A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's start a Halloween post, past and present costumes.  (Read 14189 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , halloween , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweetdandies
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007 08:31:28 PM »

All these kids in their costumes are soooo cute!! I can't wait to have kids so I can dress them up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade
www.sweetdandies.etsy.com

www.wists.com/sweetdandies
Ezri_B
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007 06:56:02 AM »

I made my son Larryboy one year, he was absolutely obsessed at that time, so there wasn't really much question on what he wanted to be

Here are all three of my boys from last year. The youngest is Fester Addams, I wish I had a picture of him with his light up lightbulb in his mouth.
My middle one is a Men In Black the next pic shows him with his "flashy thing" that really lit up.
My oldest was Luigi, can you tell it's cold where I live, they are all pretty bundled up and it was a warmer year.

Here's my middle one with his flashy thing. He had more fun with that.

This was a sort of failed attempt. My son wanted to be a zombie with an axe in his head, but the school wouldn't allow it, so last minute he decided he'd be a qtip for the school party.

This time my youngest was a garbage can. He looked like a normal garbage can and would just sit and wait, then popped up and scared the heck out of people.

Devil niece, Demon on the far right, garbage can in the middle, and zombie with an axe in his head

That's all of them that I have on my computer or already online.
When my youngest was a year he was a spider, and we'd get him to crawl around and all of his legs would move, that was quite cool.
My oldest was a working lightbulb once.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007 08:57:50 AM »

Great costumes!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007 09:18:11 AM by CraftyCarrie - Reason: Edited to remove link to my costumes. I didn't realize this was a kid costume thread. Thanks for the heads up Ezri B. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
Ezri_B
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007 09:08:56 AM »

Seeing as this area is for sewing kids clothing, I assumed that we would be sticking to kids or family themed/oriented costumes. I'm not trying to be a poo or anything, but there is a Halloween section for Halloween costumes. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007 10:16:31 AM by Ezri_B - Reason: I added family themed costumes as we would all love to see great homemade family costumes here too. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MahonAzul
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007 09:53:15 AM »

Oh my gosh!  This thread is full of  awww and cuteness overload.  Those children look so awesomely happy.  Oh to be a child again and have such awesome parents...  .:*sigh*:.

Why wasn't he allowed to wear an axe in school?  I mean, its fake! I dislike creative censorship. (._.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007 09:58:32 AM by MahonAzul » THIS ROCKS   Logged
holly1021
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007 12:44:12 PM »

Last year my toddler was Tinkerbell:

Still waiting for her to make up her mind on this year's costume--so far she's wanted to be a tiger, princess, kangaroo, or elephant. . .My sis says I should dress her and her little sis as white tigers, and DH and I could go as Siegfried and Roy.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007 03:20:57 PM »

Aw, she's adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
gannon
Those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person doing it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007 04:20:12 PM »

What a cutie she is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can read this, thank a teacher! 

Visit my blog :  http://clayplaycafe.blogspot.com
marvelous
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007 09:53:47 PM »

Love the Tinkerbell costume.  What a cutie!  Great job on the costume too.

This is probably the cheapest costume I'll ever do. 

Last October we had NO money.  I really enjoying doing costumes and was disappointed that I couldn't do much.  A coworker helped me come up with this cheap costume which was a hit. 

I spent $2 for 2 pairs of black socks from the dollar store.  DD had this outfit of a black top and pants which actually had white and pink cats on them, but I turned them inside out. I cut off the legs of a pair of support pantyhose which fit perfectly around her waist.  Using a piece of cardboard from a pizza box as a brace inside the support part of the pantyhose, I stuffed each sock with packing peanuts, threaded each one through the pantyhose and cardboard and voila, a spider!

DD as a spider.

Here she is throwing a fit on the floor, but you can see the arms a little better.

I wanted to thread the arms together so they would move when she did, but I ran out of time.  I think it would have bothered her anyway, but I was still pleased with the results.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007 09:55:16 PM by marvelous » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bethan

Brit transplant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007 07:31:03 AM »

This was two years ago, my son wanted to be a roll of foil.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Bake an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Cook with Vidalia Onion
Learn how to Grill Spicy Cajun Chicken
Learn how to Grill Smashed Potatoes
Learn how to Grill Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon and Garlic
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...