A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 61678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiffyhink
« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2010 09:14:27 PM »

shanta.devi, I have to admit that I'm not really familiar with any of the songs you listed as part of your playlist, but I love the idea there! I usually organize mine by mood, so I have playlists with titles like "Perfect Rainy Day," "Makes Me Happy," and "That Funky Groove," etc.

I really love what you have to say about journaling, though, especially the bit about embracing your type "A" personality--I can relate. I'd love to see some of your pages if you're willing to share them, and I hope you get a lot out of the forums here. Welcome to Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shanta.devi
« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2010 07:32:01 PM »

Hey, Spiffy -- thanks for the welcome and the feedback!  Smiley  I like the idea of creating playlists by moods, I'll have to try that...hmm...

I don't have a high enough post count to post image thumbnails to the forum yet, but here's a link my "Art Journals" collection on my Flickr account, if you'd like to look...Smiley  Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shantadevi/collections/72157624997128178
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spiffyhink
« Reply #322 on: December 23, 2010 01:31:35 PM »

You're welcome! I checked out your Flickr, and you have some awesome stuff up there! Your art is very expressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shanta.devi
« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2010 07:47:31 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, Spiffy.  I like experimenting with color and texture.  Smiley  I checked out your Flickr and Etsy shop, and I love your eraser stamps and digital collage pages; as well as your inchies and journal pages on your Flickr.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2010 01:54:19 AM »

My current journal is a very pretty one made for me by RougeRaven (her journals are fantastic) which has a mixture of lined and sketch paper. When you open it, you'll find a drawn page with hearts, a triple moon, a pentagram, "2010 - 2011 journal", a quickie doodle of myself, and my name listed over and over and over again in different forms so to speak. Basically this page is an attempt for anyone who flips through this (Which so far has only been boyfriend) as well as myself to figure out who I am.  What I mean about the name thing is it's like this:

Alison
Alison Renee
Alison Renee C----------
Alison Renee M---
Alison Renee C---------- M----
Alison Renee L----
(I didn't type out the last names because I don't feel like telling you them right now)

The story behind it is that well obviously my name is Alison, Renee is my middle name as well as my biological mother's. C------------ is my last name from until my adoption was finalized. I've never used this last name until the past year or two, I've occassionally added it into my name, and then felt badly about it because M--- is my last name, technically it always has been... in it's own way, but yeah... Haha, I'm surprised I didn't add Alison Renee S--- or Alison Renee S--- C--------- M---, using my biological father's last name as well, but I've never used it in my name. I've never felt the need to. The L---- is my boyfriend's last name, it's sort of an inside joke. Sometimes out of boredom we address each other by our full names, and he randomly uses his last name for me instead of my own last name, and we both thought it sounded good with my name, plus he's a huge part of my life, not just as my boyfriend, but as my best friend and one of the few people I can truly trust. But anyways, lately I kind of struggle with who I am and about life and other stuff.

On a different page, there's a chibi doodle of myself.

The past couple weeks I've just journaled about what went on during the day and my stress and stuff, but sometimes I like to make lists and other things. I'll probably mix things up quite a bit soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2011 07:41:54 AM »

Since I've never actually posted pictures of my journal in this thread and I've only stalked the living daylights out of it, I figured it was my time to contribute Smiley

For some reason, I can't post the picture, so I posted the link instead to the Flickr account I have them on.

I didn't take pictures of every page since I'm not that artsy and some of them are pretty bland. I'll post the topics I have that I didn't take a picture of, though.

The book I used was a weird ledger book...it was from the dollar store, actually and it's HUGE! The pages are numbered and the front has a table of contents page!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5336117028/
This is the front cover.  I painted it and posted magazine clippings then used packing table as a laminater! haha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5336118980/
The back cover

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5336122274/
The inside cover.  I found a beautiful picture from a magazine and pasted it in there.  On the right is the Table of Contents page that actually came in the book.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5335508099/
One page. My music discoveries page.  I post old music that I haven't heard in a while, new music, and stuff I want to download.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5335510387/
My reading log.  I plan on having a million of these pages as I read A LOT! And when I go on a spree with one author, I give them their own page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5335511827/
My ME page!  I had to make a page for myself, things I learn about myself, new habits, personality quirks, whatever!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30902621@N02/5335513069/
I dedicated a section to my dad.  He was diagnosed last winter with cancer (they think pancreatic but they weren't sure).  I created this section when I was living with him in Oct.  Unfortunately, he passed away on Veterans Day so I only got a few entries of him while he was alive, but I plan on still writing TO him.  Every one of my journals  now will have a section for him.  On the right is the tattoo outline I got for him that I have to paste.  I also plan on putting the typed entries that I blogged in his section of my journal.

OTHER SECTIONS:
Sea of Words (words I like)
Random Resources (links and books and whatever that I want to remember)
Anger Directory
Happiness Directory
Media & Happenstance
Goals
Learning Directory
Random Thoughts
A Moment of Beauty
Movies
Interesting People (That I never want to forget)
People Directory
and a few author pages.

I'm forever adding pages and stuff, too.  I find that its so much easier to have themed pages so that I don't feel obligated to sit and write for an hour if I don't want to...I just add whatever there is to add and that's it!

Hope you all enjoy!  Sorry for the extremely long post!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
beadhead06
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2011 06:10:31 PM »

My last two journal pages are from the end of the year.

I made a Christmas List (very Important you know!) and a Goals/New Year's Resolution Page for 2011!

I'm working on one called Quality Time now.

Christmas List

New Year Page

I'm hoping to do a lot more art journaling this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doodling with delight and convincing everyone else they can too at http://www.DrawingChick.com
pendulum
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2011 03:51:44 PM »

your journal is so great, i love the little boxes for the things youve learned. The thing I love about journals is that months or years later you can go back and see what your state of mind was like. I would have kept most of my journals I had when I was younger but sharing a house with nosy siblings/family is like suicide for a journaler. ahha. I try to record certain emotions that bug me through out my day, track where they came from and try to fix them. A lot of pages I have are based on interior decorating and quirky things and ideas for my own bedroom. I look through magazines and find good images and make collages. Limited on suplies at the moment, but Id love to use lots of media like felt, watercolors, pastel, anything and everything. Again, good thread and great journal! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
2boys3girls
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2011 06:47:04 AM »

I am going to start a reading journal here soon. I have never been successful with regular journaling so we will see how this goes.

I do a lot of reading so I plan on making an entry for each book I read with some questions and answers about the book and a review and maybe anything that I learned. I don't have it all mapped out yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spiffyhink
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2011 10:44:48 PM »

shanta.devi: Thanks! I'm glad you like the stamps; I feel like they just don't get enough love!

I've been working in a new journal lately, and have been doing a lot of doodling. I thought I'd share a few of the pages here, for those who may be interested:

There are a few more in my member gallery and in my flickr. I used to have a lot of trouble getting my doodling to look right, but I was watching some of Teesha Moore's videos on youtube the other day, and she said something that helped me a lot. She said you shouldn't ever shy away from repetition in your work because it's what makes you good at what you do. I had never thought about it that way before, but it really helped me get going, since I had been afraid before of not being creative enough. I figured if I repeated my motifs too much I would just seem boring, but not worrying about that has really enabled me to get down onto paper the ideas that I have in my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Getting Started
Canon XSi/450D: Set White Balance Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Image Quality/Resolution Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...