A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 23345 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaintedButterfly
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2007 12:20:14 PM »

That pattern is incredibly cute.  When I get the chance I will have to buy it and join in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michele1620
JP Knitting Lady!

Love me, love my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2007 04:31:18 PM »

Has anyone used short row shaping for the bust? I'm a DD and think it's about time I learn! Can anyone help me with this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleknitter
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2007 08:37:53 PM »

Has anyone used short row shaping for the bust? I'm a DD and think it's about time I learn! Can anyone help me with this?

sadly, I will never have that problem Smiley, but maybe this will help: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATbonnetric.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DAME EMMA

Feel the fear and do it anyway

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2007 11:37:49 AM »

What do you all think of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky for this? I found a great price on it, but the "official gauge" is 12 st on size 11s.
Think I could get gauge on 10.5s? 10s? or would my garment be bulletproof?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittheory
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2007 11:58:57 AM »

What do you all think of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky for this? I found a great price on it, but the "official gauge" is 12 st on size 11s.
Think I could get gauge on 10.5s? 10s? or would my garment be bulletproof?

That doesn't sound too far off, to me, from the Juliet gauge of 14 sts/4".  I bet you could totally get it using 10's, and I doubt the change of 2 stitches per 4" would make too drastic of a difference in the fabric - I like things knitted slightly on the tighter side myself, and it would help to make the whole garter stitch portion tighten up a bit and not be so overwhelmingly stretchy.  I'd say go for it!  It'd be so cute all tweedy  Cheesy

I'm kinda at a standstill on mine... I've done three lace repeats, and it's not near as long as I want it - I really hate short sweaters, I want it almost to the hips.  Right now it's just feeling like I'll be knitting that lace repeat forrrevvvverrrrrr.  Plus my camera is out of commission so I can't take any progress pics anyway  Undecided  I'm hoping it'll all come together in the next couple weeks cause I want to wear this someday and show it off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eloiseadelaide
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2007 01:52:48 PM »

Has anyone thought about adding sleeves to this pattern...? 

I think it would be pretty straightforward, what do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

eloise adelaide

eloise.etsy.com
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2007 01:52:50 AM »

Jumping in! I'm going to double-strand Lion Brand Wool Ease and make the longer one.

Eloiseadelaide, I think to add sleeves, instead of binding them off, put them on scrap yarn for later, and then go back and either knit them flat or in the round. (I've been very into top-down raglans lately, and this is what most of the Fitted Knits patterns would have you do, I think.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
[[rottenapple]]

eat of the apple so young...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2007 08:20:10 PM »

I just started Juliet tonight...  I have a very large chest (measures at 57") so I decided to make the largest size.  16 rows in I remembered that when I made their Rusted Root sweater the largest size was too big... I guess I'll wait until I'm down with the arms and then try it on and see how it fits... I really hope I don't have to frog...

I am using Lion Brand Jiffy in Blush (a pretty pale pink).  I'll try to post some pictures once I have more finished.  Has anyone made this in one of the larger sizes?  I'd love to see a pic of how it turned out!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007 08:53:55 PM by [[rottenapple]] » THIS ROCKS   Logged

what i see is unreal
   i've written my own part
                         eat of the apple so young
           i'm crawling back to start...

website/blogging attempt: http://web.mac.com/scienceandlyrics
knittinpsychnurse
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2007 11:32:39 AM »

I have the pattern, but haven't started it yet. Today I was at Macy's and there was a sweater almost just like it hanging up there.  The Zephyr girls are always making the good stuff, I wanted to tell the lady at Macy's hey I can make that, (so I could sound like my grandma)! Now I just have to get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missknitty
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2007 03:46:10 AM »

Big Girl KNits has an excellent tutorial/formula for this. I tried it on the Wicked (which is top-down), and it worked! I believe I did my short rows over 20 sts on that one, and wrapped 6 sts total. I was kind of doing it *blind*, though...hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Nation The New Provocateurs: Artists
3 Ways to Wear Pleats
How to Pull Off That Tricky Statement Skirt
Trend Takeout: Fall Party Dressing
Trend Takeout: Fall Mini Skirts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...