A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 283
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap 2007(Everyone has feedback!)  (Read 112597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingerquilts
« Reply #2640 on: December 20, 2007 02:38:06 PM »

I received some great earrings today from redheadskydiver.  I had to force myself to take a picture before I put some on!  Thanks Christina!!

Very pretty and I saw the clock pic there OMG too cute! creative idea

dragonslair I so hope the check comes through for you.

Thanks!  It was fun to do. 

Dragonslair, I'm thinking VERY positive thoughts for you, too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 20, 2007 09:29:42 PM »

I am STILL having trouble sleeping all through the night b/c of jet lag so I got up this morning at 5:30 AM and opened my day 6. It's a lovely set all sort of centred around keeping warm and I'm off to post the pics as soon as I'm finished typing this. I'm actually wearing the hat right now!

Even better, despite the horrible winter storms out east the 2nd package arrived here today in perfect time to start being opened tomorrow. To be honest I was a little excited thinking about what would happen if it was late. That way I could stretch out this swap even longer.  Grin I love looking at all the new boxes.

Funny story: a few days ago I was watering our Christmas tree. The water runs through some clear tubing, like surgical tubing, and ends up in the base of the stand. Well for some reason both of our cats ADORE drinking the water from the tree stand. The pine must give it a certain piquante-ness. So they've both gathered around hovering as I water the tree, and one gets obsessed with watching the bubbles as they travel through the tube. He starts to bat at it and wouldn't you know it, HE PULLS THE TUBE OUT OF THE STAND. Water's pouring everywhere, I'm freaking out because of the presents, no one else knows what I'm yelling about and the cats are starting to circle because - yay! - there's an unlimited supply of tree water! They hit the well! All this is a very long and convoluted way to say that all the presents got moved around while we mopped up the mess.
Yesterday my little brother came to me with a sheepish look. "We were putting the presents back and we found one with no tag," he said. "I think it might be yours." (He's 18 and a real arse but he can be so little-boy sweet sometimes.) So they set it aside.
I completely forgot about this, and when I came down this morning I noticed that the day 6 package had been set aside. How sweet!, I thought.

Until they panicked trying to find it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2642 on: December 20, 2007 09:38:14 PM »

Phew, I've been a total bum about posting pictures and stalking the gallery but after tomorrow I'm off work until next Thursday (WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!) and so I'll have lots of time to stalk and craft.  SewingLori sent me some beautiful headbands for day 7, they are so rad.  Day 6 was all knit goodies which I desperately need since it's been so freakin cold here, they are so cool.  Today I opened up a recipe book full of recipes for 5 delicious treats.  They look so yummy, I can't wait to start cooking!!  The coolest part is the book itself, which is handmade and too awesome for words, really.  Thanks so much SewingLori!  I love everything I've opened. 
Now off to bed so that I can get work over with for the week and start my vacation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

« Reply #2643 on: December 21, 2007 04:56:31 AM »

Dragonslair I will keep my fingers crossed all day for you.

I'm so glad that you like your day 6! You said you wanted to learn how to knit, I tried to think of everything that you might need. The case was different to do, so the front is a little wonky. The kids were nervous about their day seven stuff. I told them you guys would love it though.

And Brandy and Jimmy are in 7th heaven with their stuff! Jimmy was all, :I get to open presents before Christmas?: He's so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadpole due- November 2008!
Another craft project, home made!

My stepmother's apron site

Wist
redheadskydiver
« Reply #2644 on: December 21, 2007 06:11:05 AM »

Dragonslair - hope things work out for you.

We've been going through a nightmare with our homeowners insurance not wanting to renew our policy as well. I've contacted the state insurance commissioner and hope that they can help get things resolved.

But on better news, I opened a fantastic Day 5 package from gingerquilts this morning! It's the most amazing fleur d'lis messenger bag with accessories ever!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raynbow
« Reply #2645 on: December 21, 2007 06:15:57 AM »

For day 5 I got a set of 8 (?) notecards with my monnogram on them in 4 different patterns.  They are awesome.  I need to take more pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrafterInIL
« Reply #2646 on: December 21, 2007 06:21:26 AM »

I ran out of time this morning and didn't get a chance to open Day 5 before work!  UGGH!  I can't wait to get home and open.  Luckily this won't happen again through the remained of the swap since I'm off work.

Off to live vicariously through others!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!
My WIST: http://wists.com/PugMama3
gwenyvarr
The New Year...a new list of crafts

I'm a lucky dog...

« Reply #2647 on: December 21, 2007 06:36:36 AM »

I received part of Day 11 from Maremare.  It was three very nice soap bases.  Which tells me, I can't wait for the rest of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannan Hinners

LV Mini Gallery
My Ever Growing Wist
I love doing personal swaps...pm me
Calsters
« Reply #2648 on: December 21, 2007 07:00:17 AM »

Day five for me was:  Two Tutorials in One Day!  I recieved sock yarn dyed by Jill-the color is absolutely fabulous!  In addition I recieved knitpicks "bare" yarn for me to dye, Kool-Aid for dying my yarn, Knitpicks Harmony DPNs in size 1, a begining sock pattern, and instructions to dye yarn!  I LOVE THIS DAY AND THIS SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Callie Karen
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 21, 2007 07:04:18 AM »

Day 5 (yes, I'm up early AGAIN) was a bunch of great supplies. I got a pin cushion, a roll-up case for DPNs, a quilting ruler/template, and roving and a drop spindle! Now I'm off to Knitty to see if I can find some instructions because OMG MUST START RIGHT NOW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 283 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Primers
Kelly Osbourne & Shay Mitchell Offer Up Their Best Beauty Tips
How to Make Your Own Makeup Remover
How to Create the Perfect Smokey Eye in 5 Minutes
Beauty Products To Keep You Smelling & Looking Radiant As You Travel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...