A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 09/06/07 - Tidied up the rules about sending people to your blog  (Read 36262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IamSusie
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009 11:24:46 AM »

I'm not a mod, but generally what people do here is put a link to their blog or website onto their signature line. This is the area where you have put out your plea to share sewing techniques with someone who is knowledgeable about graphic design.

I don't really understand the problem you are having posting pictures.. You can upload them to the craftster picture hosting services, but if you already own a web domain, you can cut-and-paste the web address (right click on the image and "copy image address") and put it onto your post. After you've put on the URL, you highlight it and then click the "insert image" button (the one that looks like a picture frame)

What I do is I upload all my photos to Flickr, which is a social networking site of it's own and then use those uploaded images on my blog or here at Craftster.

You do have to sort of have the idea that what you are doing here at Craftster is sharing the things you make so that they are seen, and not really specifically trying to create business for yourself or blog and web traffic.

I can't read the writing on your avatar anyway.  Plenty of Craftsters use their etsy or other logos as their avatar, so it is unlikely that anyone will fault you for that.

Good luck with your new blog!  It can take awhile to get used to all the ways you load up photos and format things and all that if you are new at it.

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009 11:29:25 AM by IamSusie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009 10:17:46 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. The writing on my avatar is my name the date it was made. I put it on because the other air dancer makers will copy the picture and put it on thier websites.( It's called a watermark)
The problem I had posting pictures was figuring out that you had to click it into the TEXT BOX, not some other little box I was thinking was there. After trying everything else, I got it. I am sort of new to learning computer skills, and the only experiences I had so far were the type of forms which provided a separate box just for the pictures, like the way e-mail works. None of the instructions I read specified you had to keep the curser in the description box. Maybe to learned users it was stating the obvious!LOL!
But, I do appreciate you taking the time to write a response. In one post an individual put up a picture and asked "What do you think I should call this... ?" But I thought the individual was trying to be cleaver when she mentioned it was for a craft fair. I thought she might as well have said, If you want it, I'll sell it to you now" But , being a newbie , I didn't want to take the responsibility to speak up. I guess I sort of hate confrontations. Still, It is an awsome thing to have a forum of this type, and if there were not rules, it would lose the unique quality of being a place to learn and share inspiration. Thanks, Karen
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009 10:23:11 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009 07:50:23 AM »

Sometimes when people put up pictures and ask "What should I call this" they might be asking for someone to buy it, but I take things at face value and I just think they really are stumped for a name, or really do need craft fair advice.  Cheesy  I think that is the way the Mods look at it too.

When you post projects here at Craftster, we just want to celebrate what you make and also probably find out how you did it.  Most people here are very open about techniques.  I sell little felt embroideries and crochet flowers, but I never really think of fellow Craftsters as customers, because I assume they already can make things like that themselves and I'm not reinventing the wheel or anything.  My customers are people who cannot wrap their mind around crochet and never want to learn how to embroider.  Wink

Do not be shy asking questions about how to post images or format posts.  Everyone has a learning curve.  I remember when it was all new to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an action in Photoshop Part 1/2
Post-processing Digital Photos
How to Create Cool Banners in Gimp
How to Create A Map in Photoshop
How to Make a Twitter Logo in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...