A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftini: A New Cincinnati Crafting Event  (Read 2559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megandare

crafts + drinks = awesome!

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007 11:06:12 AM »

Hello All!!!

I am a new member of Craftster (long time fan, though). My friends and I have long been frustrated with the lack of fun and crafty things to do around Cincinnati. We have always talked about how fun it would be to have a crafty get-together where other like-minded crafty people could get together, craft, and have a few cocktails. This is what we've been doing for the past few years-- and it is always a good time. Sometimes our crafts don't turn out quite as spectacular as planned-- but a good time is always had!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff154/megandare/pink-craftini.jpg
(since this is my first post -- I wasn't allowed to post the image, dang it!)

What the heck is Craftini, you ask? Well hold on to your glue gun, Margaret! Here it is!!!

Craftini is an event that will be hosted by Mary Roco, Nikki Smart, and myself at the 20th Century Theater in Oakley Sunday, October 14, 2007 from 2-8pm.

For the past 3 years or so my buddies (mentioned above) and I began gathering at each other's homes to make crafts and have a few drinks. This became lots of fun for us, even though we aren't really skilled and pretty much just like gluing, painting, and mosaic tiling things while we drink. Over time we got so into it, a giant green "craft bin" was acquired for these ventures, which now gets dragged from house to house, and conveniently left behind for the host to deal with afterwards (HAHA, it's at Nikki's right now!). During these past few years, we've talked about, joked about, and now seem to have the balls (or should I say- tits?) to actually have an event like this open to the public.
Mary is very fortunate to have in-laws who own a gorgeous historic building where many events are hosted every week. They have graciously allowed us the opportunity to try our idea out, and we are VERY excited about it! We then came up with the name...Craftini! Perfect, huh?
So what's Craftini all about?
Craftini is geared toward anyone (21 and up) who enjoys making crafts, having a few drinks, snacking, socializing, and listening to music.
When people walk through the door, there will be 2 admission prices to choose from- for $15 a person can create and walk home with up to 6 crafty items, have access to the cash bar, will be able to snack on some delicious edibles, listen to music, and socialize. For $20 a person can do all of the above but also get 2 free drink tickets and a special Craftini apron to decorate and take home.
Craftini merchandise, featuring the awesome Craftini logo created by Kate Huthmaker, will be sold as well.
What crafty items will we be able to make? Here are the activities:
painting- paper Japanese lanterns, small clay pots, wood frames
mosaic tiling- small clay pots, wood frames
create your own- table with assorted craft items, use your imagination!
apron (included in $20 admission only)- decorate your own fabric Craftini apron
Doesn't this sound like so much fun? Don't you want to call your friends and family and invite them out for a lovely Sunday at the 20th Century Theater?
If this event is successful, we might be able to host more! Can you imagine? Holiday Craftini! We have so many ideas!
Spread the word! If this sounds like your cup of tea, for real, come out. It really will be a lot of fun.
CRAFTINI: SUNDAY OCTOBER 14, 2007 from 2-8pm at the 20th CENTURY THEATER, located at 3021 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007 07:00:57 AM by megandare » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessesgirl06
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007 06:09:20 AM »

hi!  i'm new to craftster and am loving what i'm finding.  this event sounds like fun.  is anyone going?  some friends and i are talking about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megandare

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007 08:42:53 AM »

You can now check out the Poster/Flyer for the Event on the 20th Century Theatre's Website!!!

If anyone is looking for more information on the event, please post here!

We are getting really excited about it, and I was hoping to get some feedback.

Just 15 days away!!! I hope that the Craftster community comes out to play!

http://www.the20thcenturytheatre.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megandare

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007 07:05:05 AM »

Alright-- no feedback? That's fine-- no need to be shy!

We are working every night on making this Sunday Fan-freakin'-tastic!!! The sample crafts are turning out even better than expected. We painted paper lanterns and made things old school girl scout style with colored pom poms, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners and tacky glue! Tonight we are going to paint the picture frames and put mosaic tiles on clay pots-- oh yes, and probably have a cocktail or two while we do it! That is just how we roll!

If you're not busy on Sunday-- stop on by! We are going to have a great time!!!

Here is the 20th Century Theatre's website poster for Craftini. Check it out!

http://www.the20thcenturytheatre.com/images/craftini_lg.gif
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007 07:06:54 AM by megandare » THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfeet

These are my feet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007 06:56:57 PM »

How did this event go?
I just found it...
Are you planning on doing another???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My beauty is not only on the surface. It goes down deep... layer after layer after layer. Yes, sir! My beauty is very thick.
I blog here:
http://shecancreate.wordpress.com/
midwestern-one
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007 11:46:20 PM »

I'm so disappointed that I just saw this. I'm new to Cincinnati and would loved to have come. How did it turn out? Will you do it again (I hope, I hope)? If you need help/volunteers to make it happen, I'd be willing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megandare

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007 01:27:21 PM »

First, I appreciate your interest in our humble crafting event. We had a great time! We had just enough people to break even on the cost of supplies-- and the Craftini drinks (kind of a cherry cosmo) were fantastic!!!

You can check out some of the photos from the day on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38487410@N00/sets/72157603117594588/

We would definitely be interested in putting together another one-- and we would love to have some input on what people would be interested in. We learned a lot from our first run-- we now know that we tried to plan too many crafts (the picture frames and paper lanterns seemed to be the biggest winners). We were, however, pleasantly surprised by the "Create your own craft" table. Just lay out some glitter glue, construction paper, pipe cleaners, colored pom-poms, feathers and tacky glue-- and there is no end to the creativity! The apron painting turned out pretty sweet, too.

I'll talk to Mary and Nikki and see how they feel about a second run and when it might happen. We were considering a pre-Christmas ornament painting,etc.-- but we are probably cutting it a little too close time-wise.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, we'd love to hear them. It's really just nice to know that there are other crafty people out there who are interested in our get-togethers!

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007 01:32:06 PM by megandare » THIS ROCKS   Logged
awesomejennyb
Jenny Bomb

I'm awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007 07:50:00 PM »

i'd be interested! and i love planning events i went to school for it! let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Soft Hair
How to Get Waves in Your Hair
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
How to Grow Out Your Hair
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...