A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SEPTEMBER 2007 BIRTHDAY SWAP!  (Read 7255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 03, 2007 09:38:13 PM »

*sings* Happy Birthday to US, Happy Birthday to US!!  Grin

This is the SEPTEMBER 2007 BIRTHDAY SWAP! Please make sure you read all the rules before committing to this swap. And Happy Birthday!

Swap name: September 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  ViolinRomance
Craftster member who is the backup organizer for this swap: ZaftigMomma
Sign-up date range: This swap lasts from 4th September to the 4th October
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner (longer crafting time may be allowed for those making bigger items- PM ME TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS!)
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope
Non-U.S. participants allowed? YES!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages. 

"Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: I'm NOT organizing more than three swaps now.
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that
every participant meets these conditions: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

DETAILS:
This is a birthday swap; if you were born in September, post a list and you may receive a birthday present!  In your list be sure to include:
- Where you are from : generally state/country: so that people know where they have to send to- can make an informed commitment. (Compulsory)
- Crafted items that you would like (it helps greatly to include links to photographs, tutorials, etc.)
- Crafting supplies.
- You can also include your birthday and age if youd like! Cheesy (not compulsory!!)

HOW?!?!
First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted.  You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire, I will tell you that you can post a birthday list.

This is not like the other claim swaps- such as OWS where you must pick again to repost your list. In the September 07 Birthday Swap, you post your list once and it will stay there for craftster to scroll through at will. I will be updating the sending/receiving list rather frequently, so if you are unsure who to craft for, that might give you a better idea Cheesy

BASICS:
- To be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- There must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- Once you have picked someone to craft for, you can be picked as many times as there are items on your list. (To make sure things are fair though, the organisers retain the right to restrict peoples lists if they are receiving a significant amount more than they are giving).
- You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things. If you have picked 3 people to craft for, you must send at least one of those items successfully before picking again.
- If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
- Please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number/receipt/proof when  sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- Regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive.
- You can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

IMPORTANT:
If you were not born in September, you may still craft for somebody if youd like to, however they are not bound to craft for you in return. That being said...

If you receive a gift from anyone in this swap, you are required to mail a thankyou note/card/letter. Also post pictures of your received items in the gallery- or let your partner know before hand if you don't have a camera/scanner, so that thier work can be appreciated.
<<< Please note: These are conditions of this swap. Be aware that it will be noted in feedback/negative feedback may be received in incidences where this requirement is not fulfilled >>>

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list so that other swappers know what is un/available.

EXAMPLE:
Person B wants to have their list posted so they PM the organizer with their questionnaire answers, and what they want to craft from Person As list.  The organizer will then PM person B, give them person As address, then they can then post their list.

Person C wants to have a list up, so they choose from A OR B, PM the organizer their answers, the name of the person they want to craft for, and what theyre going to craft. Then they wait until the organizer approves them and sends them the address of whom they have picked.  Then they can post their list.

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THIS ORGANISER:
*If you are going to be away from your postal service, you need to have a third party pick up your package and alert the organizer (me).
*Please don't PM me with your estimated date of sendout.  PM me after you have actually sent the package.
*If you have aversions to animal products or you have allergies that you feel need to be addressed, please include that in your introduction when you post your list (this isn't for me, it's for those who are crafting for you!).
*If you or your roommates smoke, please launder your crafts if possible or air-freshen them before sending.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE
(Please make the title of your PM the name of the swap)

Name of swap: September 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and mailing address:
Who you pick:
What you are making:

(Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.)

Please feel free to PM me and ask any questions that you may have! Cheesy

Link to >>>GALLERY<<<
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007 06:18:52 AM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007 09:38:30 PM »

BIRTHDAY WISHES:
green = sent
teal = sending late with notice
orange = received
purple = wish fulfilled and thankyou note sent
strikethrough = finished with feedback
Bold =  has received negative feedback

4th Sept, to be sent by the 18th Sept
ZaftigMomma claims ViolinRomance (hotwater bottle)
seamshistoric claims ZaftigMomma ("http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0 (with one of my favourite motifs on it.)")
ViolinRomance claims seamshistoric (crewel embroidery kit/embroidery stuff!)
AliBeachGrl claims seamshistoric (make-up bag)
javede claims ZaftigMomma (yarn)
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back   claims ZaftigMomma (handspun yarn)

