A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Have A Disease Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 7762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amor_fati
Crafty Nerd for the masses

tasherajean.etsy.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007 09:54:25 PM »

it sure is a great outlook.  i had my ultrasound today, maybe next week i will be able to get treatment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.tasherajean.etsy.com

tasherajean.etsy.com
bohemian_felt
bohemian_felt

dont change for anyone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007 12:10:27 PM »

/begin rant
i just found out i have diabetes (type 2) and they can't treat me with medication because i have a liver infection. and to top off my wonderful week, i have polycystic ovary syndrome which means, no more kids.
pfff.
/end rant
big hug sweety and a HUUUUGGGEEE kiss from little ol me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Margrethe
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007 05:57:14 AM »

I'm just about to start my items, and right now when I got back from the craft store, there was a package to me on the stairs - the package from Bohemian_Felt, who must be the most considerate swap partner of all time.

She sent me:
A Hello Kitty-bathbomb
Relaxing eye mask
A purse for painkillers and a matching dream mask
Incense and incense holder
A lavender pillow for migraines
A notebook
A nail file
Two arm/wrist warmers
A phone charm

Pics!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007 01:03:44 PM by Margrethe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mercury-design.livejournal.com
MercuryDesign on Etsy

phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007 10:25:47 AM »

oh wow!!! thats a fabulous package!!

I love the dream mask Cheesy And Nag Champa is like the most awesome incense ever Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bohemian_felt
bohemian_felt

dont change for anyone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007 12:58:04 PM »

im glad you liked it sweety.
big kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007 05:52:31 PM »

A few people have mentioned PCOS.  A good friend of mine also suffers from PCOS.  On the down side, she's had a miscarriage and a stillbirth (she was devastated when she lost her little boy a few months ago) ... but on the up side, she has a lovely little girl who started kindergarten this year. Smiley  So PCOS doesn't automatically mean no kids, but it does mean a rocky road.

Anyway... I'm crafting away.  My partner and I are swapping a bunch of small items.  I have two ready to go and a few more in the pipeline.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

S is for Summer

Im a really slow knitter without magic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007 03:57:34 PM »

Pinokeeo is awesome.  She is SUPER awesome.  LOOK!  Shocked

Two cute notebooks covered with red vinyl - these are the perfect size to keep in my purse to jot things down so that I remember them, which I do a LOT, so these are extremely handy.  And it will be nice to have some cute ones instead of the plain one I've been using!

Okay, so THENNNNNN there was a cute handmade paper box with a dog on it, which opened to reveal a really pretty wooden necklace with the kanji for "turtle."  I love turtles, and Pinokeeo says that it's the healer in ancient languages - extremely cool and fitting!  I'm wearing this right now, actually.  I tried to get an action shot, but I just couldn't figure out how to today.

It's especially cool because the cord is adjustable; I just have to slide it along itself to shorten or lengthen the necklace.  It's a really nice touch. 

And THENNNNNN I pulled out a string of colorful wooden beads.  I'll admit, I cheated and read her note first, so I knew that they were meditation beads, which I've been wanting for ages.  I'm trying to get into meditation a little bit, to help lower stress and help me focus better.  It helps a lot to have something to focus <i>on</i>, though, especially something tangible, so I am really excited to get to try these out.  The beads are all wooden, and they're from all the places she's visited in her travels, which I love, because it makes them sort of have a life before.

AND AND AND because I am spoiled... she also sent me an audiobook, Sue Grafton's "A is for Alibi" which is awesome because I've been meaning to try Sue Grafton, a former coworker of mine loved her books, AND it's on audiobook, which is so, so, so nice.  I have a hard time reading sometimes, and sometimes switching from visual input to auditory seems to be enough of a change of pace that my brain makes it work better, so I'm an enormous fan of audiobooks.  I'm looking forward to reading this.  Smiley  AND a book of sudoku and other puzzles; the timing on this made me laugh, because I've spent the week doing online training for my new job, and I've been having a terrible time understanding some of it, and so have been thinking to myself that I need to find my long lost book of puzzles so that I can try to work on sharpening my cognitive stuff a little again.  The timing on this was perfect. Smiley  And last, but certainly not least, a very cuddly teddy bear, who I've not yet named but have already had a nap with.  (Known him two days and already I'm sleeping with him?  Oh dear!  That's okay, he's been a perfect gentleman.) 

See?  Pinokeeo is awesome, and I am spoiled.  Smiley  The timing on this couldn't have been better - thank you so much.  It's brightened up my whole week.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 04:15:49 PM by S is for Summer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007 05:45:40 PM »

You are very welcome.  Hopes it helps you get through the rough times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zkitten
GeekFreekQueenofClutz

i am z

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007 09:11:09 AM »

my wrists are warm!! the softness feels so nice right now!  Grin Grin

all together now!

a how to knit kit! (with some awesome yarn!), tea, hand dyed yarn, goldfishes (yum!), a kermit sleepy mask! and some super awesomely soft wrist warmers!  Grin

action shot

another action shot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://ChaoticlyCreative.com | http://ZKitten.Etsy.com
My Swap Info 

got my net back, trying to catch up on stuffs!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007 12:18:39 PM »

Great package!  Love the wrist warmers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Former Kindergarten Teacher Now Best-Selling Romance Novelist
To Be a Friend Is Fatal
Dear Musical Theater by Annie Choi
Love Him or Leave Him, but Don’t Get Stuck With the Tab
Wil Haygood Talks About The Butler
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...