A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 60819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MidnightGds
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2011 10:24:04 AM »

I just started a new journal. It's home to my creative writing. In this journal I have information for my personal enjoyment and to use as a memory bank so to speak. I also have things in there for when I suffer from writer's block..(which is usually when both of my Muses decide to take a vacation for a long period of time.. it's been a few months now, they can come back any time!) I pull out my writer's journal and look through it for idea's. I have story idea's written in there, scene descriptions, etc.. I also have a list of male and female name that I absolutely love. I have the cast of all of my favorite shows written down for when I feel the urge to scribble a fan fic or two. I also have a large Valentine heart candy box that is home to a large amount of pictures that I've cut out of magazines or printed off the web. I've pulled a pic or two out of the box, taped them into my journal and jotted down a story from the pics.

~ Midnight
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2011 01:36:27 PM »

Thanks for the idea about stories from pictures. My boyfriend has asked me to help him with inspiration for stories - at the moment I have a bowl in the house, and I write prompts on slips of paper in there for him, I'll start looking out for pictures to add too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MidnightGds
« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2011 06:09:33 PM »

Keeping a writer's journal will help him out alot. I have 3 3 subject composition notebooks taped together. He will be able to use it to come up with idea's and it's great when you have writer's block. I use mine alot. I have written down dreams that have turned into short stories. I carry a small notebook with me and jot down random idea's, then transfer them to my notebook with more details added to them. I have divider tabs that I use to keep track of my writing notes, etc. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cranbeary
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2011 05:12:42 PM »

Wow! The pages and ideas that everyone shared in this thread are amazing! I started reading this thread last night during a few spare minutes before bed and then laid awake all night thinking about starting a journal. So after I got off work tonight, I picked up two new notebooks (which made my husband roll his eyes because I adore notebooks, but I never seem to use all the pages) and then finished reading the rest of this thread.

So I'm going to set a goal for myself to fill a notebook instead of only use the first couple pages. It will be gratifying to see something I start get finished (because not finishing what I start is another one of my flaws) and also save some trees! I also love writing but haven't really been inspired to do so lately. When I was a teenager I wanted to become an author so maybe doing some journaling will get my creative juices flowing and I'll be able to write a book, even if only for myself. Smiley

I know this thread is pretty old so some of the people who posted here previously might not be around, but I was curious to know what everyone writes on their weather pages. I remember one person had posted a picture of their weather page with each day's date in a design and what the weather was like. For the people who have weather pages, do you write the weather every day? What do your pages look like?

I also really like the ideas of keeping multiple journals at once. I'm pretty obsessive compulsive about things and I really hate mixing different project notes in the same notebook. I would never be able to find anything. But before I branch out into more books, I'm going to finish one journal. Maybe what I need is to do the exact opposite of what drives me crazy simply to break myself out of the habit. Journals shouldn't be about sticking to OCD rules!

I did have an idea for my journal based on a few of the early posts. I'm going to number all the pages in my journal and the last two pages in the back will be reserved for my index. Whenever I start a new page, I'll list it in the back and write the number I wrote it on. So the next time I want to add onto that list, I can see what page it starts on. And then when that page is full, I'll start it on another page and add that page number into the index entry for that topic.

Gift journals sound like such a sweet gift. I really wish my husband liked reading, I would love to make one for him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MidnightGds
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2011 05:52:38 PM »

I ended up seperating the writing from the real life journal. My writing was getting lost within the realities of life as I found myself not writing as much as I used to. I don't get intimidated by empty pages the empty pages just make me want to write more. Smiley CRANBERRY: Have a blast with your new journals!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011 05:53:40 PM by MidnightGds » THIS ROCKS   Logged
little_red_pixi

Life is what you make it!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2011 12:58:02 AM »

I was forever getting annoyed with not having some sort of "organized" system for my journal. Being a Capricorn I have a way of organizing EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. So i have started using a 3 ring binder and creating individual pages as i go along, some are hand written some are art pages some a computer typed, there are pages that have been copied from books just because I liked them and things like that. The best part about it is each page can be rearranged to suit my "organization mood of the moment" (as my partner calls it...lol) I have a large envelope at the back of the folder for secret stuff and a clear pocket for things that I am not overly proud of and don't really want to add them to the folder, but they are there anyway. I have found so many good ideas just from this discussion alone and I will post pics when I get a free moment.

