A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,594
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimp My Craftster Name R2 -- Gallery!  (Read 6253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2007 07:18:36 PM »

really, the desk organizers are just decoupaged boxes made of cardboard.  i layered text from an old book with map print tissue and drew the pink accents with an embossing gelly pen. then i coated them with wax. they are simple but i get really carried away with the layers!!! i probably built up like four layers  Grin

glad to hear the love. i will be posting my pictures...maybe tonight since picture hosting is back up!!!

finally pictures for you!!!

these are the awesome marble magnets she made me! the large magnet is wooden and she hand drew all the crafty tools!

this is the awesome embroidered journal that she made. she said that it was her first time embroidering!? it look phenomenal.

and here are some action shots of my new, super awesome apron!!!

artsylydia was an A.W.E.S.O.M.E swapper! thanks for everything sweetie! i hope my pictures show how much i love the things you made me! we can personal swap any time!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007 07:42:36 PM by CraftyMcCrafterson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007 01:31:15 AM »

Oh wow! I love the scissors journal! what a good idea to use a button for the rivet. Absolutely brilliant Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
Firefairy
Eclectic Savant

What do you mean, "it isn't supposed to explode"?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2007 01:42:18 AM »

Definitely impressive for first-time embroidery, and super clever to use the button.  Maybe Craftsters are just naturally gifted first-timers once they have hit a certain number of crafts. Smiley

Crafty, do you have a cheap-and-easy way to do most of your pics in B/W with just the focus in color, or did you do that by hand?  It looks really cool, but the only way I know to do it would not have been fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but sticks and string excite me.

Got Wist?
I'm on Ravelry, and now, so are my stash and WIPs.  Makin' progress!
mini
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2007 04:56:18 AM »

Great!! Love that package too. The embroidery is lovely & that little wooden magnet is so detailed & cute, cute, cute!!
(Hey, we are pretty good at this crafting stuff, aren't we??! Oh, and Crafty is cute too! Smiley )
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007 04:57:09 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2007 07:12:03 AM »

Definitely impressive for first-time embroidery, and super clever to use the button.  Maybe Craftsters are just naturally gifted first-timers once they have hit a certain number of crafts. Smiley

Crafty, do you have a cheap-and-easy way to do most of your pics in B/W with just the focus in color, or did you do that by hand?  It looks really cool, but the only way I know to do it would not have been fast.

I use photoshop. you can download a trial version. all you do is take your picture and make a duplicate layer of it and desaturate it. that turns the top picture b/w. then you use the magic wand to select the areas you want to cut out of the b/w image. after you cut out all the parts you want the colored image is revealed through the cut outs you made. it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. thanks for asking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Firefairy
Eclectic Savant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2007 12:37:27 PM »

I use photoshop. you can download a trial version. all you do is take your picture and make a duplicate layer of it and desaturate it. that turns the top picture b/w. then you use the magic wand to select the areas you want to cut out of the b/w image. after you cut out all the parts you want the colored image is revealed through the cut outs you made. it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. thanks for asking!

Noice!  That was not a layer use that had occurred to me- will definitely be using that idea in future- thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got Wist?
Firefairy
Eclectic Savant

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007 01:30:37 AM »

No more picture yumminess?  Do we need angels, or are people just being graphically challenged?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got Wist?
mini
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007 04:53:55 AM »

There is some definite photo phobia in our group! Sad Next time I'm going to make it a requirement before you get feedback, you must post photos.
Frankly, most of the fun is in swapping is seeing what everyone comes up with!! Smiley Especially in this type of swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesseeyore
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007 12:55:55 PM »

And here I am- posting pics a little late of what I sent to Balletfreak. I haven't received yet from my partner.

Here's the messenger bag I made for her dance stuff- it holds atleast 16 paperback books cuz that's what I used to stand it up for the picture.

Front view, same bag. I had some major interfacing issues with this bag but I think it came out ok.

I made two little bunnies from a pattern found here on Craftster- one bunny is the "Ballet Bunny" and the other is "Freak Bunny", which you can't seen but one of his eyes is crazy, he's got one ear longer than the other, and crazy fabric.

I alse made her a headband to keep her hair out of her eyes while dancing, and a "dance" bracelet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
mini
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007 02:33:51 PM »

Very pretty. Thank you so much for posting! Hopefully your partner will send this week! Smiley

Pimpers, if your partner hasn't posted, please go ahead & post for her!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finger Wave Long Hair
How to Tease Long Hair
How to Do a Long Half Up Half Down Style
How to Curl Long Hair With a Flat Iron
How to Do a Long Hair Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...