A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 23312 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abril
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2008 08:01:55 PM »

Thanks Krafty_Kelly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirelamb
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2008 01:51:46 PM »

I'm going to start my Juliet soon. I swatched out my yarn today, Valley Yarns Sugarloaf, and got 15 and half sts in 4" on size 10.5 needles. Is that close enough to the 14 sts/4" required by the pattern that I can go ahead, or should I try and get it closer? And would I go up a needle size or down? I've never had my gauge be off before so I'm not experienced with this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2008 05:51:13 AM »

This sweater knits up big!  Thats the opinion of most people anyway.

To get the right guage you'd need to go up a needle size, but since your gauge is smaller you might be okay.  It would really depend upon the look you are going for.

Also many people found the skirt on this too flared and ended up doing a different size for the skirt than the bodice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirelamb
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2008 08:26:25 AM »

Thanks. I'll try going up a size. I had read it fits big so I was going to make one size smaller than I normally wear anyways. As far as making a different size skirt, did most people make the skirt just one size smaller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2008 04:02:54 AM »

Yes.  Alot of people complained that the skirt was too flared and looked maternity like.  I knit the large up top, and the medium for the skirt.  Its still quite flared too.  I can't imagine doing a large and large. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juicyknits
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2008 03:21:16 AM »

If you find Juliet somewhat too flared, check out this: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=94&d_id=5&lang=en. I'm doing a mix between the two, since I've chosen a lighter yarn than Zephyrstyle suggests. But I really like their idea of the buttons and this gap at the front. it does look cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2008 08:00:59 AM »

The lower part can be knit on needles smaller than the top. I've done that for a lace bottom edge because the lace comes out at a larger gauge than stockinette; that's why the flare out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
yorkshirelamb
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2008 08:36:46 PM »

I'm about to begin the lace section and I am having so many issues setting up for the lace. I started the small but did a few extra increase rows to make the arms fit more comfortably--they say you can do this in the pattern, but I can't figure out my new math! I have 124 sts on my needles, and I need to get to 173 (following size small for the lace). I've never had to tweak a pattern like this and I don't understand how to calculate for it. I need to know how many reps of the K4, K1f,b,f&b, but also what sts I am doing at the beginning and end before my repeats--since each size has some different configuration of K1's and Kf&b's I don't know which one I should use as model and how those will even effect how it looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beef Jerky
How to Make Cajun Red Beans and Rice
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
How To Make Eggs over Easy
Brining a Turkey for Thaknsgiving
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...