5th Sept, to be sent by the 19th Sept
rosered claims ZaftigMomma (mixed paper journal)
ZaftigMomma claims ViolinRomance (surprise)
kitschbitch claims AliBeachGrl (surprise, including a pendant inspired by OliviaMoon)
Brihene claims javede (embroidery floss)
danceisthenewmosh claims AliBeachGrl (A wist-a-licious surprise)

6th Sept, to be sent by 20th Sept
ViolinRomance claims Miss Mermaid Strikes Back (some "nesty" goodness!)
javede claims Miss Mermaid Strikes Back (circular needles)

10th Sept, to be sent by 24th Sept
AliBeachGrl claims Miss Mermaid Strikes Back (buttons & a wistfully inspired surprise!)
javede claims kitschbitch  (Needle book, buttons and sewing notions)
prosthetics6 claims ZaftigMomma (http://knitalittle.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/virgo.pdf and a city girl cap)
ViolinRomance claims danceisthenewmosh (some wisty inspired goodness!)
danceisthenewmost claims Brihene (rapunzel scarf)

12th Sept, to be sent by 26th Sept
kitschbitch claims prosthetics6 (camera cozy and yarn)
Malina  claims prosthetics6 (buttons and yarn)
ZaftigMomma claims danceisthenewmost (real homemade soap)

13th Sept, to be sent by 29th Sept
kitschbitch claims Malina (jewellery and findings too)

16th Sept, to be sent by 2nd Oct
onthinice claims ViolinRomance (swap journal + one or two surprises)

19th Sept, to be sent by 5th Oct
*Maria* claims AliBeachGrl (a pretty scarf) [/color]
kayrun claims *Maria* (various knitting needles, variety of yarn,
and a knitted headband)

21st Sept, to be sent by 7th Oct
ZaftigMomma claims Malina (chefs tunic with skull and crossed cutlery)
lechaton claims kitschbitch (food and fabric and books!)

25th Sept, to be sent 11th Oct
kayrun claims lechaton (several knit washcloths and a skein of yarn)

29th Sept, to be sent 15th Oct
PimpernelSmith claims lechaton (a few books)

2nd Oct, to be sent 18th Oct
kitschbitch claims javede (fabric)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007 02:56:59 PM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007 09:38:45 PM »

Sending/Receiving             

ZaftigMomma   4/5
seamshistorc   1/2
ViolinRomance  3/2
javede            3/2
AliBeachGrl      2/3
kitschbitch      4/2
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back    1/3
Brihene           1/1
danceisthenewmosh       2/2
prosthetics6    1/2
Malina            1/2
*Maria*          1/1
lechaton         1/2

Non-Birthday Swappers:
rosered: sending 1
onthinice: sending 1
kayrun: sending 2
PmipernelSmith: sending 1

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007 02:48:26 PM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007 10:28:37 PM »

Hi, I'm Karan from the UK and I will be 40 years old on Sept 22nd  Shocked  BOY that came around fast!!

First off I'd like to say THANK YOU to anyone who chooses to craft for me and secondly I'd like to wish my fellow birthday babes a very happy birthday

I love being a perfect Virgo so anything Virgo themed would go down well! Colours I'm fond of are deep rich purple, dark blue, earthy brown, turquoise, charcoal grey and silver.
I like soft textured fabrics like velvet and cord and anything brushed
Motifs I like are stars, moons, sunbursts, trees, sunflowers, lilies, Virgo symbol and Ouroboros
I'm a little *coughcough* too old for cutesy stuff and stuffed toys and don't like kitschy nasty plasticky things  Wink

You can check out my blog  http://kookaloostarr-swapinfo.blogspot.com/  for more details/info  including my sizes

I adore jewellery but I don't wear earrings.

Blog and wist links on my profile page  Wink

Birthday gifts I would like to receive:

Wearables
Stencilled or  screen printed T-shirt (no iron ons please) with a Virgo sign and 1967 on it.

a hat like http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21665 this in one of my fave colours

pj/lounge pants in a stretch fabric

Felted slippers/slipper boots

Supplies

Crochet hooks with pretty polymer clay handles 

Learn candlemaking kit

Learn to embroider kit

Fabric paints

Glass paints

Ceramic paints

Yarn, particularly homespun yarn  Grin but any soft and pretty stuff (except eyelash/funfur stuff) would be gratefully received.
Thank you JAVEDE and MISSMERMAIDSTRIKESBACK  Grin
Crochet magazines/books preloved is never unloved in my home.

