A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fancy a cuppa? i've got one in my wallet! ¡pics added to explanation!  (Read 47416 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007 05:11:42 PM »

That is an awesome gift idea...wonderful idea!!  Very nice project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FroggyGirlDesigns
Froggy Girl Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2007 05:54:55 PM »

I love these!  Great little stocking stuffer idea for Christmas.  Even throw a gift card in there with some tea for something more "substantial".  Can't wait to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bloggin it: www.frugalhappyhome .blogspot.com
Sellin It: www.froggygirldesig ns.etsy.com
I love personal swaps!
tiegh
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2007 12:51:23 PM »

Thank you for posting pictures!!  I made one of these as an absolute last minute gift for my boyfriend's mom.  Sunday was Christmas with them and I literally made this in the last 8 minutes before I had to go over there.  I'm sure it was quite the spectacle with me actually running from my computer to look at the next picture to my cutting board to my iron to my sewing machine and back and forth across my apartment.  Good thing this is all straight lines.  I didn't take any pictures but I'll post some of the next one I made for her.  She loved it!  Mine was pink hawaiian hibiscus flowers on the outside and the pink with a solid purple contrast on the inside, and a pink shell button.  You made both of our Christmases merry! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2007 05:43:15 AM »

oh, llama tastic. when you make the sandwich, make sure all the right sides are facing (the pockets should face the outside back, and the two pieces of muslin interface should be the what you see), then sew only around the two short sides and the bottom pocket edge. the entire top edge is the turning hole.

i suppose you could also sew along some of the top edge and leave a proper turning hole, but leaving the entire top open just makes it a bit easier- the pockets can be a bit bulky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BettyBravo
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2007 11:42:32 AM »

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! I would love to make one for hot cocoa for my mum, she loves cocoa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you've lost your ticket to paradise, make sure you have money for the bus" -Pokey Lafarge
kmsmaverick
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2007 01:09:59 PM »

i bet you could, just make the initial rectangles twice the size of the cocoa packet, plus a bit more for seam allowance. do it up! i sort of think these wallets are as important as a money wallet.

hee hee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2008 10:52:26 PM »

this may sound stupid...but what is bias tape? i've never used it before...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2008 05:39:55 AM »

bias tape is that stuff they sell near the zippers and piping. it's a strip of fabric roughly an inch and a half or maybe only an inch sometimes. it's folded in half the long way, then folded in half again, so the raw edges are all tucked in to themselves.

it's useful for things like quilt binding, and hem edges because it provides a very nice finish to projects.  here is another pic of bias tape used as a finish.

in the tea wallet, i just sewed the tape closed, and made a loop out of the long strip. in the bikini bag i slid the raw edges into the bias tape and made a sort of sandwich and sewed everything together.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 07:40:08 AM by kmsmaverick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2008 08:13:12 AM »

bias tape is that stuff they sell near the zippers and piping. it's a strip of fabric roughly an inch and a half or maybe only an inch sometimes. it's folded in half the long way, then folded in half again, so the raw edges are all tucked in to themselves.

it's useful for things like quilt binding, and hem edges because it provides a very nice finish to projects.  here is another pic of bias tape used as a finish.

in the tea wallet, i just sewed the tape closed, and made a loop out of the long strip. in the bikini bag i slid the raw edges into the bias tape and made a sort of sandwich and sewed everything together.

oh i gotcha. so i could just take a strip of fabric and fold it like that and it'd basically be the same thing. thanx!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happychick
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2008 08:19:53 AM »

oh i gotcha. so i could just take a strip of fabric and fold it like that and it'd basically be the same thing. thanx!

Actually it goes round corners much more easily if it's cut on the bias, this is the method I use:

http://www.savvyseams.com/techniques/biastape.php
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 08:21:24 AM by Happychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Decorate a Shadow Box
How to Tie the Sheet Bend Knot
Where Is the Best Glass Blowing Museum
The History of Glass Blowing
How to Tie the Handcuff Knot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...