A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old CDs / AOL CDs / AOL CD Cases  (Read 150994 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonunit426
Democrafter

Dear Duct Tape, You hold my life together. <3 M.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2004 12:16:05 PM »

I used a small drill bit to drill holes in the top and bottom. Then I used fishing line to string about 4 together a couple inches apart. I hooked a paper clip onto the topmost string and hooked them above my window. They reflect light and look so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xxxkatxxx
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2004 09:23:39 PM »

I had hundreds of those AOL disks that they send you in the mail. And I broke them into pieces and hot glued them on a piece of wood. So it kinda works like a puzzle I guess is the best way to describe it. But when you are done it looks like a shattered mirror.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2004 01:08:12 PM »

here's a picture of what it looks like when you're done

http://www.hamjudo.com/notes/cd.jpg

That looks so amazing. I must now think of some way to use them. Can you cut/break them and use them in a mosaic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schquimpy
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2004 09:09:15 PM »

i'm pretty sure you can. i remember trying to break them and they bend a lot before they'll snap. i guess you could try tin snips or wire cutters or something. they'd probably trash your scissors long before they cut anything. i would recommend wearing some eye protection in case of flying cd-type debris.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

somewhere my vocational guidance counselor is laughing hysterically
RoseTheRiviter
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2004 05:57:23 AM »

I have no pics yet; CD Mobile: choose good strong string (waxed, fishing string, floss, etc); I used the waxed type string used to make jewelry as it is good and strong. I also needed this strength to hold mine at the top as it is very heavy. Read on. Go for five strings at the most because of CDs large size; don't make length too long as it will get tangled in the wind; (my first project failed);

My 2nd one I made the length about 18 to 20 inches long and that [b]included[/b] the CD tied on the bottom. glue or tie maybe both,(your choice) CDs together;  experiment;

I just glued them together, tied a string around the center to the side, then attached a babble to hang at the bottom. Then tie another long string (about 36 ") to the other side of the CDS onto which you will string your beads and hang it. You can tie a little bobble on the bottom if you wish; you can place a little babble of some type in the center of the Cds too;

Then get all your extra beads (that will accommodiate your choice of string or cord) and divide them all out into five sets. If you don't have exactly enough of each just substitute according to size and color.

String the beads on above the CDs. Lay your first one to the side (or hang it near you some way for easy reference). Then string the rest. Tie them to an object of your choice.

Believe it or not, I used a round chrome motorcycle primary cover (it was about 8 inches across) and tied the strings to the primary screw holes. Then tie strings to the top part, gather them all together, tie in one knot, come about 2 inches above that and tie in another knot. Then hang it up and see what else you want to do with it.

After hanging it, I found an extra silver-type chain that I hung under the primary cover, and between the other strings to add interest. I like lots of babbles and beads. My second one turned out great. It serves as a memory of that particular day I made it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madeyebeckie

Moo, moo, moo! I am voodoo cursing you!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2004 11:08:19 AM »

god bless san francisco, i saw a guy putting tons of cd's in a circle around the spokes of his bike wheels as reflectors. =) clever! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A builder is someone who works with their hands. A craftsman is someone who works with their hands and their mind. An artist is someone who works with their hands, their mind, and their soul.
FemmeFatale
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2004 07:34:11 PM »

Well my friend does crazy collages on her walls..and she had tons of old cds that she didnt want anymore...so we cracked them. You bust them up. I just bent them untill they broke, but cracking them with a hammer works also. and then we used a putty that sticks to walls (like teachers use to hang posters) and fixed them back into a circle. but they were spread out really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weRnotALONE
The All Powerful Zippy

yumm... talking muffins...

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2004 10:38:15 AM »

I crackled mine in the microwave. They came out looking pretty neat, It only takes about 10 seconds, the surface sparks, then you're left with a crackled cd. I then spraypainted the backs of them. I'm going to make a mobile or a curtain thing, Not sure which yet.

******And I wouldn't suggest doing the crackling if you've only got 1 microwave. We just got a new one, so the old microwave is in the garage just screaming to be a part of the " Can you microwave this?" gameshow my friend is making. Yes we are bored people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
shopmadblue
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2004 04:32:59 AM »

hi im new here. i want to make a beaded cd curtain any advice on what i should do? do i have to make extra hols in the cd or can i just thread string or whatever through the hole in the middle. and how should i attatch it to a shelving unit? i dont really wanna drill holes in it could i use bulldog clips or summit?

thanx luv soph
THIS ROCKS   Logged
obituarybirthday
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2004 11:25:00 PM »

not too sure if this has been posted yet but you could glue them into a little boxy shape thing, stick a tealight candle in there and make a candle holder and the light will shine through the spost you couldn't glue because cds are round. not too sure if the heat from the candle would melt the cd though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get to add a signature........ here it is.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sexy Vampire Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Bump Your Hair Naturally
CHI Organics Olive Hair Glaze Review
How to Create Fall Makeup
Barbie Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Simple Casserole Carrier
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...