A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 60872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2010 03:42:35 PM »

I just wanted to share this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ann-d/sets/. Check her moleskines. They're just a handful of inspiration. I just wish something I'll be able to do something similar to this xD

this is AMAZING!!! you should definately post some pictures on Craftster!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyxmalia
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2010 12:07:33 PM »

I found a post on craftster about getting a swap going...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=328754.0

I say whoever is interested-go in there and throw around some ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
embercostumer
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2010 01:15:31 PM »

I've been journaling for years, but the regular kind, not the art kind. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I always start a new one on my birthday each year instead of on New Years. It just makes more sense to me that way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.c om
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2010 02:43:08 PM »

I felt the need to revisit and keep this thread alive!  Smiley

I have been very anti-writing lately, but after reviewing this thread, the gears start turning once again!  Thanks again, everyone, for the wonderful inspiration and need to write!

I found a site http://litemind.com/tackle-any-issue-with-a-list-of-100/ that I have been incorporating into my writing quite a bit.  The list of 100 things seems to really work with tackling issues and bettering my writing!  I've found that I've dedicated a few pages aside from my lists to write about certain ideas and topics from the list.  It works great when you have the "blank page" fear when trying to find a topic to write about.  I thought I'd share that!

I've started some pages, also, for little scraps from ideas in this thread.  I've been keeping receipts (for instance, the $4 bottle of water I bought at the beach which I found to be outrageous!), ticket stubs, and raffle tickets.  My father was recently diagnosed with cancer, so I've been attending a lot of Cancer Society events with him and keeping scraps from those.  I find that when I go back and look at them, they really inspire me.

Let's keep the ideas coming!!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010 03:56:48 PM by lovelyxmalia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2010 06:14:37 AM »

going to throw in my two cents

so I'm not very good at writing - I feel incredibly self conscious when I do. However, I've always kept a "book" with me at all times, in different forms: sketchbook, day planner, notebook etc, and I'm constantly writing and drawing. I've finally found a name for what I do which pleases me to no end (knowing that I'm not the only one)

I usually start a page with a drawing, something relevant to the day. Today was a cup of coffee - then I just turn off my inner editor and write whatever is on my mind "looking forward to taking the kids to the park today" and go from there.

Blank page fear is HUGE for me. I didn't realize it until recently... I used to always buy notebooks with decorated pages (love Jill Bliss) or day planners because all those lines and numbers and boxes take away the anxiety for me. Now that I know what my 'problem' is I work around it. I go a few pages in advance and draw frames or boxes, put a sticker in the middle of the page, or paint a background. On other pages I use a word or phrase as a prompt - these are good to make me write as opposed to just draw.

Another thing which I found intriguing is the Listology series of books, though I've never purchased one I flip through them whenever I'm at the bookstore. I'm currently making a list book to send to my cousin to fill in.

I'm a few pages away from the end of my current book right now, so I'm organizing a swap to get my next one going. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DEri6n
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2010 01:19:24 PM »

I've always wanted to keep a journal, but I'm terrible at staying focused on one thing for very long at all (I have a new hobby pretty much every month - this month is darning XD).

After seeing all of the incredible things all of you have come up with, though, I think I'm going to try again. I think if I spend some days just being arty and some actually writing, I might actually be able to stick with it this time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kel_journal
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2010 03:23:24 PM »

I love this thread! I am addicted to journal writing and it is so nice to find fellow journalers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

savagerose
peace and have a victorious day!

« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2010 12:16:00 AM »

I have to agree with all the others who've said this thread is wonderful. I love the lists suggestion and the ideas for keeping things organized, yet not rigid (that's such a hard balance to strike!). Also love the idea of pasting/taping things into it--FINALLY, somewhere to put all the random doodles and ticket stubs and useless papers I save (can't throw them away...it's a curse!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherryrose
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2010 01:08:13 PM »

I've been journaling for years, but the regular kind, not the art kind. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I always start a new one on my birthday each year instead of on New Years. It just makes more sense to me that way!

This really makes sense. I've never journaled (?), but I've been wanting to start an art journal for ages.
Maybe I'll begin on my next birthday! (January the fifteenth), I'm exited about this idea.
Now I need to find a suitable book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2010 07:04:29 PM »

I was writing journals since several years, but it was not visual (besides one or two scribbles now and then), only writing down my thoughts - after discovering crafrster and this thread (your pages are so original and beautiful!!) started a visual journal, too... However, some years ago I wrote down the whole alphabet from a to z and tried to find a word for every letter [e.g. A would be Anatomy now, because I had a difficult test on anatomy] - some weeks ago a found this list and it was so interessting to see, which names and things were important to me at this time - so I did the same thing again and the plan is to do this every once in a while to see how things in my life are changing - maybe this little idea inspires you, too!
I will post some pics when I manage to complete a page (it's always work in progress) AND to take pictures AND learn how to post them (although I visited craftster since several month, I registered only some days ago)

oh, and by the way: please excuse my English, it's not my first language   Grin

It's been over a year since this was posted, but I lovelovelove it so much I had to say so!  I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 1/35
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 5/5
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 4/5
How to Knit Keepsake Bags with a Loom Part 3/5
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 9/30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...