Miscellaneous
A mixed paper journal thank you ROSERED   Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0   (with one of my favourite motifs on it.)
thank you SEAMSHISTORIC  Smiley

Embroidered or needle punched patches with a Virgo symbol

A personalised coffee mug - I never get things with my name spelled correctly!

Homemade soap/bath and body products (no M&P please and I don't mind animal products, I use lard in my own soaps)

Cotton washcloths I would adore a couple of these 
http://knitalittle.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/virgo.pdf or
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTgrrr.html
Thank you prosthetics6

or of course, A SURPRISE  Grin

UPDATE: My Beloved is home from the hospital.  Normal service may take a while yet as we've just had some very sad news
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 12:57:55 PM by ZaftigMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
seamshistoric
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007 10:45:44 PM »

Thank you ViolinRomance for embroidery stuff!

Supplies:
embroidery needles: crewels, milliner's, tapestry
Yarn (natural fibers, please)
Crochet thread
Acid free storage boxes and/or paper for storing antique books
Cotton twill tape
Any color any style embroidery floss
Flexible tunisian crochet hook
Knitting needles
Tatting shuttle
Beeswax (plain)
Scrap silks
Ribbon (natural fibers, please)
Silk flowers
Quilling supplies... any and all, I want to try it.
Monk's cloth and/or huck towelling
Huck/Swedish weaving patterns and needles

Crafts:
Needlebook
Altered book photo album (with corner tabs or clear sleeves for photographs)
Curtains! I lost the fabric I was planning to use, now I'd just like anything that isn't storebought... pm for measurements.
Stained glass (or glass anything) to hang in my windows
Makeup bag - Thank you AliBeachGrl!
Oriental inspired beeswax figures of animals or people, of a size to fit neatly in the palm of your hand
Steering wheel cover. I drive a yellow ford focus hatchback with black interior. Color would be nice!

Kits/Instructions/Patterns:
Knitting
Crewel embroidery Thank you ViolinRomance!
Any embroidery
Tatting
Spinning
Stuffed animals (with emphasis on making mobile limbs?)
Stenciling
Basketry
Quilling

Journals (altered books, remade binders, anything) for:
  Craftster Swaps Thank you Mlsocci74! (OWS 26)
Yarn swatches (similar to fabric swatches)
Patterns (see above link)
Costuming notes, and references
costuming designs - perhaps left side for a drawing, right side for notes, or similar organization
Genealogy research (inspire me to get started)
Note: A journal with vintage pattern-envelopes decoupaged or otherwise decorated would rock my socks.

About me: I live in eastern Missouri (think St. Louis - I love the Cardinals! (don't care for the other sports...) I just turned 22, and I am obsessed with historical fashion. I primarily sew for the American Civil War (1860-1865), but I love all the 19th century fashions. I  See my website and my wist linked in my signature for more ideas.

My room is a bright, light blue with orange shelves and white trim. My favorite color is orange and yellow. I wear a lot of browns, blues and greens. I don't hate purple, but it is never my first choice. I prefer cats over dogs (excepting the Great Dane), and prefer rats over both. My favorite movies include North and South (BBC version), Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman, Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth), and Sliding Doors with Gweneth Paltrow. I read romance novels, but my favorite book is Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende. My favorite cartoon character is the german Diddl mouse. I prefer silver over gold, and color over black and white. I have very victorian tastes, and I do not like 60's or 70's vintage color combinations, fabrics, or designs. I like fruity scents over flowery, and I have a flute but never play it. ^^

Thank you to whoever picks me!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007 06:36:10 PM by seamshistoric » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007 11:02:50 PM »

UPDATED!!!
Hi guys! Well, I just got some bad birthday news today..
my boyfriend (who I haven't seen in 4 months) won't be
able to make it back in time for my 21st.. Sad
I'm so glad I'll have some crafty gifts to keep my mind off
this.. I might not even see him for another 4 months now...Sad

Ok guys to get this one going.. Hi! Im Brianna and am turning 21 on the 26th of September!! Im a student from Sydney, Australia and heres my list!

Top Five (in no particular order):

I ADORE these dresses: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193872.msg2043549;topicseen#msg2043549  I would actually love you forever if I got one the same/similar!!

Handmade book or journal or a bookbinding kit/Coptic binding kit. Something like this would be lovely!!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121534.0 (I would worship you!)

