A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fancy a cuppa? i've got one in my wallet! ¡pics added to explanation!  (Read 48729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2008 09:44:44 AM »

bias tape is that stuff they sell near the zippers and piping. it's a strip of fabric roughly an inch and a half or maybe only an inch sometimes. it's folded in half the long way, then folded in half again, so the raw edges are all tucked in to themselves.

it's useful for things like quilt binding, and hem edges because it provides a very nice finish to projects.  here is another pic of bias tape used as a finish.

in the tea wallet, i just sewed the tape closed, and made a loop out of the long strip. in the bikini bag i slid the raw edges into the bias tape and made a sort of sandwich and sewed everything together.

oh i gotcha. so i could just take a strip of fabric and fold it like that and it'd basically be the same thing. thanx!

Actually it goes round corners much more easily if it's cut on the bias, this is the method I use:

http://www.savvyseams.com/techniques/biastape.php

i'm only going to use it as a clasp. so it won't matter if its cut on the bias or not, will it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2008 09:46:19 AM »

no, no; that should be fine. just a strip of fabric folded in half and half, then the long open edge sewed up. it'll work super.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2008 09:53:37 AM »

that's really original!!
i love it!! and i love tea! Cheesy jajaja
they are so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2008 10:09:06 AM »

very excited to make this! i cut out all the fabric last night except for the bias tape so i gotta do that yet but other than that i'm all set to start sewing. have you tried it with three pockets btw?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2008 11:01:52 AM »

no, but i think it will work just as well. if i were to put three pockets, i might make the initial rectangles a bit taller- say 5.75 x 6.75.  so the finished folded wallet would end up around 5" tall x 3" w.

some of my coworkers who received these thought they would be good for their cc's but i don't think the pockets are secure enough for that. Maybe dunkin donuts cards, but not real cc's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bergman
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008 07:21:05 AM »

I really Like the way you used hair clips instead of pins. Some times I am cursing at my pins because of not being sharp enough or leaving marks on the fabric. Thanks for the great idea and the great tut!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lulu9527
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008 07:54:01 AM »

very excited to make this! i cut out all the fabric last night except for the bias tape so i gotta do that yet but other than that i'm all set to start sewing. have you tried it with three pockets btw?

I made this one with 3 pockets.  If you want, I can measure it.  It would work for 6 tea bags as well as what I did it for.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219931.msg2369088#msg2369088
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008 09:29:36 AM »

I made this one with 3 pockets.  If you want, I can measure it.  It would work for 6 tea bags as well as what I did it for.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219931.msg2369088#msg2369088

oh, no thanx Smiley i actually just whipped one up the other day with three pockets. can't post it yet though b/c its for one of my many swaps i'm in and i don't want to spoil the surprise!! thanx for the offer though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2008 11:21:02 AM »

ooh! lulu9527! yours has tea cups right on it! trez clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orangeorange
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2008 04:35:46 PM »

Ooh this is awesome! Great job  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Creative Halloween Costumes You Already Have in Your Closet
Kate Middleton Wears Sexiest Dress Yet… While Pregnant
7 Little Black Dresses for Under $25
Culottes: How to Wear Them
Leather Skirts For Every Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...