A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 57542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lylacfey
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2009 06:01:21 AM »

I think this is one of my favorite ongoing threads at Craftster.  You all inspire me so much. 

I have several journals that I am working on.  I have decorating journals, gardening journals, list journals, to do list journals & even a frugality journal.  I know it's weird but the frugality journal is my favorite.  It is like my own Tightwad Gazette. 

I came up with an idea the other night after having my feelings hurt.  I love to make cards. My cards are pretty popular.  Like all paper crafters we put so much into them. Like our cat running around with stamps on his feet.  The glue stick stuck in your hair & you don't realize this for ten minutes.  You slice off a lock of your hair while cutting paper.  Your other cat is attacking the Cricut, diving it, grabbing the mat & you are watching the very expensive paper you just bought be mutiliated.  You get it, lol. 

I made a card, while I was sick.  I mean desperately ill, should be in bed, not crafting sick.  I watched the recipient throw it on the floor as if it was nothing. My beautiful card, with the expensive paper & all that love was bent.  I spent hours coloring the stamped image on the card.

I made a decision no more card making for me, except for rare occasions where people appreciate it.

I love SCS for the gallery.  I feel so inspired.  I have a list of sketches a mile long or 5 gigabytes on my hard drive. Smiley

I decided instead of giving up my love of card making.  I will make the cards into my daily art card to put in my journal.

If you love card making & are burned out make the cards for yourself.  We save cardstock because we are only making fronts. Smiley

Sorry so long winded.  I am venting too.  Still hurt over such a trivial things.  I was really sick.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2009 06:15:24 AM »

I know exactly what you mean!! Noone has ever been rude enough to throw a card i make on the floor but I know that within a few days it will most likely be in the bin. I stopped making handmade cards for this reason a while ago. Having a art card journal is such a great idea! I always found it really hard to part with cards after putting so much effort into them. This way I could keep them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2009 06:17:02 AM »

That's not trivial at all - that would have upset anybody, I'm sure. What a horrid thing to do :-(

I'm glad you've thought of a way you can continue your passion while protecting your feelings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2009 06:25:10 AM »

I've not gotten a handmade card from anyone but know I would keep it - in my journal most likely. I love handmade gifts so much. My best friend dyed a skein of yarn for me for Christmas and it was my favorite gift this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard

That song was about me.

« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2009 06:34:19 AM »

Yeah, me too - but we're crafters, it makes a difference. We know how much lvoe goes into things. I have had handmade cards, and I do keep them :-) Only give your things to people who will value them! [grin]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
lylacfey
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2009 04:49:50 AM »

You are all sweet, thank you.  The person who I gave the card too is actually a paper crafter if that doesn't beat it all, lol.My DH tells me all the time she is jealous of me. That is why she did it. 

It was a good lesson.  Now, I have all sorts of cards to journal with. 

Have you all seen iHanna's blog for journaling: http://www.ihanna.nu/blog/

If you have nothing to do for the weekend you will spend hours reading her blog.  She is my inspiration.

I made my WIP's list tonight (Work in Progress) half of it was journaling.  I think it's an obsession.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Persephone Hazard

That song was about me.

« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2009 12:29:25 PM »

Pics of my rather amateurish and rubbishy journal! One about a weekend away (full of in-jokes and therefore won't make much sense!) and another the swap-journal-in-the-journal that I mentioned a couple of days ago:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009 12:34:12 PM by Persephone Hazard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flowersbloomforhim
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2009 12:24:38 PM »

I usually do traditional journaling with some collages etc!

In my journals, I...
- write prayers
- take notes
- poems
- my thoughts
- how the day was
- etc

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2009 02:25:44 PM »

I LOVE this thread!  I haven't had a chance to look thoroughly, but just browsing through there is so many great ideas.  I always want to journal, and I find that I do really well for about a month before my writing just tapers off to nothing.  Last year, I made myself a weekly planner/journal in a notebook I already had (purse sized, I like to keep it with me all the time) using ideas for writing prompts, lists, things to do, etc...that I got from looking at a million different journals, craft books, writing books, everywhere.  I just finished it this week, and was totally unprepared, so now I have a printed calendar for this month and am about to start my next year's planner/journal.  I think this time I'm going to do monthly (less pages dedicated to the planner, plus I'm a stay home mom now, my calendar just isn't as busy as it was when I was working).  I'm borrowing some ideas from this thread for my new journal, so I'll share some from my old one, some of which will be recycled.  I'm still kind of a newbie, so I can't post pictures, and anyway I have to do some memory card overhaul before I can take new pictures, but I will when I get a chance.  Here are some of my pages, I filled them out whenever I had some free time, even just a couple minutes:

-5 things: to remember, to forget, to make, to learn, to collect
-Random 5's (throughout the book, I just made 3 topics, then when I had a couple minutes, I would pick one and list 5 things):  tastes, smells, textures; colors, sounds, sounds, flowers; fruits, veggies, herbs/spices; philosophers, 80's movies, Harry Potter characters...anythi ng would work
-My Favorite Things:  flower, smell, color, food, city, season...
-I Wish...
-Words I LOVE/Words I HATE
-Rant page for grumpy days
-Favorite Quotes
-Music, Movies, Books, Art I love/should check out
-To do lists
-A lot of blank pages for whatever

I also tried some doodle pages, but I just hate my own drawing and don't really enjoy doing it.  I would like to, but I'm never happy with it, so it's discouraging.  Anyway, I'll post pics when I can.  Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2009 06:36:56 PM »

I love the 5 things and 5 randoms ideas~! I'm so going to use them in my journal!! Thankyou!!

I'm about 60 pages into mine atm - about a third of the way. I am having SO MUCH FUN! I write something in it almost everyday. It's so much less pressure than having a proper diary!! I love that I just can write in it with crayons and markers and that's okay! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pork Satay Skewers Recipe
Make This Stir-Fry With Leftover Chicken
Noodle War at Umang 2013
Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
Coconut Mango Rice With Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...