Bags! I love handbags, totes and clutches.. some of my favs:
    Cable knit bag:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180760.msg1938323#msg1938323
    Tote: (Id love it in a cute fabric- fruity, flowery, vintage, Victorian..)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52143.0

I need a cute, crafted swap journal. Maybe in a theme from my 'little about me' down the bottom! Thankyou so much onthinice for crafting even though it's not your birthday month!

Stationary; mainly letter writing paper and/or notecards (Ive listed interests/themes and things I like at the end).. can never have too much!!!

-----

A hot water botte (I cannot find one!!) with a cute crafted cover would be great Thankyou ZaftigMomma!
A sewn passport holder
A cute pincushion
A pencil case
A funky decorated USB drive
Earrings, neacklaces and bracelets made from buttons
Some felted soap and other cute soaps/body scrubs/lip balms
Glass beads, charms, findings, buttons, clasps, cute charms; like fairies, teapots, etc..
I love food (especially sweet food) from overseas!! I love lollies and chocolate and dont have any food allergies.. heres an idea of some things I love but cannot get: Butterfingers and Butterfinger hot chocolate (cocoa) sachets, Ive never tried candy corn but always wanted to : (USA), galaxy minstrels : (UK), sparkles : (NZ).. I want to try anything and everything (except liquorice)

-----

Board Game themed things, like in this swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=189854.msg2014786#msg2014786

A ring like/inspired by these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=192845.0;topicseen

I love pinafores too.. (size 10 Australian.. usually small/medium)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178081.0

Earrings- examples on my wist, or I like the fairy and cameo ones here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93193.0

Something covered in postage stamps.. or just a whole bunch of postage stamps in general : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=13594.0

I adore this necklace : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118112.0

A personalised pair of tea/coffee cups for myself and my boy Cheesy I especially like the "drink me" one from this swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=179793.msg2004268#msg2004268

Victorian Friendship Bracelet: http://victorianpaperco.com/store/catalogimages/7g/i835.html

An embroidered bracelet: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193085.msg2033180#msg2033180

Tops the same as or inspired by ones like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51265.0
and Im in love with supayana style too: http://www.supayana.com/

Id LOVE most anything knitted or crocheted- wearables like scarves, leg warmers, beanies, even though winter is over in Australia (especially knitted in greys, blacks and browns):
      Scarves- all sorts really.. knit, crochet
      This is a super-cute set:   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177363.0
      Legwarmers! they would be brilliant (see wists)

Any lovely surprise I might like- especially from my wist

-----

If you want some ideas for themes/my style.. I love things that have a unique or quirky twist. Its Spring here in Aus, so I need some pretty dresses and things in funky colours! (though Im not a huge fan of neons)
I love things that are vintage, Victorian, pretty, retro, about reading, owl, unicorn, fairy, peacock related really just bird and fantasy related I suppose
I love antique-style things, lace and pearls, but also modern and indie!
Old-school technologies like typewriters and penny farthings. I love things related to travel- especially England; like Big Ben and red double-decker buses and France- Eiffel tower. I like fashion and fashion themes, trees, cupcakes, Japanese blossoms, pin ups, old childrens books, Through the Looking Glass (Alice in Wonderland), Harry Potter (Gryffindor)
So yeah!
Thanks to anyone who picks me
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007 03:20:39 PM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007 11:04:47 PM »

Moin, my name is Janin and I'm a computer science student living in Germany. I will turn 23 on the 30th of September and just like last year don't feel much older than 18, which might be in parts because I'm still living at home with my parents.

I like retro and vintage stuff and am obsessed with going to fleamarkets around here! As for colors I like them all except for orange and yellow.
I do a lot of crafts, but mainly knit and sew at the moment.

Crafted items:
-amigurumi
-stenciled/silkscreened shirt/tank top. I wear an xsmall-small.
-wallhanging/organizer with lots of pockets for craft materials
-hip/waist bag, big enough to hold the essentials(money, id card, lipstick, cigarettes) would be perfect for concerts etc.
-something like this for my pins and brooches, but with smaller dimensions
-new a green or brown bag, I have so many bags, but none in those colors! You could have a look at my wists for bag styles I like. I prefer a bit bigger size bags that could hold a magazine/my writing pad for university and something with a closure. A small pocket inside or on the back for my cigarette case would be nice too, but I can live without it.

