A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 61835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiffyhink
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2009 08:20:25 PM »

I like the random 5s ideas too; I love lists, and I might just have to use those in my journal. I also like the My Favorite Things idea, though I would probably do mine in doodles instead of words. Here are some other ideas I've put in my journal:

-The first thing I thought when I opened my eyes today was...(this one gets really interesting. I have some strange things go through my head in the morning)
-What if...?
-List of tiny things (doodled, though; not words)
-Gift ideas (I always forget when the time rolls around)
-Random thoughts, for those weird things that like to pop up in your heard from time to time
-Color schemes. In my artwork I sometimes get stuck on one group of colors, so I cut out color schemes from magazines that I like, usually from the makeup sections or home decorating articles. Then I paste them here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2009 09:18:51 PM »

would love to see some photos of these great journal ideas in action!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2009 06:30:33 PM »

Here are a couple pages from last year's planner/journal:

And from this year's that I started making and using last week, I recycled a lot of ideas from last year's, and added some that I've found on this thread:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2009 06:37:01 PM »

I LOOOOOOOOVE your journal!! It is so much fun! I like that you have all the areas planned out first and then go back and fill them in. I start new most days with mine.

I want to steal so many of your ideas! 5 things, rotten day rants and the favourite things pages which is awesome. I love all the little designs you drew around it.

Oh and you have the tiniest journal in the world. It is absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface

« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2009 08:07:50 PM »

Thanks a lot! Cheesy There are also calendar pages as it's my planner/journal, but they're pretty straightforward and boring.  I like to have it done before I start carrying it around, but right now I'm kind of filling it in and using it because I wasn't thinking ahead when my other one filled up.  Blank pages intimidate me.

Oh and you have the tiniest journal in the world. It is absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing Cheesy Cheesy

I like a small one to fit in my purse (which is pretty small, and getting packed so full as to be ridiculous. Shocked  I may need to upsize).  I have a lot of time waiting in the car driving bf around, so it's handy to have something to do that makes me feel like the creative juices are flowing.  I usually get home and find something to work on.  I have a larger one that I usually just write in that usually just stays in my desk.  Sometimes stuff gets transferred from small to large or used as inspiration for writing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2009 09:38:46 AM »

I've *always* been a "journal hoarder". I love how some books are soooo pretty and/or elegant. I have everything ranging from expensive, hand-bound Italian leather from Venice, to one covered in cartoon owls as a gift from a friend.

I love the idea of writing down my thoughts but I've always gone crazy with the typical "diary" set up. I might write in it for a week straight and then stop because it's just not fun and I felt like I was forcing myself to get it done. I agree with bunnyface too... blank pages are really intimidating for me. Especially with the dear diary format. With the creative art journal ideas posted here they're way more anticipatory.

I just had to post and say that all these ideas really appealed to me and I picked up one of my journals to start on last night.

Here are the pages I've started so far:

*Google It (things I have googled... there are a lot of them. plus it shows different things I'm interested in and want to find out more about or more insight to a specific period of my life. For example, now I'm trying to find a job so a lot of the entries are "craigslist", "monster.com", "careerbuilder" as well as specific company wesbites to see if they're hiring)

*Things I've learned on this day... (with the post-it notes idea. Love that. Smiley Yesterday's entry: "Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns.")

*Gifts (both given and received as well as the occasion and date)

*Dreams (also added the quote mentioned previously "Follow your dreams. Except the one where you fly. That never ends well." because it's hilarious and also strangely relevant to my life and what my "dream job" was when I started college. I started out as a pilot but weird things happened and I had to give it up. So, in reality, it didn't end well... but I can laugh about it now.)

*Listening-in.... (overheard conversations where you want to ask someone what the hell they're talking about but never do. Semi-inspired by the comedian that overheard "if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" - incidentally, something else I have googled - and mentioned it in his skit. Also inspired by my husband on the cell phone with someone last night who listened to the other person and then stated "you're not a blonde with big tits so I can see how that would be 50/50".)

*... Now Showing ... (movies I've seen, rented and/or bought. I'll add ticket stubs and such here too)

*Internet Sig Lines (sometimes you just come across some funny sig lines that might be famous quotes or maybe some in-joke with the original author like the overheard conversations that just make you laugh or go "hmm?" so this place is for those too.)

