A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chicago Craftster meet-up thread!  (Read 35894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pleaseelise
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008 01:30:17 PM »

Hey everyone,
Glad to see so many interested people!  The plan was to have the first meeting at Coffee Chicago and then the rest at my place in Andersonville, but since it was only Desirae and I at the last meeting, how about we do the next one at Coffee Chicago too?  Desirae and I had planned to meet at 6pm on Thursday, January 31, and we talked about having these get-togethers twice per month. 
So how about we meet next Thurs, the 31st, at Coffee Chicago, located at Berwyn and Broadway?
Yay for a craft group!
Elise
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymphara
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008 01:38:15 PM »

That sounds great. It's a bit far for me, is there parking around there? I'm off the blue line, so it'd probably be easier to drive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alyrenee
Multitasking Megalomaniac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008 07:13:48 PM »

booo....i think i have a meeting that night.  i will see what i can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There was a little girl who had a little curl...
RaeRaggs
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

RaeRaggs

http://raeraggs.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008 07:30:15 AM »

Its exciting to see so much interest in this!  When we met at Coffee Chicago last week I drove and didn't have a problem finding a spot.  Right out side of the shop there is meter parking and about a block away starts the free street parking.  The red line Berwyn stop is right there as well.

Though a coffee shop is a nice place to do needlework, I look forward to meeting in a home where it will be more conducive to projects like scrapbooking or working with clay. 

I'll see you next Thursday!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC personal swap? I spy quilt square swap?
treesa
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008 10:17:58 AM »

Cool, I'll be there. It's kinda for for me too but shouldn't be too bad if there's parking...   Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymphara
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008 10:50:47 AM »

I'm so excited! I have been in craft-buddy withdrawl forever now. w00t for craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaeRaggs

RaeRaggs

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008 10:53:48 AM »

If you live on the north side its not too far.  I have to go home to Kenosha, WI afterwards.  THATS far.   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alyrenee
Multitasking Megalomaniac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008 11:36:33 AM »

Well, tentatively scheduled for April 5th at my theatre ( www.strawdog.org ) is the exciting second Crafty Beaver T-shirt competition.  A couple of years ago, we had a tank top competition and had the best time ever.  Basically, everybody gave a tank top the DIY treatment and we all get drunk and modeled them.  Twas great fun.  We are doing it again with t-shirts this time.  I will have supplies on hand to decorate the t-shirts you bring or you can bring one already finished... But its sure to be good goofy fun.  And we have a bar.  What can be better than bedazzling and drinking? Boys and girls welcome.  When I get more details, I will let you know....

Strawdog is on the second floor at 3829 North Broadway in the Uptown/boystown neighborhood and right off the sheridan redline stop.  There is street parking but it can be tricky to acquire.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There was a little girl who had a little curl...
RaeRaggs

RaeRaggs

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008 01:24:22 PM »

The t-shirt competition sounds interesting.  Is there a fee to get in?  What kind of prize is there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008 01:39:49 PM »

Well, tentatively scheduled for April 5th at my theatre ( www.strawdog.org ) is the exciting second Crafty Beaver T-shirt competition.  A couple of years ago, we had a tank top competition and had the best time ever.  Basically, everybody gave a tank top the DIY treatment and we all get drunk and modeled them.  Twas great fun.  We are doing it again with t-shirts this time.  I will have supplies on hand to decorate the t-shirts you bring or you can bring one already finished... But its sure to be good goofy fun.  And we have a bar.  What can be better than bedazzling and drinking? Boys and girls welcome.  When I get more details, I will let you know....

Strawdog is on the second floor at 3829 North Broadway in the Uptown/boystown neighborhood and right off the sheridan redline stop.  There is street parking but it can be tricky to acquire.

You should definitely put this in the calendar!  Let me know if you don't know how.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Simple Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: Introduction to Tunisian
How to Use Rainbow Looms
How to Prep and Paint Windows and Doors
Halloween Pumkpin Tootsie Pop Display
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...