Supplies:
-Shrinky Dink, transparent, white or printable
-printed cotton fabric, I love a lot of the fabrics from like retrodepot etc, but over here they cost a fortune(you can see some I like on my wists). Atleast FQ size please.
-Cascade 220, for felting
-left-overs for my ripple blanket, everything that fits the gauge approx., but please no 100% Acrylic(a bit of Acryl content is ok though). I need yarn that would knit up to 20-24sts/10cm. All solid colors(even yellow and orange ;-)) welcome. I only need one ball per color, actually if only a few yards are missing partial balls are ok too, so stash yarn is more than welcome
-cotton fabric squares 6inch, I love to make pillows out of them, but hate cutting :-)
-sublime stitching patterns(I already have the following:Gnomes&fairies, Unicorn believer, Craftopia, mermaids)
-Knitpicks yarn
-Japanese crafting books/magazines
-linnen fabric in a natural color for japanese inspired bags
-embroidery floss, I could need some more bright colors and black

Other:
-WPI measuring tool for my handspun
-bias tape maker
-wider belt to match this vintagy looking dress I brought that is just a tad too big in the waist area. Could be crafted or brought or found at a fleamarket etc.

Thanks for claiming me in advanced  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007 03:34:01 AM by javede » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007 09:25:29 AM »

Hi!
Im turning 30 on September 20th & I have to admit this birthday is already hitting me hard.  Wow thirty used to seem so old.  Now its what I amUg.  Oh well. 

Im in Wilmington, North Carolina.  I live alone with my furry friend, Badyn the wonder dog(as in wonder what he does all day to be so tired at night when I come home! He just lays around.).  I love anything purple, glittery, starry or with moons.  I am pagan so anything with a witchy theme or any of the symbols is pretty cool since I am out about it.  (no we arent scary mean hags we just believe a little different than what a lot of society does. )  Part of my beliefs is in honoring the Earth & doing what I can to cut down on my impact environmentally.  I love to reuse things into new purposes.  Like the bike tires made into rugs, old clothes made into shopping bags, etc.  Have to admit, Im not totally living green, but I changed the light bulbs, so that has to count for something!  

Im trying to lose weight & live as healthy as I can so anything that can encourage that is right up my alley.   I enjoy pin ups of the fifties because they actually have curves which is more of what I am working towards.  I will never be Kate Moss, but I could be more Marilyn Monroe (I wish) one day!

I adore purple, love blacks & whites tooGetting into damask patterns lately.   Im a gal who likes pumpkin spice, vanilla, peach scents & gazing at the stars drinking a nice cup of teaor savoring a good piece of dark chocolate dreaming of the next project I want to try.... lol.  OK so as far as allergies, Im not allergic to any pets, so as long as you dont include any bees, wasp or sulpha drugs in the box, I will be just fine.

Im extremely grateful to anyone who takes the time to send me something.  I did this swap last year & it touched me so much getting such wonderful thoughtful gifts from fellow craftster.  This place is AMAZING!

Ok so since I am turning 30 Im going to try to list 30 ways you could potentially make me smile & grant me a birthday wish! (also in hopes that makes it easier on everyone...)

