A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 283
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap 2007(Everyone has feedback!)  (Read 107422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2740 on: December 29, 2007 06:38:33 PM »

I've got all 12 days of fabulousness from LuxieLou posted now, finally!  everybody check it out, this stuff rocks!  I got a stuffed PLATYPUS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
redheadskydiver
« Reply #2741 on: December 30, 2007 06:00:07 AM »

Ok, Just got back from vacation last night, wasn't supposed to be until Monday but we had to cut it short because somebody broke into our house on Christmas night/morning. Merry f@%^ing Christmas. Our next door neighbors called us and said hey, there's a ladder up the back of your house, thought you guys were on vacation. Ummm, we are. So, we called our house/pet sitter and asked them to check it out. They came over and actually walked up on the guy walking out of the house with our shotgun in his hand and he just strolled on down the road. The house sitter asked the neighbors to call the cops but they didn't, and they didn't realize it for like 10 minutes otherwise they may have caught the guy. The shotgun is pretty much the only thing he took. He even left the shells to the gun. He also took a backpack and maybe some clothes. The cops got a print they think. He busted open our shed and took some tools out of there that he used to break into the back door. Think we have to replace the door. We think he ate some food. And he did weird things like move food from the freezer to the refrigerator. But the computer, TV, jewelry, etc was all untouched from what we can tell. It's so weird being here and knowing someone else was walking around our house and using our things.

Anyways, I still need to post pics of days 1 & 2 of my awesome gallery! For day 2 gingerquilts made stenciled t-shirts for my hubby and me. They are very cool! And for day 1, I got the most incredible dress made with skull and rose fabric and a little black bolero to match! I have to take it in a little in the bust but it is awesome and I can't wait to wear it out and show it off. I don't even own a dress so this is truly amazing. I need to make the adjustments so I can get a pic to put up but with everything going on with the house I will try to do it as soon as possible. Trust me, everyone needs to the amazing gingerquilts sewing abilities!

Thanks again for an amazing swap!

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2742 on: December 30, 2007 06:04:04 AM »

..that's like the weirdest break-in story ever. Seriously. I'm sorry to hear about all of that, but I'm glad the person didn't take anything more than what he did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calsters
« Reply #2743 on: December 30, 2007 07:23:37 AM »

..that's like the weirdest break-in story ever. Seriously. I'm sorry to hear about all of that, but I'm glad the person didn't take anything more than what he did.

I'm so sorry, and I have to agree this probably is one of the weirdest break-in stories.  I hope everything turns out ok, and you'll recover the items you lost.  Smiley  Can't wait to see the dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Callie Karen
redheadskydiver
« Reply #2744 on: December 30, 2007 07:59:07 AM »

The whole thing was very weird, don't know if he was interrupted when the house sitter showed up or if he was hoping to come back later with friends or what. The cops seem to think it might be a local crack head that saw us pack up and leave and knew the place was empty or someone who knew we were going out of town but he doesn't match anyone we know that we told we were leaving. The joys of living in New Orleans, although I guess it could happen anywhere. Anyone have a recommendation on home security systems? We're thinking Brinks. Also probably going to fence the back yard. It was hard getting to sleep last night that's for sure.

Oh, one more thing - there's a little voting thing for the January Knit Girl going on over here - http://www.badknitgirls.com/ for knitters with tattoo's. I'm not doing so hot in the polls since I've been out of town and haven't been able to promote myself so if you get a chance you can go over and vote for me! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2745 on: December 30, 2007 10:51:02 AM »

i voted for you!!!

im really sorry about the breakin. that's sad. we have brinks, but it was mostly because it was already installed at our townhouse...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
lady4feet
« Reply #2746 on: December 30, 2007 11:04:24 AM »

Just went and voted too!

That's crazy about the break in, people are so odd. Last year our airconditoner was stolen and I mean the central air conditioning unit that sits in our backyard.

I thought about getting a home security system but my Hubby thinks they are a waste for the most part. We watched a lot of episodes of "It Takes a Thief" where they unhooked the security system in just a few seconds. And he says Bear will make anyone back up if they tried to come it. Hopefully he right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2747 on: December 30, 2007 11:42:23 AM »

The cops seem to think it might be a local crack head that saw us pack up and leave and knew the place was empty

redheadskydive, what a scary story!  I am guessing the guy was a local crack head, it does not seem like he was thinking too clearly.  The part about the food from the freezer into the fridge is so bizarre!  I am glad everyone is safe and I hope you and your family can start to FEEL safe in your home again....

Here is a link to my ATC gallery, I sent lilgothkatt ATCs for gift tags on all her days....go take a peek! Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=171534.msg2331668#msg2331668
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2748 on: December 30, 2007 03:56:34 PM »

OMG that is scary! Hopefully the gun was the only thing he did take and they find him to retrieve it so he doesn't feel he can use it elsewhere.
Glad you are all safe though and the house sitter. I would have freaked had I walked in on a guy with a shot gun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2749 on: December 31, 2007 07:11:05 AM »

hehe, I voted too!  looks like you're moving up in the poll.  good luck, miss january!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 283 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Cleaning Out Your Closet
The Secret To Finding The Right Colors For You
The Best Way To Create The Beach Hair Look
Choosing The Right Sunglasses For Your Face Shape
Rules Of Thumb For Hair Color
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...