A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Knit Picks wooden needle tips for its Options circulars  (Read 3265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

detritus
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007 06:15:36 PM »

I think I'm gonna have to buy these! After learning to knit magic loop style (LOVE IT!!), most of my needles have become useless. I've no desire to knit with my double points anymore and the cheapy circulars I own have too stiff a cable to be used for magic loop. So I've been purchasing Addi bamboo circs for my latest projects, but those are so expensive that I can't imagine trying to replace my entire needle collection with them.

I was hesitant about the interchangeables since I didn't like the Boye's I had (the cables were way too stiff and the tips kept coming unscrewed), but all the reviews of the Knitpicks are so positive.

I was going to ask for them as a Christmas gift, but I think I'm going to have to just place an order now because I'm not sure I can wait. In fact, I'm gonna place my order now!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007 09:32:00 PM »

I really want the wooden ones, but i love the case the nickel plated come in, so i just cant bring myself to get them. the plastic case doesnt seem neat (as in orderly, not fancy) enough. im a bit obsessive when it comes to organization (e.g. all of my printed patterns are in plastic sleeves and i copy them when i want to knit something so the original doesnt get wrinkled) so the case is almost as important as the needles themselves. i wish theyd sell the binder by itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
btrsweet07
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007 05:59:23 AM »

I just ordered the set of DPN's for a pair of socks I'm getting ready to start.  Once I get these, and if I like them as much as everyone on here does, then I'll continue to order these.  I don't think that the prices are too far off from the regular needles I generally pick up at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for all the reviews!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detritus
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007 06:36:50 PM »

Jewelaroni, they do sell the cases separately (I'm not sure if this is a new addition or not). Here's the link:
http://www.knitpicks.com/Needle+Case+with+Pockets_ND80311.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007 08:43:21 PM »

Oooh, thats VERY good news! do you get all the same stuff in both sets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I <3 Dale Cooper.
missknitty
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007 02:49:35 PM »

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (Oct.6), emailed last week to check what was going on (since I haven't received anything), but not a piip. Boo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

detritus
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007 11:06:14 AM »

Weird. I ordered mine about a week ago, and even though I got the "these are sold out" notice, I received an email saying they had been shipped the next day. I just got them a couple days ago and they are fantastic! My favorite needles ever. Hardness and slipperyness somewhere between wood and metal. I hate the click of metal so I'm a wood/bamboo girl all the way, but I hadn't realized how much I missed sharp points until trying these out. Now I just need to order a few more cables...

I hope yours come soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007 03:39:37 PM »

I've decided to put these AND the nice case on my Christmas list. I'm VERY excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I <3 Dale Cooper.
Caclark4
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007 09:49:38 AM »

I haven't ordered the wooden needle tips yet (if I do well on my first craft show, I get a set...lol).  However, I did order a set of dpns and I would suggest that you check the tips when you get them.  One of my needles had a split end.  Knit Picks was awesome though...they are sending me a whole new set right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
zknits
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007 07:37:06 PM »

oh my goodness.......i finally broke down and bought the needles even tho i already have denise needles...they came today...i've transfered one of my holiday presents to them already and i'm in love...they're light, the join is smooth, they have a pointy tip...and they're cute....what's not to love...the yarn slides so nicely over them...my goodness...i'm in love...my only problem is that the smallest cord size is too large for hats...i'm going to try it tho...haha
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Cream Sauce Recipe
Wasabi Paste Recipe
Sesame Tuna Recipe
How to Saute Sausage and Shrimp for Lumpia
How to Prepare the Cabbage for Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...