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas i will have plenty to journal about for many weeks to come.

Smiley

Forgot to mention that i actually printed this whole thread just so I always have access to it for ideas ( Thats right all 136 pages...lol but i printed 4 per page double sided and used my new laser printer so it was rather quick.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011 01:14:00 AM by little_red_pixi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish!
little_red_pixi

Life is what you make it!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2011 08:41:41 PM »

I have found a cute little blog that has printable journaling pages they are fantastic especially if you don't know what to journal about. Check it out: http://www.graceisoverrated.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish!
shanta.devi
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2011 02:04:16 PM »

Thanks, little_red_pixi for the journaling pages link -- I downloaded all of them!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2011 11:32:32 PM »

I love craftster. It's a treasure box just waiting for me to find it's beautiful little pearls like THIS discussion thread. I have only just begun to read the entries but I'm already awed and inspired, as always.
   I'm an avid journal-er (is that even a WORD? lol Journalist? Yes, that's better.) But I'm strictly a writer, no drawing cuz I simply SUCK at it  Roll Eyes I write EVERYTHING down in a journal. In fact, I have two separate journals at the moment; one for everyday use and one exclusively for THIS website, for my craft swaps and ideas for them. Mostly I write about story ideas and dialogue I have that pop into my head or I journal about my day, good, bad or indifferent. It's such a pleasure to write my thoughts down and then choose whether or not others see it. I also find great relief in being able to cross out tactless phrases and rewrite them more nicely. With speaking, it's not so easy to do that -.-UU
   My advice to anybody who wants to start journaling is to start a pinterest.com account for inspiration. Seriously. It allows you to categorize things that you like nicely into as many or as little boards as you want and as you look at other people's pins, you'll find other things that you like/dislike. It's easy to edit and rearrange and you'll always have an endless supply of ideas and inspiration right at your fingertips. (Maybe I'm just crazy for saying this but...all well ^^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: October 02, 2011 11:54:11 AM »

I love craftster. It's a treasure box just waiting for me to find it's beautiful little pearls like THIS discussion thread. I have only just begun to read the entries but I'm already awed and inspired, as always.
   I'm an avid journal-er (is that even a WORD? lol Journalist? Yes, that's better.) But I'm strictly a writer, no drawing cuz I simply SUCK at it  Roll Eyes I write EVERYTHING down in a journal. In fact, I have two separate journals at the moment; one for everyday use and one exclusively for THIS website, for my craft swaps and ideas for them. Mostly I write about story ideas and dialogue I have that pop into my head or I journal about my day, good, bad or indifferent. It's such a pleasure to write my thoughts down and then choose whether or not others see it. I also find great relief in being able to cross out tactless phrases and rewrite them more nicely. With speaking, it's not so easy to do that -.-UU
   My advice to anybody who wants to start journaling is to start a pinterest.com account for inspiration. Seriously. It allows you to categorize things that you like nicely into as many or as little boards as you want and as you look at other people's pins, you'll find other things that you like/dislike. It's easy to edit and rearrange and you'll always have an endless supply of ideas and inspiration right at your fingertips. (Maybe I'm just crazy for saying this but...all well ^^)
I just found that Pinterest.com site! It looks absolutely FABULOUS! It's kinda like Twitter but trackable -- you know how Twitter stuff just "disappears" after linking back a million times? I dislike that.

I'm a lazy journalist -- I have a personal diary, a dream diary, a crafty-inspiration journal, a design sketchbook{for clothing/characters/Sailormoon Otaku Characters}, a drawing journal/sketchbook {I have SEVERAL THOUSAND sketchbooks...LOL}, a inspiration journal/diary/collection of random bits of fabric/paper/ads/pictures I love.... But I don't really upkeep any of them - maybe because I have so many? LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Strategist Improves Creative Career Skills
How to Improve a Business Strategy Presentation
Reconstructing the Japanese Farmhouse Minka
What It Means to Lead in Innovation Consulting Job
Exhibit Tour: Prada and Schiaparelli at The Met
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...