*I'm hilarious... (random "me" quotes. I have my gems from time to time and I like to remember them and laugh some more later when I go over them. Yesterday's entry "I've never had to autograph my urine before.")

*Mail Call (mail I've gotten. Don't have anything on here yet since I haven't checked it but it'll probably be random packages and bills. Maybe some letters if I'm lucky. Even if I only fill it out when I get big packages it'll still be interesting to see who sent me what or what I ordered.)

*Sticker page (page of stickers I take off of stuff. I wasn't going to do this at first but then I took a sticker off a package of cookies and didn't felt like walking to the trash so I stuck it in my journal. Procrastinators unite!"

Other ideas I still need to make pages for:

*Bucket list (things I want to do/see before I "kick the bucket"... also a sort of life goals thing)
*Jobs I've applied for (like I said... trying to find a job and I've lost count of all the ones I've applied for)
*interview questions asked (sometimes I get thrown a weird curveball question that I really need to ponder on)
*Books read (I read a lot and have always wanted to keep track of this somehow. Also how many pages and if I would buy from the author again or if there's an on-going series I need to look out for)
*Myspace surveys (some are good at "getting to know you" and others are just plain stupid but still informative)
*Rants (I rant about a lot of things... lol)
*New things I've tried (foods, bath products, perfume, cleaning supplies, craft techniques, driving route to work... just all the new things I try)
*I have page/I will page/I am page (these would be filled with things from the google name game rather than personal reflections though. Basically you google your name and "has"/"will"/"is" or any like words and see what pops up. Sometimes they fit and sometimes they're insane but all are pretty funny).
*Vocabulary I didn't know (every once and awhile I come up against one I don't know so I look it up)
*What's for dinner? (things I've cooked or where we've eaten)
*internet "favorites" list (it changes so much and I add and get rid of things all the time. Another one of those "snapshot of my life interests" things)
*hole punch dots page (what a pretty way to use up paper scraps!)
*you had to be there (you know those stories that are hilarious when they happen but when you try to tell someone else about it later, they never laugh? Yeah, I have those a lot so I'm gonna start putting them in here)
*Scattergories (I love this game but can never find anyone to play with me. I think I'll just start playing by myself and write my entries here).
*Stores I've bought things from (I'm always trying out new stores online so it's nice to put those somewhere)
*things I bought for myself (it doesn't happen that often since I'm a much more "giving" person. I tend to buy a lot of things to make stuff for other people rather than just for myself so I wanted some way to recognize that I do pamper myself from time to time)

Anywho... thought some of my ideas could help inspire someone else as much as I was inspired by all of you.  Kiss

I'm looking forward to working on more.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 09:41:42 AM by SkyyAngel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2009 05:47:46 PM »

I keep coming back to this thread to see what wonderful new ideas everyone is sharing and OMG, you are all so creative and inspiring! So many ideas for me to incorporate into my art journals.  Wow!
New pages to share:

I am working in four different journals right now so these are just a few of the pages I've done in one of them.  can anyone say "addicted"?  LOL

Peace & Love,
~Barb~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
bunnyface

« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2009 06:01:08 PM »

I've *always* been a "journal hoarder". I love how some books are soooo pretty and/or elegant. I have everything ranging from expensive, hand-bound Italian leather from Venice, to one covered in cartoon owls as a gift from a friend.

Me too!  And I used to work at Barnes & Noble, and straightening up the journals every night was my own version of hell because I wanted ALL of them.  I probably have more empty books than I could fill in a life time, but I have finally started using them for things other than journaling, and keeping separate journals for things like traveling, planning/goals for projects, keeping track of important information, and that kind of thing.  For a while, I hated even writing in the really pretty ones, because I thought they deserved to have something really pretty in them, but I figure it's better to use them then have a bunch of blank pages.  And I can always buy another one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yossarian
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2009 02:58:22 AM »

Wow! SteeelMagnolia, your pages are beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2009 05:50:44 AM »

lovely pages  Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Short Hair Spring Trends
How to Create a Smooth Soft Hair Wave
Braided Hair Trends
Crimped Hair Trend Spring 2008
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...