A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's start a Halloween post, past and present costumes.  (Read 13765 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , halloween , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whollymommy
« on: September 06, 2007 08:01:52 AM »

I haven't been here for a while as I am trying to get things back to normal sending three pumpkins to school and trying to keep the little one entertained while they are there. Anyways, I am looking for some ideas for Halloween and I thought it might be a good idea to share. We are really into POTC around here so that has been the theme for Halloween for the last 2 years. My costume was store bought because, as usual I did not have time to create anything for myself. Anyways, I hope you have the time to share.

G.
The characters my costumes where based on.

My little Will Turner, even though he claims he is THE Jack Sparrow!

Elizabeth Swann, who told me this year she will have nothing to do with pirates, and Will Turner.

And last but not least my Jack Sparrow and me(don't laugh). My husband really got into this role and won a few Halloween costume contests.

Removed since, in all fairness this is a sewing for kids forum but you can see it in my avatar.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007 07:53:12 AM by whollymommy - Reason: removed pic. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
catinthehat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007 08:35:54 AM »

That is awesome handiwork!!!! Smiley I would think they would all win contests! Absolutely perfect! And that is one awesome Jack Sparrow! LOL! Cheesy

My little girls have no clue what they wanna be Sad I want them to be Rainbow brite, Strawberry Shortcake Smiley or we could all be smurfs Smiley I want to be a my little pony and dh wants to be a thunder cat! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DorkyGemo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007 08:41:16 AM »

Excellent job! They look perfect  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dakarimom5
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007 08:52:11 AM »

Your costumes are awesome.

Now everyone else need to post costumes to give me some ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whollymommy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007 08:56:16 AM »

The smurfs idea would be awsome. But I am too tall to be a smurfette. And I dont know if my husband would go for that anymore, even though while we where dating I conviced him to be Buckwheat of the Little Rascals but everyone though he was a troll. LOL!

G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007 11:04:15 AM »

I handcrafted a strawberry shortcake costume for my daughter about five years ago (it helped that she has curly red hair), complete with custard the cat in a basket and the poofy hat. That same year I created a teenaged mutant ninja turtle costume for my son complete with padded felt shell, nunchuks (he was Michaelangelo), 'turtle hand' gloves and the face mask.

I heart the eighties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calicokitty
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007 01:31:36 PM »

Last year dds were Winnie the Pooh & Piglet.  DH was Christopher Robin.  Given that the only female in WtP is Kanga & I REALLY didn't want to dress up as an animal much less a kangaroo, I was Tinkerbell.

This year dds are going to be Wicket & Ewok village Leia.  DH & I are going to be Han Solo & Death Star Leia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
techni_moments
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Chronic Craftubater =)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007 03:19:02 PM »

ahh, I love little kid halloween costumes. I need some ideas for this year.. College is like, the Halloween big leagues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We pencil-sketch our previous life so we can contrast it to the technicolor of the moment"
sews4kate
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007 06:36:58 PM »

For the last two years my dd was Minnie Mouse.  I got the fabric on Ebay and used a Simplicity Daisy Kingdom pattern.  The ears were from the Disney store.  I loved this dress, she wants to wear it this year too, but sadly it no longer fits!  Here is a picture from last year, as you can see it is a little bit tight, but we made it fit for a second time Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wendy

Check out my Etsy shop for Ribbon Sculpture, Creative Hair Bows, and More!!
http://punkynmunky.etsy.com
rachieann55
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007 08:26:29 PM »

Last year i didnt have time to make anything for myself. but i made my daughter a lamb.

and i made my brothers costume he was a dragon/dinosaur

and the lion i made my little brother the year before last:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Eye Colorization
Photoshop Selective Colorization NewDarkRoom
How to make hair selection in Photoshop
A Funeral for Blue Eye
Filming and Editing Tech Videos
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...