A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Very Tall Socks" Knitty Winter '04  (Read 8566 times)
Tags for this thread: socks  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004 02:17:23 PM »

As many others said, these sound so fun! but I'll have to wait til after christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avsceriline
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004 11:08:12 AM »

I'm psyched to make these! Usually *blush* I'm a serious yarn snob, but I'd love to do something with acrylic so it's washable for once!!

Oh! And -- Dpn's aren't as scary as they look, I've made a few (albeit beginner-ly) projects with them. People have compared it to wrestling with a squid, but I can assure you that it's not that hard. Once you get the hang of it, it's a cinch!

Count me in...after Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
Penguinofsorts

Crafts while studying.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004 01:02:30 PM »

me too!  me too!  But yes, it'll have to wait until after Christmas.  I've been twiddling with my dpns for a couple days, and I think I could manage an actual project on them now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This isn't Kansas, and I'm not wearing red shoes.
lilgothkatt
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004 08:53:07 AM »

I am so jumping in on this. I love that you wear them with a garter belt. MY BF says I should make an entire lingerie ensamble to match. I.E. Bra, panties, garter belt, and ther very tall socks! If I were skilled enough at knitting i totally would. something sexy yet warm and cuddly for those cold winter nights, eh girls? Cheesy
well, I'll be starting now, but inbetween my other things, so i'll probablly be done about the same time as you all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Knitastic
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004 10:23:08 AM »

_The Urban Knitter_ ( book) has a bra pattern that you could make as sexy as you like.  Also, White Lies Design (website) has sexy patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004 05:08:39 PM »

awsome! thanks for the info. I'll look into it ASAP. I think this sounds like such a great idea I will just have to do it. Not to sure about posting pictures though, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
wordie
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004 12:13:03 AM »

i'm definitely making these after xmas... i'll keep you posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhell
i'd rather be knitting....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004 12:17:49 AM »

i'm working on tempting right now.
and after that i'm working on a variation of cathode
and after that i will be knitting these socks.  i've never knitted socks before, are these good beginner socks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....like you're grandma's sewing machine on acid...
http://www.livejournal.com/users/i_hate_shoes
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004 03:37:05 AM »

knitty's 'sex and the knitty' issue has a garter belt, thong/undies, and bra i'm pretty sure, been a while since i looked but they have several things so maybe something you can work with.

i'd like to join, but yeah, in january!  i'm thinking of two tonal stripes... i guess i need to think about what to wear them with and then decide.

oh, i second (third?) the DPNs aren't difficult once you get going, i took up knitting again 8 years? ago when i wanted to knit socks, it all went ok!

what colors are all of you thinking of? and how will you wear them?  (i love the idea of them sticking out above knee boots)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
stitchgrrl
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004 08:46:44 AM »

what colors are all of you thinking of? and how will you wear them?  (i love the idea of them sticking out above knee boots)

Yeah, this was my problem when I went to buy the yarn this weekend.  All the colors were way too muted for my taste.  I don't do pastels or anything close to the brown family.  All the ones that didn't fall into those categories were very muted or didn't go with each other at all.  I finally settled on two shades of grey and two shades of purple, only to get home and find that Caron Sayelle doesn't quite meet the gauge requirements.  It's supposedly the same weight but my gauge was off by 2 stitches.  So keep that in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Comparison Between Ringflash and Rayflash
How to Take a Portrait Picture
How to Photograph with a Tilt Shift Lens
How to Photograph with Infrared
How to Shoot an Engagement Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...