A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 64773 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Singalala

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2009 07:13:20 AM »

I love this thread!  Cheesy

I draw a lot in journals and collage a lot in them.... I will upload a few pages of mine. It is really inspirational to see others peoples journals, so maybe I will use some techniques that I saw here and include them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been seriously ill. I will get back to everyone to finish up all swaps and stuff. I am home now.

My wists http://www.wists.com/singalala

Junk jewelry swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322611.0
Ongoing ATC swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322889
Singalala

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2009 04:55:02 AM »

Here are a few pages of my new journal.

I am not suicidal or anything. Just frustrated at the time! Cheesy Just simple cut out letters and a chainsaw with blue and red splatters of acrylic paint. The text is Dutch and kinda means: "destroy it and make a new one", at least that is what I meant with it, it is a saying that can be interpreted in many ways.

The following page was much sweeter. It is how to change things, with felt-tips and acrylics

Another unhappy one, with markers and acrylics. I guess it freed me of my Pollock period  Wink

I find it easier to journal about shitty things, it really releaves my stress and anger.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009 05:09:45 AM by Singalala » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been seriously ill. I will get back to everyone to finish up all swaps and stuff. I am home now.

My wists http://www.wists.com/singalala

Junk jewelry swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322611.0
Ongoing ATC swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322889
EssHaych
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2009 12:45:13 PM »

I love everyone's journals! Grin
I'm inspired to start my own now after reading all 29 pages of this thread lol!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop: www.esshaych.etsy.com
Blog: www.esshaych.blogspot.com
Wist: www.wists.com/EssHaych

SWAPS!
Little Visitor Round 12
Post Secrets 12

I've started collecting Postcards! If you would like to trade PM me! <3 Thankies!
Juliska
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2009 08:18:32 AM »

I was writing journals since several years, but it was not visual (besides one or two scribbles now and then), only writing down my thoughts - after discovering crafrster and this thread (your pages are so original and beautiful!!) started a visual journal, too... However, some years ago I wrote down the whole alphabet from a to z and tried to find a word for every letter [e.g. A would be Anatomy now, because I had a difficult test on anatomy] - some weeks ago a found this list and it was so interessting to see, which names and things were important to me at this time - so I did the same thing again and the plan is to do this every once in a while to see how things in my life are changing - maybe this little idea inspires you, too!
I will post some pics when I manage to complete a page (it's always work in progress) AND to take pictures AND learn how to post them (although I visited craftster since several month, I registered only some days ago)

oh, and by the way: please excuse my English, it's not my first language   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2009 04:26:00 PM »

I seriously think I was drawn to the papercrafting thread for a reason...not to go all "woo woo" but I just got some journaling books and read them seriously last night. I journaled from 11 to 20 quite seriously, (had 7 volumes) and then my ex read them all one day when I was at work. I felt so violated (sorry to sound dramatic) and have had serious issues trying to start again...I am really inspired by this thread!

It seems funny to even post this as I usually don't post like this here..been on craftster three years and just started posting this summer Smiley Maybe I am growing up! At 36 one hopes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiwipuppyluv

You MADE that??? HOLY SWEETNESS!!!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2009 10:55:46 AM »

I'm not sure everything that has been posted here (I got through about half, and love EVERYTHING posted so far).

I like to keep a few journal type books at a time, and use them for different things. My favorite one is my poetry one. I will not allow myself to write much more than poetry (though I loosely define poetry) in it. Some sketches that are relevant are allowed. The biggest part of the poetry journal is that is should fit in an average sized purse, so I can carry it everywhere. I try to write some type of poetry every day, even if it is just an interesting sentence that flows off my tongue well. The best part about it being small, is that I can't really write stories in it anyway, and it doesn't intimidate me as much. My poetry journal is my most private, as it is almost like a diary...I don't censor anything.

Another one, is a creative writing one. This one is used less often, and more often when I'm traveling. It has more sketches and stories and character ideas. When I see someone at a store, I'll jot down a character idea for them. I also write down interesting conversations I overhear. This kind of journal (for me) also tends to get a lot of junk in it, as it is a normal school type spiral notebook or a composition book. My friends will write in it or I'll just draw shapes when I'm bored. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Then I have my *sigh* "normal" journal...like a diary. I rarely ever use it unless I want to document more ordinary things. BORING.

One that I have tried in the past is one where I only use journal "starters" (like what is something you remember from childhood, or what makes you mad) and glue/tape in things I find. Here are some pictures of it.

The front was blank for awhile and it bugged me. Then I purchased a pair of "Personal Identity" jeans and used the tag for the front. I felt it perfectly explained a journal.

Here's the back.

I put a lot of quotes I like. Also, here's a list of things I was afraid of at the time (some I still am)

Something I got at a parade.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=302855&ppuser=150615

Sorry that I'm being a space-hog!  Wink

I've had problems with glued pages sticking together...any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009 10:57:34 AM by kiwipuppyluv » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kiwi
CielleRavyncatt
« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2009 06:27:01 PM »

I've loved looking at all the journals and ideas on here! It really inspired me to start my own. I just need to take some pics of it then they'll be on here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2009 04:36:28 PM »

Wow, I've spent my evening reading pages 1-29. There are some brilliant journal examples, prompts for pages & links here, and so many different styles. I'm going to go pick a journal this weekend and get started. I think mine will be a mix as I'm very much a lists person, I also have creativity and blank page anxiety so the prompts will be brilliant, giving me some organised spontaneity, if that makes sense!

Thanks for all the ideas, hopefully I'll post a few of my own once I've decided on my layouts

Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2009 10:20:01 AM »

This thread is so inpiring ! I'll have to jump into journaling asap ! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ccath
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2009 06:00:26 AM »

I just read this entire thread in the morning and I got so inspired that I can wait to get started (so inspired that I don't want to study). I started a art journal yesterday but I'll start another one with lists and text as you showed here. It'll probably something I'll use more often. The art journal will be mainly for training and etc =)
When I read the rain thing I remembered something, I'm afraid to ruin my journal because of the rain (I'm still not sure if I'll keep it always with me or not, I'm afraid someone might see it and start to make questions about it) because where I study it rains a lot and since September I had my school bag completely wet a lot of times (some notebooks look like crap). Any ideas in preventing this from happening with my journal?
I love everything posted here *-* I'll definately have a What I've learned today in my journal, I think it'll be very important. Can't wait to get started! (but I seriously need to study xDD)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sujata Massey: What Are You Reading?
Artist Anne Truitt on Her Work
A Conversation with Christina Lauren
Jamie Ford: Sadness of Seattle Sparked Writing Career
Delia Ephron: Your Writing Is Your Fingerprint
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...