A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: star trek next generation woman's uniform...  (Read 4215 times)
Tags for this thread: star_trek  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dmoney79
« on: September 12, 2007 02:07:23 PM »

hello!!
this is my first post over at this forum....

so...this weekend my bf's friend is getting married....in las vegas....a star trek wedding....
the whole bridal party is wearing uniforms from the original series....and as a guest, i don't have to dress up, but my bf is a star trek fan, a next generation fan to be exact....so we were looking around the web, and there's this one uniform that i think was only worn during the first season, or just the pilot, i don't know, but his words were "that one!"  apparantly its a unisex uniform...i've seen pictures of men and women wearing it....mine is blue/teal

http://www.starfleettailor.com/

so....
i'm not a sewer, but my mom is....so i set out on finding a pattern...and i finally found one....but, when we opened it, it was quite confusing, just the pattern pieces, and a little diagram....not much else....(mind you, there is a site that will make it for you, but it's not cheap....)
my mom started on friday, she made a mock up using an old sheet she found, oh i forgot to mention, the largest size is just 1 size smaller than i need, so she had to try and resize it....which she did, but then the sleeve pieces she cut out looked nothing like the pieces drawn out on the diagram...finally last night she figured out the sleeve....and got it all together...
she made a few modifications, she made the zipper go down the back (it's supposed to go down between the colored panel and the black) and there's supposed to be a crotch, but she cut that out too....
this is what she has (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, i couldn't find my camera this morning) she has yet to put the zipper in and put the piping up around the collar, oh and hem it and shorten the sleeves...it's a teal color....

i'll definitely post completed and action shots when i get them!
i think its awesome for it being such a crappy pattern to follow...my mom is all meh about it...whatever! its awesome!
and now off i go to pack!!!

eta: link from where i got the 2nd picture, that's the site that makes them for you
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007 02:10:46 PM by dmoney79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-=danielle=-

~one day i stopped wanting anything at all, the heavens opened up like a waterfall~ *glen phillips*

~ahh music, a magic beyond all we do here~ *albus dumbledore*

http://www.myspace.com/onelitlgrl
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knittingchick
http://deedlesneedles.blogspot.com
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007 02:14:51 PM »

Wow!  You and your mom did a great job under some difficult circumstances!  I bet you'll have a great time at the wedding.  I'm a bit of a Trekkie, but not such that I have a uniform .If there was an easy pattern I might be all over it. 

Live long and prosper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizmonic
CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007 02:16:26 PM »

hello!!
this is my first post over at this forum....

so...this weekend my bf's friend is getting married....in las vegas....a star trek wedding....

Is the wedding @ the Las Vegas Hilton? 

My hubs & I are total Star Trek geeks and we adore the Star Trek Experience @ the Hilton.

Hope you have lots o'fun!

btw very cool outfit!  Glad to see it's not a red shirt! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007 02:23:52 PM »

That is a great uniform.  I made a similar one for halloween one year just improvising from a princess seamed dress pattern, let's just say your's is infinitely better.  Have a great time at the wedding, I'm sure you'll look fabulous. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Kalysto
Craftus Noobiticus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007 02:25:21 PM »

Awesome job !  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quillian91
Maniac with Hot Glue...

Craftster: Where Tacky is Tasteful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007 02:54:07 PM »

I am a HUGE trekkie! ^__^ Only of the original series. Spock and Kirk rock my world...

This is awesome though. I am trying to come up with a pattern to make one of the female star trek uniforms (The really shirt and kinda skimpy ones...), as well as the normal shirt and pants uniform...

Great Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazzard, Approach with caution! Especially if I am holding a Hot Glue gun!
http://www.wists.com/quillian91
NeonArmadillo
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007 04:30:36 PM »

I think your mom did a fab job. My boyfriend and I Star trek fans and for the last couple of weeks we've been watching tng (lol) we've been toying with the idea if anybody has a halloween party of him going as Riker (hes got a bread) and me as Crusher because I look nothing like troi. Althought he says that riker cant go with troi Roll Eyes  I'm happy to see you can make these uniforms because I told him we could only do it if I could make it myself as the ones online are lot of $$$$. tell your mom great job Smiley and have fun at the wedding vegas is great and so is Star Trek Experience Lots of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is infinitely stranger than the mind of man can imagine.-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
KittyCanuck
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007 05:52:47 AM »

and there's this one uniform that i think was only worn during the first season, or just the pilot, i don't know, but his words were "that one!"  apparantly its a unisex uniform...i've seen pictures of men and women wearing it....mine is blue/teal

It's called a "skant", and was supposed to underline the "total equality of the sexes" in the ST future, but it kinda sucked and was replaced by the TNG jumpsuit.

Did you get the pattern from the link you posted?  If not, please say where you found it!

I've been looking forever for a TNG women's jumpsuit uniform pattern, and all I've been able to find is the men's.  I'd love to find one if anyone knows where I can get one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allyinthevalley
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007 07:04:11 PM »

Cool! I don't suppose you joined the Star Trek Swap that's going on right now, did you? Because this would be a great idea for someone to make for it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dmoney79
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007 03:42:32 AM »

It's called a "skant", and was supposed to underline the "total equality of the sexes" in the ST future, but it kinda sucked and was replaced by the TNG jumpsuit.

Did you get the pattern from the link you posted?  If not, please say where you found it!

I've been looking forever for a TNG women's jumpsuit uniform pattern, and all I've been able to find is the men's.  I'd love to find one if anyone knows where I can get one!

i didn't get it from that site, that one just makes them for you...
i ordered it from the intergalactic trading company, but they wrote a note on it saying it was the last one....they also have patterns for it at www.roddenberry.com they have a whole lot of patterns there...just click on the store tab, and its under costumes, then patterns....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 03:45:19 AM by dmoney79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-=danielle=-

~one day i stopped wanting anything at all, the heavens opened up like a waterfall~ *glen phillips*

~ahh music, a magic beyond all we do here~ *albus dumbledore*

http://www.myspace.com/onelitlgrl
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knittingchick
http://deedlesneedles.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch Out a Manga Couple
How to Create 3D Graffiti
How to Write Graffiti Letter E
How to Write Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...