A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone up for a Frou Frou Crochet-Along???  (Read 7534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clawitter

oi with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007 12:11:11 AM »

it already doesn't work in the first row after the foundation chain. One can even calculate that it doesnt work.

If you sc in the 3rd chain from the hook after making a total of 80 ch (78+2 for the first chain space) you would be crocheting in the 1st of the 78 foundation row stitches. If you then always ch 1 sk 1 sc 1 you would end up with one left over stitch and less than 40 ch 1 spaces. If you ch into the 4th ch from the hook you start with the 2nd of the 78 st and end up even at the end but with only 39 ch spaces. So however you do it it doesn't add up.......

help anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life would be an altogether supreme experience if i had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling

i would love to do (personal) swaps

http://www.wists.com/clawitter
creative reveries
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007 09:59:46 AM »

I had the same problem with the foundation chain.  I ended up just skipping over the two spaces to make it work.  It worked out fine for subsequent rows.  But, to be honest, I'm pretty horrible at counting stitches so I'm not sure I'm doing it exactly right (I have been counting rows though).  I've measured a few times and it  matches up to the diagram measurements so I can't be too far off.

I just started the shaping of the collar.  I'm taking a bus to New York for the weekend so I should have a lot of crochet time.  I want to finish this within the next two weeks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007 03:36:49 PM »

I have a problem with the froufrou.
i finally started and everything is fine, but my stitches don't add up.....i start out with 78+2 and but i never end with a ch1, sc. i add with ch1, sc and one extra stitch......so the entire count becomes screwed.....does anyone know this problem? please please help. i frogged twice already and i have no idea what i am doing wrong. this problem is not in the errata. am i just not seeing something?

please help.....

Seems like a lot of people have been having the same problem.  What I did was to put in a few extra chains in the foundation.  When I have the right stitch count for row 1, I just snip and unravel the extra chains, tightening the last unworked chain next to the first crochet stitch to form a knot.  I always do this just in case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my yarncraft blog, RedCrochet.wordpres s.com
clawitter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007 11:57:15 PM »

oh my, that's a great idea.....awwwww but i am 11 rows into it already and about half an inch to short on the width. i am hoping it'll still work out. i don't feel like unravelling.

has anyone made a size small? what kind of size person would it fit? cause i am making a small but i don't know whether it would fit....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life would be an altogether supreme experience if i had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling

rondo
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007 11:04:02 AM »

My first attempt at the frou-frou was a small.  I have a very small chest and am petite...but it was quite snug.  For some reason even though I met gauge the measurements came out too small when I was finished. I had the errata before beginning, so I know it wasn't that.   I'm going to re-assess this time and probably go up a size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007 11:16:40 AM »

Yeah, I noticed the same problem with sizing.  I think it's because the fabric stretches vertically and narrows horizontally as it gets larger and heavier. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clawitter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007 12:30:12 AM »

okay, so i am finally half way through the back (pictures to come soon) but the sides of the back lock like they have steps in them wherever i had to decrease. is this supposed to be that way? it wasn't for the cupcake.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitestar
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007 07:13:30 PM »

I'm working on a FrouFrou too right now - I'll be checking in with y'all later! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007 04:39:20 PM »

okay, so i am finally half way through the back (pictures to come soon) but the sides of the back lock like they have steps in them wherever i had to decrease. is this supposed to be that way? it wasn't for the cupcake.....

Yes; the problem goes away when you sew up the side seams.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lglass
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007 11:15:25 AM »

I just bought yarn for this one.  I want to make it for my mom by Christmas.  I'm glad I saw that I should read the errata before I started. 

I'm using Red Heart Symphony--it was only 99 cents at Hobby Lobby!  But I'm a little afraid of not being able to see my stitches. Once I'm done with midterms I'll start on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Tips - How to Protect Camera Lens
How to Use a Neutral Density Graduated Filter
How to Shoot Great Portrait Photos
How to Shoot Landscape Photos
How to Shoot Photos on a Night Out
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...