A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,654
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chicago Craftster meet-up thread!  (Read 36107 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pleaseelise
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008 08:42:10 AM »

Oh, I want to do crafty get-togethers too!  I have a big apartment in Andersonville, with a nice big table space and lots of tea and sometimes snacks, so I could host.  I am so starved to meet people.  I moved here in October knowing only one person, and I have maybe TWO other friends now.  Neither of them crafty.  I need people who understand my devotion to discount fabric racks and thrift-store yarn!  I need people not to look at me strangely when I talk about how last weekend I crocheted six hats just because I learned how.  I need people to share my lament of cats + yarn = chaos.
I need other craft nerds  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeRaggs
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

RaeRaggs

http://raeraggs.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008 08:37:49 AM »

Hi everyone!  Smiley We're setting a casual meeting time next week to meet other craftsters interested in getting a group started.  We'll grab coffee somewhere, introduce ourselves, talk about what kind of projects we like to do, and discuss times and days that we are available.  I'm so excited to meet some of the creative people on Craftster!!

So we'll be meeting Thursday, January 17th at 6:00 pm.  The location is yet to be determined depending on where everyone is coming from.  It will be some kind of coffee shop or perhaps a Borders on the north side.  I'll be posting that on next Tuesday.

Bring a friend and see you next week!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC personal swap? I spy quilt square swap?
pleaseelise
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008 09:29:19 AM »

And after we meet for coffee and get to know each other, regular meetings will follow at my apartment in Andersonville (unless we find another place).  I'm easily accessible by both bus and train, and have lots of space.  I'm eager to see everyone next week at whichever coffee place we pick!
E
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008 09:53:32 AM »

I wish I could come, but it's too far away from me.   Cry

Have fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaeRaggs
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

RaeRaggs

http://raeraggs.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008 07:21:24 AM »

We'll be meeting tomorrow at Coffee Chicago, 6:00 pm.  Its located at Broadway and Berwyn.  If you can make it just look for the ladies with the needles and hooks.  Smiley

I think it would still be a good idea to have a poll to see what day to have craft meets on, since not everyone interested can make it tomorrow.

Tata

RaeRaggs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC personal swap? I spy quilt square swap?
number3legs
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008 08:13:05 AM »

Ooh me! I live in Lincoln Square (just moved from Logan Square) and all my friends live SW of me. None of them craft, anyway  Huh 

I started knitting about a year ago and then picked up crochet a while after that. I make paintings/collages/drawings & that sort of thing since forever. I also want to learn how to sew. I have a lame-o sewing machine and I just set up a corner of my living room as a crafting nook. Very exciting for me, not so exciting for my boyfriend.

I'm out-of-state right now, but I would love to come to the next meet-up! And, for the record, Thursday at six would work terrifically for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alyrenee
Multitasking Megalomaniac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008 05:28:50 PM »

Gahh!  I just missed this...

Well i live in uptown and would love to meet and craft. 

And if anyone is looking for fabric scraps...I work in a costume shop and we toss a TON of stuff away like every day.  I save anything bigger than my hand for doll clothes and other projects...but I usually have more than I can handle.  So I will toss stuff in a big bag and bring it to the next meeting maybe.  It just kills me to throw stuff away.

I also work at a theatre in boystown and we have been talking about having a Crafty Beaver night where folks can get together, have a drink, chat, and listen to music and such....I will let you know when it happens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There was a little girl who had a little curl...
treesa
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008 07:20:59 PM »

Meh, I just missed this too! I'd like to come if it's on a thursday or during the week sometime. Let me know how to find out when and where and I'll be there with knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymphara
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008 08:22:11 AM »

Ahhh! Also just missed this. I really would love to go to something like this. I have no crafty friends here, and I'm going through withdrawl! Would all of us who missed this last one be interested in meeting up somewhere? If so, what neighboorhood would everyone like to meet in?

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a fabric/yarn/whatever swap. Sound good?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treesa
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008 05:57:37 PM »

I'm one of the "missed it" people and would be up for meeting sometime. I live in west loop but am fine going to other neighborhoods as I need some more crafty people to hang with. If anyone is interested let's hook it up Smiley

I'd love to get in on a yarn/whatever swap too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martin Cruz Smith Talks About Three Stations
Terra McVoy Talks About Pure
Meet Fitness Guru Susan Powter
A Taste of Colored Water Book Trailer
Meet Author Josh Frank
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...