A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New PJ's for my little guy.  (Read 957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jen53207
« on: September 06, 2007 03:20:19 PM »

My first sewing project posted. I'm so proud of these.  Grin Up until now I've only made my son halloween costumes. This is the first clothing item I've made for him. I think they turned out pretty cute. I had to put the big block of fabric on the shirt to cover up all the little holes I made trying to applique the individual dinosaurs to the shirt. Big mistake. At least you can't see the holes anymore.

My Model.....

Finished PJ's....

Close-up of fabric.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
citizengeek
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007 04:01:52 PM »

YAY, a project for boys!

I like the cloth block on the front.  It's so hard to find logo free t-shirts for toddlers, so this approach would make it a lot easier to use a shirt with existing text as the top in a set.

Cool solution- and your fabric is fabulous.  Nice work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jen53207
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007 05:38:48 PM »

Thanks!

The shirts are from Michael's they were 2/$4 last week or maybe it was 2/$5. Either way really cheap. I bought 4 t-shirts and I have 3 other pairs of pants I just have to find a way to incorporate the pants fabric into the shirt to make it a real "set".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CeraMom
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007 06:10:26 PM »

The best part about sewing kids jammies is they don't CARE if its not what * you * intended... And they look good to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icemommy
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007 11:03:50 AM »

Thanks!

The shirts are from Michael's they were 2/$4 last week or maybe it was 2/$5. Either way really cheap. I bought 4 t-shirts and I have 3 other pairs of pants I just have to find a way to incorporate the pants fabric into the shirt to make it a real "set".

Maybe make it look like a faux patch placed diagonally sewn along the edges and thick decorative stitching perpendicular to the edge like this:

And it might be the angle of the pose but he looks like he has the smallest tush ever  Lips sealed

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ndc
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007 12:05:43 PM »

Congrats! I used to make footie pjs for my son when he was a lot younger. Yours look so very soft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mom, wife, daughter, sister, sew-er, knitter, dreamer, Buddhist, homeschooler, Ninja Cancer Ass-Kicker for my daughter (she has leukemia), reader, thinker, liberal, greenie, tree-hugger.

And so forth
jen53207
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007 12:10:31 PM »

Maybe make it look like a faux patch placed diagonally sewn along the edges and thick decorative stitching perpendicular to the edge like this:

And it might be the angle of the pose but he looks like he has the smallest tush ever  Lips sealed

Thanks for the idea about patchworking the little cut-outs. I had tried doing that before and using my machine and that's how I got the little holes in the shirt. I've still got 3 more shirts to do for with matching pants. I'll try sewing by hand and see if that makes a difference. And yes he is one tall skinny kid!  Cheesy He gets the tall from me but definitely not the skinny.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Saute Vegetables for Lumpia
How to Cook and Serve Lumpia
Make Sesame Chapati Bread Dough
How to Make Sesame Chapati Bread
Baking Sesame Chapati Bread
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...