A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
826 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 62305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yossarian
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2008 07:21:12 PM »

Love your journal pages and the condom packet is so funny. (coming from an old, divorced mom who doesn't get much any more!)
I visited your blog and the resin work is so wonderful. Your friends are lucky to have such a talent in their lives, if you don't mind me saying so.

Thank you so much, thats a really nice thing to say and it means a lot.
=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ana MZ
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2008 02:44:31 AM »

Long time lurker, uh... no time poster...
But this thread is pretty inspirational - I've always been a little confused as to the true purpose of a journal, but now I see that there IS a creative outlet for my love of lists and organisation! Tongue Thank you for posting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
antigone
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2008 09:50:55 AM »

This thread has so many great ideas!! I want to contribute again, if I may and it doesn't just seem like a shameless plug (not selling anything). My craft blog

may be inspiring, or a kick in the butt if that's of any help Smiley

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008 09:51:49 AM by antigone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yossarian
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2008 05:04:13 PM »

This thread has so many great ideas!! I want to contribute again, if I may and it doesn't just seem like a shameless plug (not selling anything). My craft blog

may be inspiring, or a kick in the butt if that's of any help Smiley

I am enjoying what I have read in your blog, it is inspirational. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
antigone
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2008 12:40:08 AM »

I am enjoying what I have read in your blog, it is inspirational. =)

Thank you Smiley Smiley I'm so happy to hear that!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008 12:46:17 AM by antigone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2008 10:29:11 AM »

I'm making a new Art Journal.  I'm taking my mother to France for two weeks and I want to record our thoughts and this special time together.  To be honest we've never been close - but the last few years have changed dramatcially and I'd like something in our past to show our growth and our closeness.  Especially if things get bad again...at least I'll have these words and images to turn to. 

So, I've got this coffee table book on Paris and I've been taking gesso to the pages and intend to start on this shared art journal the moment we get to the airport.  Here are a few pics of the surfaces I'll be writing/drawing/pasting on:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KTFabulous
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2008 10:48:49 AM »

Wow...your number system is so unconventionally organized! I love it! Generally, I just journal whatever comes to mind, but I absolutely MUST keep a list of books that I want to read in my journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2008 09:47:17 PM »

I'm making my own journal to start a "Gratification Journal" it will only hold beautiful, happy, positive thoughts, goals, projects and things that I am grateful for! XD I am really excited to be starting it! I'm going to make it slightly "scrapbook" like in the sense that there will be stickers, stamps and paper glued in! <33
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmellah
Scrapbooker

Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2008 12:03:59 PM »

Well. sicne i scrap every day life and not nessesarily events, thats what my journaling is. just things. Occasionaly, i'll do a top ten list of something i like or hate at that moment and scrap that because in 5 yars that might be different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IrishMolly
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2008 08:31:43 AM »

I can't believe that I just read twenty pages of this! Anyhow I also love to journal (I think we may have coined a new verb!) but generally I only journal during the summer as I am still in secondary (High) school and find that I lack the time and inspiration during the school year.

Anyhow I keep a travel  journal which is maybe 6 by 3/4 inches and by now almost as thick as it is wide! I love looking through it and rembering all of the holidays I have been on. At the beggining of each holiday I have full dairy enteries but it quickly morphs into a collage of pictures and a sentance her and there.

My summer journals are different. They are full of all sorts of random things. Pictures, doodles, photos, postcards, tickets, sweet wrappers, pressed flowers etc. I also have drawing of the landscapes and nature. Another thingI always include which I don't think anyone else has posted about is recipes. I love being able to remember a particular day by reading the recipe of the cookies or pasta sauce I made that day. This works especially well with sertain things which I only make during the summer like strawberry jam and elderflower cordial. Then each summer I copy the recipes from one summer journal to the next as I make my summer stuff. I also have quotes, writing, lists, thoughts etc in these journals.
If i am doing something special during the summer such as going to a festival or on a road trip then I try to write a few note on what I did each day. This sometimes takes bullet point format and sometimes essay style. This means that I can look back and read about what I did during the summer during the long, dark winter.

Whoa...long post! Anyhow I will try and post some pictures from my summer 2008 journal as soon as I get access to a scanner.

Happy journaling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And those who where seen dancing where thought to be insane by those who could not here the music"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Terry Cloth Bath Mitts for Kids
How to Make a True Family Tree Board
How to Make a Superhero Cape
How to Make Sponge Balls for Kids
How to Make Toy Boats with Wooden Blocks
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...