1.   Candles or stuff to make candles, interesting scents, wicks, containers.  I like to burn them & occasionally pour some of my own. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat13864&PRODID=xprd73549
2.   Anything inspired by my wist   http://www.wists.com/AliGoddess   THANKS danceisthenewmosh!  Grin
3.   Pendants like these http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5033843 I adore Olivia Moons work & the vintage modge podge stuff.   I have the wizard of oz one & get lots of compliments.   THANKS kitschbitch!  Grin
4.   Velvet covered book  http://www.acmoore.com/Projects/generalproject.asp?ID=1183
5.   Anything with a Goddess theme
6.   Anything purple, especially velvet, or glittery
7.   Anything with the Stars and/or Moon
8.   Wind chimes I want to put one out front or maybe in the back of my house by my bedroom so I can listen to the wind.         http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147984.0
9.   Fabric  notebook cover, a small size would be great, something handy
10.   Pens.  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6918883 , http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6520112 ,   I work in an office & anything to jazz up the day.  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=520301
11.   Fat quarters or other scraps of fabric THANKS kitschbitch!  Grin
12.   Fun or funny pins
13.   Halloween related anything  THANKS kitschbitch!  Grin
14.   Strains of little mirrors to decorate with http://www.mysticdreamsshoppe.com/remicunew1.html , http://www.notebookmagazine.com/homeandgarden/article/685/Mirror-of-light---make-a-mirror-curtainhttp://www.shopwildthings.com/mirrorcurtain.html
15.   Coasters!  Maybe like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185577.0 or painted tiles, or whatever. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat13860&PRODID=xprd130249
16.   Fabric napkins
17.   Etched tumbler glass
18.   Patterns for sewing bags, I like the simplicity of Amy Butlers bags & have made a couple.  Also Lazy Girls designs seem to be doable.  I have done the Nickies & love them.
19.   Fabric covered boxes to store stuff http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat13860&PRODID=xprd73733 , http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154750.0 , http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.jsp?itemID=704&itemType=CONTENT 
20.   Funky socks
21.   Tissue cover that isnt fugly  http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1211  or http://www.stupid.com/stat/TIKI.html
22.   Cool dry erase board maybe something to make the frame cool rather than just plain. Sparkle it up a bit.   
23.   a trivet or hot pan mat http://www.hannacroismosaics.com/demo_tile.html
24.   Cool dish http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat13864&PRODID=xprd73285
25.   Funny postcards
26.   Place to store spices & herbs http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18288.0 , http://spacedog.us/idlehands/magnetic_storage_tins/
27.   Dagoba Lavender or Roseberry chocolate
28.   iPod cozy/carrier/keeper safer. I have the 30G video one if that helps with size
29.   Stickers, small, bumper, sparkly, glittery, smelly, funny, cool, whatever. 
30.   SURPRISE ME!!

Thanks in advance this is so much fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007 07:54:32 PM by AliBeachGrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007 02:14:25 PM »

THANK YOU to whoever picks me! Smiley

I am going to be 23 on September 20th and am excited to participate in my first official swap.  It seems wierd writing a list of what I want, but it is a fun-weird (like my "Dear Santa" lists from childhood...), so here I go!

1.  I would love a rasta-inspired beanie (knit or crochet), like those from L.A.M.B. As for the colours, I'm not too picky, but I'd like it relatively tame (like those on the site), so I can wear it with mucho outfits!

http://l-a-m-b.com/Categories/Accessories.aspx

someone is making me one....thanks Prosthetics 6!

2.  Knit mittens like this (I have large man-sized hands---well, not exactly, but they are 7.5 inches, or 19cm, from the tip of my middle finger to my wrist and 3.5 inches, or 9cm, across the palm), I believe they are called thrummed, which keeps 'em super cozy, but non-thrummed would also be great.

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2004/09/15/mitten_what_mitten.html

Elbow length mittens!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105539.msg1050164#msg1050164

3. Wool or felted slippers or socks (I am a 8.5-9 in US shoe sizing) (I get cold!  Hey, I do live in Atlantic Canada).

4. Soaps, lotions, lip balm, bath bombs, bubble bath, bathmilk...please no animal products or tonnes of artificial colouring.

5.  I love tattoo flash, especially Sailor Jerry/nautical style!  Stifflersmom's reconned vintage purses are fab!  But anything with this iconography is wonderful!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85058.0

6. Alexander Henry fabric (especially folklorico, skulls, tattoos)

7.  Roll for my crochet hooks

8.  Food: chocolate is the shiz.....but I like all food as long as it is not just sugar (i.e.pixie sticks)
Thanks lechaton!

9.  Buttons---Any and all!  I ADORE BUTTONS! Thanks Javed

10. Fabric, really I am a fabric-horder and love it! Lucky me!  Merci, lechaton.

11. Zippers, velcro, thread, pins, magnetic snaps, etc. Javede again Smiley

12.  Needle book Merci Javede!!

13.  Artwork (original drawings, decoupage, ATCs....I love it all!)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158430.msg1588912#msg1588912

14. Books--I LOVE SECOND HAND STUFF!
Thanks lechaton !
15.  A book altered into a clutch or secret compartment!

16. I LOVE jewellery, poly-clay, wire, wood, beads...anything!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=159161.msg1598495#msg1598495

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=181880.msg1891731#msg1891731

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=173657.msg1785876#msg1785876

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=171633.msg1759783#msg1759783

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177247.0

17. Vintagey-things

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180678.msg1878898#msg1878898

18. This satchel

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=175887.msg1816163#msg1816163

SURPRISE MOI!

