A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 283
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap 2007(Everyone has feedback!)  (Read 112558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007 12:57:55 PM »

My questions will have to wait until my SO gets back to town, he left with the laptop!!!  where I had my Q's started! oh well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
susanab
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007 01:03:15 PM »

this sounds like a totally fab swap. i'm just having a hard time getting a feel for the parameters--cost or time for each day...any guideline you can help me on?

I don't think that I can provide you with any guidelines other than this swap will more than likely soak up a lot of TIME, RESOURCES and/or $$$. I am planning on sending 3 Flat Rate USPS Boxes so that is already going to be about $27.

Thanky. I just have to think carefully if I'll have enough of all those things!! Sounds like a ton of fun, tho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007 01:28:42 PM »

My husband threatens me with cutting off the internet connection.  I pretend like I wouldn't care, and then he says, "yeah right, you know you would have a heart attack if you couldn't check craftster every 12 minutes!"

I suppose he might have a point.  is it really bad that I have decided to do craftster christmas swaps this year instead of making things for actual relatives?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007 01:31:33 PM »

I suppose he might have a point.  is it really bad that I have decided to do craftster christmas swaps this year instead of making things for actual relatives?

OMG that is TOO FUNNY!!!!

I have been slowly working on making crafts for my family/friends all throughout this year. I am about 75% done. So I think I am ok to do the 12 Days Swap. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007 01:39:54 PM »

I'm actually serious, though.  I normally work like crazy for 5 months to make something for everyone in mine and my husband's families, and then they come over, open it, shrug, and don't even say thanks.  I haven't gotten a christmas gift in 8 years.

I figure that if I make presents for craftster instead, the person might actually like the stuff, and I'll most likely get a fab pressie back!

I do have a question though...If I made a large thing that had parts, would it count for more days, like if I knitted a pair of socks, could I make that a day number 2 gift?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007 01:59:32 PM »

I'm actually serious, though.  I normally work like crazy for 5 months to make something for everyone in mine and my husband's families, and then they come over, open it, shrug, and don't even say thanks.  I haven't gotten a christmas gift in 8 years.
I guess I am lucky that most of my friends and family enjoy my crafted gift. My MIL actually cried last year when I gave her one of my handmade xmas ornaments. Totally caught me off guard.

I do have a question though...If I made a large thing that had parts, would it count for more days, like if I knitted a pair of socks, could I make that a day number 2 gift?

I am not sure how long it takes to knit socks, but the lower numbered days are supposed to be "larger" sizes and more time intensive items. And according to the craftster "size" guidelines a "large" item should take 3+ hours. So if that works for you, then sure, socks for day #2.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007 05:39:13 PM »

alrighty, PM sent. Now to wait for approval. I tried to keep my questionnaire from turning into a book...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007 06:03:08 PM »

My husband threatens me with cutting off the internet connection.  I pretend like I wouldn't care, and then he says, "yeah right, you know you would have a heart attack if you couldn't check craftster every 12 minutes!"

we might have the same husband! that is almost exactly what mine said.  I still have this computer but the laptop had my questions, at least a page full....

and as for crafting for the family....I know only one or 2 really appreciate what I make for them...so they are the only ones that get home made stuff....for the rest, that is what gift cards are for!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007 06:13:09 PM »

:edit: I just starting making a wist for this swap. and now, I have another addiction. I've already fought for my laptop twice....silly SO.

As far as family goes, I made my neice a felt name book, it's on here somewhere. When i gave it to her, one of my uncles said "you'd do anything to not have to spend money wouldnt you..."  Shocked , so I know how you feel. and yes, Gift cards are wonderful for those certain members.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007 06:17:18 PM »

As far as family goes, I made my niece a felt name book, it's on here somewhere. When i gave it to her, one of my uncles said "you'd do anything to not have to spend money wouldnt you..."  Shocked , so I know how you feel. and yes, Gift cards are wonderful for those certain members.

OMG!! How insulting. Sad I bet that felt name book was way more awesome than anything you would "buy" in a store.

My DH is a proud supporter of my craftster addiction, only because he has a sports site that is his craftster equivalent. haha plus we never fight over computer useage because we each have our own laptop and we each have a PC. I know, way excessive. Tongue
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007 06:18:39 PM by kishcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 283 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Beaded Bracelet
Beading: Basic Beading Terms to Know
Beading: Materials for Getting Started
How to Byzantine Chainmaille
How to Half Persian Chainmaille
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...