A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pretty Puff Slouchy Hat UPDATE: Pattern link added  (Read 194437 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , slouchy_hat , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ayanared

Mommy, Wife, Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2011 02:13:45 PM »

Oooh, I like this hat a LOT!  It is very different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amray767
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2011 06:36:43 AM »

Thanks for the pattern, nice hat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All Free Crochet Patterns, (including my pictures)
http://amay1976.blogspot.com
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2011 07:17:23 AM »

Ok--I managed to make two more of these hats...I will post when my swap partners get them! What a fun and fast pattern...

I am not sure if it is just me or not, but I have had to turn to the "wrong" side to make the puffs stand out...when I do the puffs on the right side, I get the bumps inside...can anyone help me with this?  I mean, they look fine but I am wondering if I am doing something obviously incorrect! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
FoxyBlue
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2011 07:03:02 AM »

Great hat! I might need to make this! And WOW..you're BEAUTIFUL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
nikidancer9
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2011 05:24:02 AM »

So first off you are GORGEOUS!!! And second I've already made about four of these for christmas presents!!!!  Grin hope you dont mind lol! Thank you so much for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linda P
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2011 10:38:02 AM »

Ok--I managed to make two more of these hats...I will post when my swap partners get them! What a fun and fast pattern...

I am not sure if it is just me or not, but I have had to turn to the "wrong" side to make the puffs stand out...when I do the puffs on the right side, I get the bumps inside...can anyone help me with this?  I mean, they look fine but I am wondering if I am doing something obviously incorrect! Cheesy
I have made about 10 of these.  The puffs do tend to go to the inside.  I just push them to the outside with my fingers, and they seem to stay.  I love this pattern!
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jayashiangel
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2011 07:20:32 PM »

oooohhh I really like the puffy stitch style slouchy hat..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jorasmom
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2011 02:27:56 PM »

OK, I joined specifically because I want to make this hat ... I DO have a question about the pattern and, unless I skimmed over it somehow, I did not see it addressed in the 24 pages of replies. I'm not terribly experienced at crochet, so excuse my stupidity if the answer is obvious  Roll Eyes:

In the beginning, after making the ch 4, it says to make 12 dch in the first stitch ... does this mean the first stitch of the chain 4, or the first stitch from the hook? I ask because most of the pattern I've used will say "dch in second chain from hook) or something similar; I've never seen a pattern that uses the first chain from the hook - but using the first chain in the chain 4 doesn't seem right, either, because in the next part of that step you're supposed to pick up the first ch to make a circle ... can anyone explain this to me? Which stitch do I do the 12 dch in, and which stitch do I pick up to make a loop? is this to avoid making a center circle to start with? THANKS!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011 02:29:10 PM by jorasmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2011 03:35:16 PM »

jorasmom, it means the very first chain you made, which would be the 4th from the hook. That way the little hole in the top of the hat can be as small as possible, since it's right by the slip knot where you started. Then you make your 12 dc's in that same chain. After your dc's, slip stitch into the top of your first dc, which will make it look like a circle. The hat increases in multiples of 12, so when you join, just make sure that you have 12 stitches to work into for your next round. Hope this helps!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011 03:37:17 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
jorasmom
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2011 06:15:21 AM »

Ah! Yes, that helps TREMENDOUSLY! Thanks so much!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beaded Earrings
How to Make a Fimo Bead Bracelet
How to Make Handbag Charms
How to Make Bead Necklaces
How to Make Clay Beads
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...