put small odds and ends of left-over yarn in a basket w/ a lid.  I have 'current projects' or yarn that I want to use next.. on a shelf in a wooden wardrobe cabinet thing in the Living Room.  At least that way- it is easier to get to. 

I dream some day of having my own home w/ a craft room where I can put all my various craft supplies and store my yarn displayed maybe like a yarn shop?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a brand new blog:  *I'm one with the masses now!

*Life and adventues of an American living overseas who finds time to knit every now and then.
http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.com/
1QueenofCrochet
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007 05:39:17 PM »

How about a laundry basket or hamper ?  That is what I would use when we lived in a small space. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sherry71
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007 07:41:48 PM »

Okay, I have a rather large stash (700+ skeins).  I have an under the bed clear storage box just for my sock yarn.  I have 2 - 20 gallon plastic storage containers for my really good yarn (expensive, or wool so no moths get to it).  I have another 2-30 gallon bins that I keep all my recycled yarn in.  I have 6 bookshelves stacked to the brim (color coordinated) with my yarn that isn't as expensive.  For WIP's, I got about 8 small plastic totes with handles that I put each project in that I am working on.  This is after I went through all my yarn & donated about 70 partial or full balls that I knew I would probably never use up.  My husband doesn't realize how much yarn I have as it is stacked so well.  However, he is great as he never complains.  He tells me, Oh well.....you collect yarn & knitting stuff & I collect cameras, etc which probably cost more (HAH, he has no clue how much most of my yarn costs!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Dress Up For a Big Night Out
Celebrities Reveal Their Fashion Tips
Must Have Solutions to Look Chic in the Rain!
Featured Blogger: Jenny Wu of Good, Bad and Fab
Blake Lively Inspires with Easter Outfit and SJP Channels Carrie Bradshaw
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...