A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: winter holiday quilting craft-a-long  (Read 11795 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ezri_B
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007 10:57:01 AM »

ezri_b! Your tree sounds amazing. Purple and black sounds so elegant. I'm thinking of doing a red and gold tree this year.

are you going to be crocheting the stockings too or sewing them? I bought a pattern through simplicity last year and made a few and really like how they turned out.

Thanks, we used to always get a real tree, (so it was green) and I always put up white with gold and I loved it so much, but the white and gold don't really work with a white tree. We did burgandy, bronze, and gold last year on the white tree, which was nice, but now my room is a completely different color, and that just wouldn't look right. So I get to start over. I like the pink and blue would be fun, and match my room much better, but I doubt hubby would stand for it. And he HATES purple, so I think it will probably be green and red traditional, but I'm going to try.

Those projects are all my quilting projects, so the stockings will be sewn. My biggest problem from the past is I tend to over think it and want to make them too fancy or themed for the kids. Then they'll grow out of the theme and I'd have to make a new one. So I'm going for simple this year with the stockings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007 12:53:59 PM »

so glad some of you have multiple projects, too! can't wait to see results! i'm also glad we have a conversation going...it seems like we are having a good time chatting with each other and hopefully that means we'll keep this going strong all through the season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
solarray
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007 06:44:37 PM »

don't get me started on trees, i'm slightly addicted. on my white one i've been doing bright 50's colors, atomic blue, green, purple & magenta. this will be its third year and i still don't have a tree skirt for it. last year i got a star for the top but it doesn't stay on very well. it kinda leans and occasionally stares at the floor.
i'd like to get a nice flocked one but have only seen one that i liked and of course just my luck it wasn't for sale.
so far on my holiday quilt i've finished one block and cut out the pieces for the next one. i think i'm going to be slow getting into it, i still have a fall quilt to finish a costume to make and a halloween penny woolie to finish.
 :Dtis' the season to craft until your fingers fall off....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_k

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007 07:31:00 PM »

oh, girls...i just have to tell you...so, you know my husband is helping lay out all the blocks for my rag quilt...90 done...only 9 more to go! anyway...tonight he and his good friend went running and we cooked dinner and as i was cleaning up, my husband started moving blocks around...well, his friend started helping!! Cheesy oh, it was just priceless!
"hey...hand me that one over there by you with the red..."
"okay, but let me see that green one next to your foot..."
"i think that looks good."
"yeah...that looks good."

Cheesy oh, i am so lucky!!
----------
solarray...what is a halloween penny woolie?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
solarray
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007 07:48:08 PM »

tomm. i'll scan the front of the instruction booklet and post it.
you cut out all the pieces from thick boiled wool and layer them and hand sew them together, the one i'm working on is a small table runner called "scardey cat."

my husband has been known to help put scrapbook pages together and assorted other crafting tasks, but has yet to help with quilting or sewing in general, other than to help me decide between fabrics. lucky you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silk81
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007 01:15:59 AM »

I'd like to join!

I have way to many UFOs lying around but I want to make at least a tablecloth for the holiday season!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
Ezri_B
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007 05:10:36 AM »

oh, solarray I know what you mean about crafting til your fingers fall off. I have 6 costumes still to make for Halloween. My hubby and mine will have to be something easy. Usually we have them by now, but it was a crazy summer. I have to make a centaur (1/2 done), a Mad Eye Moody from Harry Pottter (hubby's doing the eye part,) a transformer (hubby's doing most of this, but I'll have to paint it I'm sure, and an ice cream cone... I haven't really started any of them. But I always get burnt out on halloween costumes, so I'm hoping to pull in my christmas stuff when that happens this year.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007 05:31:18 AM »

I think I'm going to join to have you all poke me when I get slack! Cheesy

For my Mum's birthday I have decided to make a basic squares patchwork quilt for her bed. It's a special birthday and I know she would appreciate it as she's admired these for a while. However I feel like I'm at the bottom of a mountain at the moment. I have only ever made patchwork cushions before so this will be a challenge to say the least. Her birthday is in December and I have till my flight on the 9th to make it, yikes!

Thanks to some lovely craftsters who have swapped with me I now have all the fabric I need and am currently in the process of cutting all my squares out. So I'm nowhere near the fun task of planning the layout! Roll Eyes miss_k I think I'll need you to loan me your hubby for that job, sounds like he has a good eye!

You all have some wonderful projects on the go, I hope you don't mind a newbie tagging along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_k

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007 05:52:21 AM »

miss_k I think I'll need you to loan me your hubby for that job, sounds like he has a good eye!

You all have some wonderful projects on the go, I hope you don't mind a newbie tagging along!

we're so glad to have you! the more the merrier! my husband will be glad to hear that his services are in demand! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
solarray
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007 07:57:35 AM »

[/img]
hopefully i did this right, its the first time i've posted a pic on crafster.
so here is what the penny woollie will look like when its done (hopefully.) i liked the vintage look to the cats faces. i havn't decided where it is going to go yet when its done.

sorry its so scarey big, i'll work on that next time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007 08:00:03 AM by solarray » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cucumber Appetizers
Plating the Crab Cakes
Making the Aioli for the Crab Cakes
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
Plating the New York Strip Steak
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...