A bit about me:  I love many things, including  NO DOUBT, fashion (especially L.A.M.B, chanel, prada, louis vuitton...um, basically I can find something I LOOOOVE in any designer's collection, but I am AGAINST fur---I have a theory that leather is okay if it from an animal whose body is used for eating Smiley ), animals (all--even insects), reading (pm me for a list of favorite authors, etc cause I like MANY), nature, the beach (I live in a river valley and by the ocean), sewing (notions or material are always great), cooking, art/art history, history......the list could go on for ages!

I have pierced ears, but can only wear surgical steel or silver posts/hooks, am a former vegetarian but still into animal rights (slightly contradictory, I know), have a slight *cough cough* obsession with crafting, and will be happy with anything I am sent, as it will be made by a thoughtful craftster!

P.S.  Allergies: rabbit hair (no angora), um, aside from penicillen and bug bites that's it.

Once again, THANKS!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007 05:00:08 AM by kitschbitch - Reason: je suis lucky....! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Mermaid Strikes Back

spirit day was crazy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007 05:29:21 PM »

Hi Ladies ((And Any Gents Out There))

I'm Ariel, and I'll be 16 this Friday ((the 7th)) I live outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and I'm a Junior at a new school this fall.  I feel like I'm a freshman all over again. I mainly Knit and Spin at the moment, but I also sew and crochet periodically. I love music, especially on a Ska kick right now, so local Ska music from your area would ROCK, if youre into that kinda thing. 

here is my wistlist.

-*BIG WISH* Acid OR Fiber Reactive dyes, either or, ive got a bunch of white superwash wool//nylon blend spinning fiber just calling my name

-spinning fibers--handdyed, hand blended, what have you, i especially like the stuff with a little glitz in it, its so pretty!

-a big needle holder//case//thinger, ive been helping my grandma out a lot this summer, shes got really bad arthritis and cant do all the crafty stuff she use to, so she gave me ALL of her old knitting needles, that shes found so far, about 25-30 sets of them, shes still looking for the set of interchangeable circs, but right now theyre in a big mailing tube, not so attractive, not so easy to store either, if you could come up with an awesome way to store an organize them, the other people in my house would probably love you more than i would!

-two skeins of Dale Of Norway : Hauk, in black and white((one of each)) for the we call them pirates hat

-cool book covers, not the icky stretchy kind, the sewn kind with velcro or buttons or something to hold them on, i have to share a locker at my new school, and i want to  be able to tell me textbooks apart from my locker persons, we have a few of the same classes((just one or two is fine, im attempting to figure out how to make these as it is))

-random extra circular needles, smaller sizes preferably...1-9, bigger than that i rarely use, does not need to be a specific length Thanks Javede! ((im taking this off because i also bought the set of Boye interchangables...yay))

-patterns for lace work, small stuff, big stuff, shawls, whatever, im totally getting on a lace kick!claimed in another swap

-lace weight yarn, handdyed would be awesome, but doesnt need to be.

-*big wish* the new amigurumi book by Beth Doherty--Amigurumi:Super Happy Crochet Cute
i bought this book, cause it looked cool, and is awesome.

-a nestlace or nest ring, a ring would be awesome, PM me for sizing ((ive got tiny fingers, gotta figure out my actual ring size...usually between a five and a half and a six and a half depending on all sorts of stuff)) Thanks ViolinRomance!

-polymer clay pendants, look at fraggelspice's awesome work for inspiration, i love her stuff.>>>>>>http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5552037

-random crochet motif's...it would be really cool to piece them all together and make an afghan out of it.

-buttons, embroidery flosses, aida cloth, ive got a project in mind. Thanks for the buttons and the SURPRISE! AliBeachGirl!

-DMC pearl cotton ((the kind that comes in a 25 m twisted hank)) and seed beads ((or the super pretty crystals)) to make perditas, I finally figured out how to make them, and love the way they look.  any color is awesome, i may like to match, but Im still a bit quirky

-and of course, a birthday surprise

thanks in advance to anyone who choses me, take a look at my wist for inspiration, but please PM me if you want to pick something off of it, some of it is old or i added it cause it gave me an idea and i wanted to save it kind of thing. ((link in sig))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007 07:41:44 PM by Miss Mermaid Strikes Back » THIS ROCKS   Logged

join the september wish list swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193590.0

www.wists.com/MissMermaid

enjoy felting? want to trade for some wool dreads? PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Brine Turkey
How to Make Gravy
How to Marinate Turkey
How to Make Turkey Stuffing
A Visit to Cork and Brew Restaurant in Liberty, MO
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...