A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 283
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap 2007(Everyone has feedback!)  (Read 97797 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmac

kmac at art camp

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2680 on: December 23, 2007 04:36:21 PM »

Okay - just caught up with pictures for day 6 through 3.  Plus some extras Sezouli sent. 
Finding it very hard not to open day 2, 1 and the stuffed Christmas stocking.

I also caught up on looking at the gallery - WoW - what incredible stuff. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2681 on: December 23, 2007 04:55:52 PM »

I am now hungry.  My grandma used to make antipasto that was just called antipasto with pickled veggies, tuna and other stuff that is really good.   Then I will help my mom make pies and finish wrapping presents.  Then for Christmas we all go up to my grandpa's house for lots of food & wine & more food.  And more wine.  My grandpa got to come home from the hospital for the holiday so that is the best part of Christmas this year.

LOL I'm hungry too but thats ok when making everything, have to taste it all make sure I'm not going to poison the guests.
Our antipasto has evolved through the years depending on whose coming and likes what. It's usually endive, fennel, brie, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes, feta stuffed olives, garlic olives, calabrasese mix, pickled vegetables, marinated mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, prosciutto, salami, black olives, sweet pickles, dill pickles, and more stuff I'm forgetting at the moment.

That's sweet your grandpa got to come home for the holidays at least. My fil's parents live seperate now but in the same retirement home. They will be there Christmas morning. My mil only has her father left but he no longer recalls his surroundings or others and will be in the hospital for the holidays. People will stop in all this next week but he won't know they are there or not sadly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Calsters
« Reply #2682 on: December 23, 2007 07:41:55 PM »

Jill sent me an absolutely amazing day 3!  I recieved a super-lucious scarf, a pair of Fetching, and a felted hat!  Today was bone cold, and I of course, had to get some supplies for another present.  I wore everything!  Pictures to come tomorrow.  I've got to get up early to finish my grandma's present.  Woot. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Callie Karen
firebird1919
« Reply #2683 on: December 23, 2007 08:03:57 PM »

*phew* just caught up with about 10 pages plus the gallery...worked retail 5 days straight, and thank goodness I'm not working again until the 26th!

Such lovely stuff everyone's getting! I'm loving all the gorgeous wool...I haven't knit in a while and now I'm itching to pull out my box and get going...after Christmas is over I'll have time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2684 on: December 23, 2007 08:16:31 PM »

Bugaboo, you are making me hungry too! That sounds really good.  Smiley

Coryjo, that's really great that you'll be able to spend Christmas with your grandpa.  Smiley

All the snow we had is melting.  Sad It's been raining all day with super strong wind and it was like 5 degree Celcius! Higher than 0, that's just strange this time of year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2685 on: December 23, 2007 08:21:57 PM »

All the snow we had is melting.  Sad It's been raining all day with super strong wind and it was like 5 degree Celcius! Higher than 0, that's just strange this time of year.

Bleck! here too and right now the winds are picking up and it sounds like howling outside, but, no longer white Sad
Thought we were getting a snow storm in the No east.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2686 on: December 24, 2007 05:44:52 AM »

I'm trying to catch up here!  I somehow managed to get off by an entire day!
I got my days 4 and 5 posted - go check them out!  I received an adorable set of Christmas mugs with crocheted cozies and matching coasters, and a fabulous DPN holder which I needed so badly!  Once the holiday madness slows down a bit, I think I'll post a before and after photoshoot of my DPN storage (they currently live in a shoebox which is sooo full I can't close the lid, and they get all mixed together - trying to piece together a set to start knitting a project is a project in itself!)  I'd actually like to do it right now, but I should be responsible and clean the house first...  Undecided

I opened day 3 last night when I got home - my husband has an old friend back in town for the holidays, so we've been out almost every night so that he can spend some time with her).  My day three is UNBELIEVABLE!  Really.  I've been calling Bugaboo1 the crochet queen, but she has some absolutely amazing sewing skills.  She's totally putting me to shame!  In about an hour, it will be as light here as it's going to be (the sun hasn't really come out in days) and I will post pics.  I may even cheat and make 'em big - because these bags she made totally deserve it.  I'm still in shock - I can't believe you made that bag!  No wonder your daughter is mad that you packed it up and sent it away!  Thank you so much!  I would have never even tried to do it!
(everyone will understand what I'm talking about when I get the pics up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #2687 on: December 24, 2007 05:56:18 AM »

I've been busy finishing up some christmas gifts, one left to do  Cheesy  Its just a few ornaments though! I finished my mothers quilt last night. I also made up the gingerbread dough last night so we will be making cookies today! I have to work until noon  Undecided 

Duckie I am glad you are liking your gifts and they are fitting, I'm not always the best at that and please don't look to closely at my sewing skills, or lack thereof  Roll Eyes  The oat cakes are the best ones I've come across and here on the east we like our oatcakes  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2688 on: December 24, 2007 06:31:27 AM »

and a fabulous DPN holder which I needed so badly!  Once the holiday madness slows down a bit, I think I'll post a before and after photoshoot of my DPN storage (they currently live in a shoebox which is sooo full I can't close the lid, and they get all mixed together - trying to piece together a set to start knitting a project is a project in itself!)  I'd actually like to do it right now, but I should be responsible and clean the house first...  Undecided

I opened day 3 last night when I got home -- I can't believe you made that bag!  No wonder your daughter is mad that you packed it up and sent it away!  Thank you so much!  I would have never even tried to do it!
(everyone will understand what I'm talking about when I get the pics up Smiley

YAY LOL I showed my daughter the post just so she now really knows it's NOT hidden somewhere in the house waiting for her!

I'm glad you have liked it all though. I purposely left the blank strip on the dpn holder because I didn't know how many sets of which sizes you have so figured you could customize it. And the yarn I forgot to label eekkk! It's Italian mohair my grandmother brought back from Genoa. There's approximately 300 yards (or should be) It comes unlabeled and not packaged as we're use to here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2689 on: December 24, 2007 10:40:22 AM »

YAY LOL I showed my daughter the post just so she now really knows it's NOT hidden somewhere in the house waiting for her!
Awww - I feel so mean now!  (but I'm not giving it back!!)

I'm downloading the pics now - I'm sure they're not going to do justice to any of those wonderful bags, the combination of gray wanna-be daylight and my craft light... bleh.

I should explain that odd scarf-like thing with buttons... I meant for it to be wrapped around twice and then buttoned...  I didn't realize until yesterday (really) when I presented my SIL with a 6 foot long scarf (she seemed a little confused) that not everyone wraps their scarves around a million times...  in fact, some people (like the SIL) just kinda drape them around the back of their necks and don't wrap at all... so strange  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 283 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Sandcastle
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelations and Cut-Through Arches
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelated Wall and Staircase
Sandcastle: Creating the Grand Entrance
Making Your Sandcastle Last for an Eternity
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...