A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Letterboxing Swap?  (Read 6663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008 09:38:53 AM »

I went letterboxing this weekend and thought about this. I would love to do it but I can't organize it. I was going to at the first of the year but life got in the way Undecided. If someone wants to take the lead-that would be great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scienceissexy
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2008 10:19:52 AM »

But I am having a baby in 7 days, sooo.... a swap is out for now.   

Geez...you have 7 days left by all means you have enough time  Tongue Good luck with the baby, I have a feeling that letterboxing might be out for you for a while anyway!

I went letterboxing this weekend and thought about this. I would love to do it but I can't organize it. I was going to at the first of the year but life got in the way . If someone wants to take the lead-that would be great.

I would consider organizing it once my swaps and school are finished up for the summer (that would mean atleast June really). It would be prime time letterboxing season. I guess I will wait and see unless someone else wants to get it started sooner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2008 10:55:30 AM »

I love the idea of this, but I need to learn that I can't get involved in everything that seems fun. Perhaps later this summer when I'm not as busy and stressed. I just want to be finished with my education and get a joooob...

I'm not really sure what I could make for a swap like this. I've never made stamps and while I enjoy to dabble in paper craft I don't think I could make a journal that would survive in a letterbox Grin Do you have any suggestions? Knitted fingerless gloves for cold weather letterboxing perhaps? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scienceissexy
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2008 12:34:23 PM »

I'm not really sure what I could make for a swap like this. I've never made stamps and while I enjoy to dabble in paper craft I don't think I could make a journal that would survive in a letterbox  Do you have any suggestions? Knitted fingerless gloves for cold weather letterboxing perhaps?

I think the fingerless gloves are a great idea! Also I know when I go I take a compass, my camera, a bag to hold everything, my stamp, the directions, water, and sometimes snacks if it's a long one.  I normally take extras to replace things in the box...like extra baggies for weatherproofing and an extra ink pad in case the one in the box is dry.

Some things you could make would be a cute bag or camera bag or strap. You could make a stamp but I think the stamp that you stamp into the journals is kinda personal. I do agree that it would be hard to craft a lot of things for this swap.

We could also do something where you go letterboxing somewhere and take pics and such for your partner. Then send these to your partner in a different journal. We could try to partner people up with people that live no where near them so maybe you could letterbox through them at places where you may never get to.

On another note I don't actually stamp the stamps in the boxes into a journal. I take 3 pieces of cardstock (bazzils) in a ivory shade and stamp the stamp on each paper. I also pick up brochures or trail maps from whereever the letterbox is. Once I print my pics from the trip I do a scrapbook layout of each box I visit. For me this is a way to incorporate my scrapbooking obsession with letterboxing. I tend to take a ton of pics on each excursion and I think the hobby is as much about what you find on the way to the letterbox as finding the box itself.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

violette28
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2008 01:18:48 PM »

I've never heard of this until today! I'm glad I did.  Smiley
Looks like I've found a new hobby!
I'd be in for a swap if it happened!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rivergdss
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2008 09:11:41 AM »

I was JUST thinking about this.... the weather is perfect for it!  But I am having a baby in 7 days, sooo.... a swap is out for now.  Undecided
I do hope this takes off, though!

Congrats and best wishes to you!

We had a chance to get two easy boxes last weekend, and my 8 yr. old has discovered "virtual" letterboxes.  I print out the puzzles and she works on them when she doesn't have much homework.

I'm still interested in swapping, but I've never done a Craftster swap, so I don't think I should/could organize it.

Some ideas for swapping -
A lanyard for your compass
A felt pocket for your stamp / pad / markers & pens
A decorated 3-ring binder for organizing clues & maps

It seems like letterboxers are very individual, so I'd want to get to know my swap partner to figure out what to trade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much inspiration, so little time
dianamariemtv

There's a bit of super hero in every mom :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2008 11:09:16 AM »

Did this swap ever go "live"?  If not, I'm totally interested in joining!  Any takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting_nyxxie

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2008 07:10:06 AM »

I would be intrested in this swap too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
stringofpearls
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2009 01:06:33 AM »

I would be interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Old McDonald Had a Farm in Violin
How to Play Rocky Top on the Fiddle Violin
How to Play Silent Night on the Violin
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle - Part 3
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...