A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 57590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loobie
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007 01:05:21 AM »

Jillie, your journal is gorgeous!

Its realy inspiring  Smiley I'm glad you shared it with us.

Like a few people have already said, I have lots of trouble writing in a typical journal - I get kind of over awed by a completely blank page. But having little sections for various types of thought is such a good idea!

I think you're gonna be seeing a whole load of journals inspired by yours pretty soon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got the eeby geeby's!
April is

a walking contradiction

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007 01:54:34 AM »

jilly- you journaling style amazes me- so organized! i never would have thought of the page numbering thing. i'm a lister, too.. so i might just steal some of your page ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a head full of ideas and an empty wallet.
Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007 02:22:29 AM »

I love the tree window journal page, that is an adorable idea.

I'm thinking of starting a travel journal, not exactly original but one I can look back on with fondness.

I use the website 43things.com to document goals and ambitions and was thinking of journalling about my progress and achievements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eralc
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007 03:15:42 AM »

Wow, I love your journal, Jillie! I've tried traditional journalling before (many times), but I can never stick with it. Having lists that you can add to is a great idea! I've been wanting to keep a visual journal for a while, and I've been told to keep a food/health diary. I'm thinking I could combine both of them, plus record my thoughts and activities in the form of lists.
Thanks for the inspiration! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/eralc
♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caramel_eclare/
♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007 06:07:49 AM »

I really like your "what I learned today" section. I think we'd all be better off if we wrote something like that, to remember what we learned, since it's so often forgotten.

i journal almost daily.
I would take a picture, but it's really nothing fascinating. All it is is me rambling on about life in general. How I'm doing, what I'm thinking about, etc.

In my Creative Writing class, we had to write for ten minutes each day and they gave us prompts, such as "The hardest lesson I've ever learned." or something such as that and we'd just write and write and write until the time was up. We then had a chance to read them infront of the class, and we found by the end of the semester that if we start on one subject, we keep writing about the other subjects that run through our heads at the time. The beginning of the paper can be about something as serious as death of a loved one, to ending up being about pizza.

I think if you just start writing, and not think about what you have to write, that you could come up with something you didn't even realize. As crazy as that sounds.

Sorry for my rambling, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CaribouOnTheSea

I could make that.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007 06:25:48 AM »

I love these ideas.  I'm also a list person....I can't stand writing too much.  I'm more of a typer.  But, you miss out on that old-school journal feel if you keep an online blog. 

I'm definitely gonna try some of these things out, thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I log my tales of sewing, crafting, thrifting, and traveling over at  www.rtthvintage.blo gspot.com
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007 08:25:18 AM »

I have a lot of downtime at work so that's where my journal is. Whenever I have some free time and something to say, I'll write something. Its just my thoughts and what's going on in my life. I write in it about once or twice every week or so. I love your ideas. I for sure would like to start up something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
raggedy anna
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007 09:59:02 AM »

This is so clever and pretty!
I like to write down interesting dreams; this makes it easier for me to get started if I haven't written in a while, because I always have some random dream I want to share, and writing down a couple dreams you remember is not as overwhelming as trying to write down everything that's happened. I often find looking back that some of the dreams are sort of reflective of what was going on at the time, despite all the ridiculousness that my brain likes to add.
I also like to stick bits and bobs on the cover like ticket stubs and name tags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catlee07
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007 11:41:00 AM »

I am SO gonna copy you!  Wink

Seriously, journaling for me is only when I'm feeling sad or angry, so it's not really a good record. Your journal will be something that I'd want to find in my attic 100 yrs from now. So, I think I gonna make a similar journal because this is SUCH a great idea!

I like the tissue paper front, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indieanajess
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007 12:08:21 PM »

I've never been much of a journaler, but these are such awesome ideas! Yr so clever!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Four Reasons You’re Not Sleeping
Every Instagram Filter, Definitively Ranked
A Boudoir Photo Shoot Is The Sexy Gift That Keeps On Giving
Photography Tips: Take Only Photographs, Leave Only Footprints
Landscape and Nature Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...