A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting Needles Case  (Read 3177 times)
Tags for this thread: needle_holder , paisley  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

multicrafty
« on: September 05, 2007 02:29:16 PM »

I made this case for a Flickr friend of mine.  She always sends me nice fabric, cute buttons, and other what nots and our last swap we did she made little barettes for my girls.

Well, such as myself, she loves to knit (amongst other crafty endeavors) so I made a knitting needle case as a surprise for her.  I told her she was getting something and to keep an eye out for her mail but I didn't give one clue as to what is was going to be.

Both the fabrics our from Walmart and I'm  Angry because the paisley print one is out of stock.  (Or at least I haven't seen it at mine).

Here is the case all rolled up with a little fabric flower for embellishment.

Then showing the case opened up with the flap covering so needles don't fall out all over the place.

Opened up all the way to show it holds both long and short needles, gauge guy, stitch holder, circulars and DPNs are placed towards the bottom.

Then it even has a place for stitch markers.  The stitch markers shown are ones that I made that I'm also giving her because she loves to knit hats.  So I made one stitch marker different from the rest to show where your round begins.

I'm almost tempted to keep it for myself but it's better to give than to receive.  I think she'll like it.  Grin

Thanks for looking!

ETA:  Sorry, forgot to mention that I didn't really go by any exact pattern.  I just browsed for a case and took bits and pieces from a few that I've seen and based this one from others.  (Thank you all you Craftsters for making nice needle cases, it really helped me out!   Kiss )
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007 02:32:09 PM by multicrafty - Reason: Needed to add some information » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dazee
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007 02:35:55 PM »

thats very nice. I need to make something like that for my crochet hooks.

Some walmarts let you request fabric. You should take a scrap in and ask the manager of the craft department.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Blessed and Free
www.dazeesworld.com
Kpuppy
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007 03:37:58 PM »

that is awesome. It is very well made, and so functional for a knitter! She is going to love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007 04:10:52 PM »

wow! that's probably one of the best, if not THE best, knitting rolls i've seen to date! Smiley i need one for my crochet hooks but have no access to a sewing machine  Cry

but good job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
multicrafty
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007 05:22:23 PM »

Thank you everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennaPoo

My baby, 13 months old

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007 08:55:05 PM »

That is very nice, and well thought out.  I love how you have a place for the stitch markers and you included ones to give her as well.  I absolutly love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfglrygrl
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007 06:11:14 AM »

That's so beautiful and thoughtful. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grahairedoldlady
Grahairedoldlady

Believe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007 06:51:28 AM »

Nice job and well thought out.  I will have to come back to this as I need to make one for myself. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate is womens reward for putting up with men.
multicrafty
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007 07:15:37 AM »

Thank you everyone for the very nice comments.

Some walmarts let you request fabric. You should take a scrap in and ask the manager of the craft department.

Shocked I didn't know that.  hhmmm, I'll have to see if they still have it.  Thanks for letting me know!

Nice job and well thought out.  I will have to come back to this as I need to make one for myself. 

I'm actually making another one (right now as we speak, just needed a little break) that I'm doing a tutorial for to put up on my blog (hopefully by tomorrow, depends if my girls let me have some quiet focus time  Wink ).  If you need help with it just let me know.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007 01:02:27 PM »

this is beautiful!  and i love how you have different sections for the different types of needles!

i was actually wondering (b/c I was hoping to make one for a friend) -- what height are each of the three sections?  i don't have many knitting needles to measure with (the few i have are trapped in beginner projects that never end!)  and i'd like to be able to make one with all three sections, but i don't know how tall to make them!

if you could let me know here, in PM, or add it to your blog tute, i'd be much obliged!

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Beauty Gadgets Perfect For Holiday Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...