A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 23376 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Michele1620
JP Knitting Lady!

Love me, love my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2007 02:58:47 PM »

Has anyone used short row shaping for the bust? I'm a DD and think it's about time I learn! Can anyone help me with this?

Big Girl KNits has an excellent tutorial/formula for this. I tried it on the Wicked (which is top-down), and it worked! I believe I did my short rows over 20 sts on that one, and wrapped 6 sts total. I was kind of doing it *blind*, though...hehe.

Thank you for the suggestion...I think I might need to get that book. I hate having boobs  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[[rottenapple]]

eat of the apple so young...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2007 07:47:54 PM »

How is everyone doing on their Juliet's?  I'm about half way through the garter stich section (I frogged once and went 2 sizes because I thought it was going to end up being way too big!). 

I am hoping to finish the whole thing this weekend.  I don't have to work on monday, but I do have quite a bit of homework and lesson planning to do (and cleaning and laundry!), so I don't know if it will definitely get completed or not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what i see is unreal
   i've written my own part
                         eat of the apple so young
           i'm crawling back to start...

website/blogging attempt: http://web.mac.com/scienceandlyrics
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2007 10:51:01 PM »

I am almost done with the raglan increases. However, somewhere along the way, I dropped a stitch where the increases are, and as a result, it looks a little shoddy because I just have no idea how to pick those stitches up.

I am making mine in Lion Brand Wool Ease, but I consider this one my "rough draft." I'm going to make a 3/4-sleeved one with Knit Pick's Decadence (which is on sale!) The yarn is coming in the mail Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
[[rottenapple]]

eat of the apple so young...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2007 12:33:42 PM »

I just finished binding off my sleeves... I tried it on and it seems like it might be a tad too big still.  I'm not sure what I want to do.  I've already frogged once and gone down two sizes, I'm not sure if I want to frog again after I've already completed 50 rows!

I think I'm going to just keep going and consider this my "rough draft."  I'm using lion brand jiffy, which is pretty cheap, and I think it will come out wearable just not very fitted.  I really like the pattern though, so I might buy some nicer yarn and make a second one with 3/4 length sleeves (I think sleeves would be cute and add a little extra warmth for the upcoming new england winter!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what i see is unreal
   i've written my own part
                         eat of the apple so young
           i'm crawling back to start...

website/blogging attempt: http://web.mac.com/scienceandlyrics
knittheory
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2007 01:54:58 PM »

My camera's back from its repairs AND I think I'm allowed to post photos on here now, so yay!!  Here's my Juliet progress...

It's been slow cause I'm working on Salina from Rowan Vintage Style right now as well, but I'm planning on working some on this tomorrow and hopefully finishing before next weekend.  I'm so glad I frogged and went down a size, this fits so much better than before!

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to find cute buttons?  The craft stores near me seem to have loads of cute, smaller ones but not a great selection of larger buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dianaj
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2007 02:27:35 PM »

Well, I thought I was going to post my first picture, then I find out you have to post 10x before you are allowed to post a picture.  I've been lurking a long time & never heard that rule mentioned before---Oh well!  Here's a link to my Juliet- 

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/IMG_2629cR.jpg[/img][/url]

I added a few extra repeats of lace.  It's a little bigger than I would like but I think I will still wear it.  This was such a fast, fun knit.  Now I just need to find the right buttons.

Love your green juliet, knittheory!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DAME EMMA

Feel the fear and do it anyway

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2007 03:30:32 PM »

Got my yarn! I am going to take a crack at this in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed. Stay tuned for progress pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2007 04:17:11 PM »

dianaj, it looks awesome and so cozy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
droopymcccool

I love llamas!!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2007 10:27:00 PM »

This was a birthday knit for my 7 year old.  I used Cottonease in Orangeade.  Used pins instead of buttons so she can change them anytime she want to.  She rocked the top at school on Friday!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8skeinsofdanger/1497860453/

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007 10:51:39 PM by droopymcccool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dianaj
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2007 09:04:00 AM »

droopymcccool-those button/pins are so cute!   Do you recall how many you cast on for your daughter's sweater?   I would like to make another one for my neice.  Also did you add a few extra front edging stitches?  Yours seems to lay flatter.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Tricks For Curling Your Lashes
Birchbox Shows You How to Avoid Sunburn
Miranda Mendoza: Copy the Cover Challenge
Megan Moore: Copy the Cover Challenge
Alyssa Wallace: Copy the Cover Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...