A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for scrap white copy paper please!  (Read 696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jensven1017
« on: September 07, 2007 10:54:47 AM »

A while back at work we ran out of regular copy paper and so I just cut up a large stack of Legal size paper to letter size. So anyways, I didn't feel right just throwing away the cut off pieces but I don't know what to do with them. They're  8 1/2 X 3 inches and just your reg. copy paper. I have a Large stack of them. I do have a 3 year old little boy so I could maybe find something to do with him? Anyways, if you can think of anything please let me know.

Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why is it that I can no longer buy anything that has a slight chance I could make it myself? Even if I don't know how to make it, or it's cheaper to buy...I can no longer buy it because "I could make that myself".
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007 02:24:45 PM »

You can use them to practice origami or moneyfolding.  Measure a dollar bill and cut them to that size.  There are lots of websites that teach you origami and moneyfolding.

You can also cut them into smaller strips and weave them into something, like small baskets or place mats.

You could also let your son color on them and then make paper chains for your Christmas tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007 02:31:46 PM »

You could also draw random designs on them and fix them onto cardstock to make bookmarks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry_Chickentoes
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007 02:05:22 AM »

You could make little flip books, Christmas tags, little journals, flash cards, dye it and tear it up then make a collage, or tear it up and make more paper, but with a handmade look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will trade my ephemera scans for your ephemera scans - please PM me if you are interested!
antigone
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007 02:25:56 PM »

You could glue them together with pva and make a note pad. Maybe feed them through your printer first or stamp some cool designs on the pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

countrycarol
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007 01:47:52 AM »

There was something I heard years ago about putting scrap paper of any kind in a blender with so much water and white glue, then taking the paste it formed and putting a very thin layer on door screen, letting it dry...and bwala! new paper.  Anyone hear of this recipe?  Please let us know.  Thanks for bringing the old thought to mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just_lisa
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007 01:42:00 PM »

sounds just right for paper footballs. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007 07:02:42 AM »

Ahh, paper footballs  Wink

I recycled some printed on white paper for papier mache.  I found if you just use it over a form (like a cheap plastic pumpkin or skull), then you can paint it and make it look like one of those retro papier mache figures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Teleport Effect - Final Cut Pro
How to Remove Blemishes - Motion 3
How to Use 2 Keys to Key Footage - Shake 4
How to Understand Stroke Dynamics - Motion 3
How to Use Motion and Shake - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...