A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Slinky Blue Japanese Dress (Simp 3775)  (Read 20683 times)
Tags for this thread: simplicity_3775 , dress , party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bananabanana
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007 11:41:55 PM »

Gorgeous work! Love the dress with the jewellry you and your dummy are modelling. Hey, even your dummy matches your dress! You are one groovy chick.
Keep up the good work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boingo82
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007 01:29:48 AM »

Oh hey! I just made view D of 3775 myself, in Lavender stretch knit.
I widened the boob pieces when I made it, so it covers mine but I still get a bit of cleavage peeking out.

That dress looks so hot on you, I love the pattern (hate sewing those **** gathers though!!!) because the waist really hides a tummy and the crossover neckline really flatters big boobs.

BTW the midsection rides high on me too, and I made it in a size 12. I think it's just the pattern. I wish it was longer because I have some of that post-baby underbelly pooch that needs more squishing than my upper belly does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueknitfreak
Dangerously Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007 05:23:18 AM »

That dress is hot hot hot - well done!  I got my first wrap dress, tight under the boobs and a  cross over bust - and I have been addicted to this style of dress ever since.  The ruching/gathering is SO SO flattering.

You are ROCKIN that dress - the boobage looks fab!  I agree with a previous poster that red pumps would be hot!  Myself, I'd pair it with some tall black boots and wear it out industrial/asian.  Chop sticks, lots of black eyeliner, maybe some red bowed lips.

Thanks for posting!  I love it!  It rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Julie
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007 08:17:39 AM »

Much thanks to everyone. I think to get the midsection to ride down more, it wouldn't have to be longer, it would have to be wider... No, actually, my hips would have to be smaller. It's the difference between my waist and my hips that makes everything want to sit up at my natural waist -- which I don't have a problem with, but it's really funny when people say things like "wear it really high, like where your waist is." That's "really high" today!

I came very close to wearing the dress with a pair of metal-fronted motorcycle boots, but because I was intending to see some rockabilly shows that night, I wound up with black and white wingtip maryjanes. I do think it'll have some flexibility -- with a camie, and maybe a little jacket for Fall, I could even wear it to work. (I tend to make things that I want to wear out but could never wear to work!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SorrowfulSparrow
Kitties will rule your mind

I less-than-three you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007 02:19:07 PM »

Cheesy I *heart* that fabric so badly. Care to share where you bought it? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Japanophile Princess of the NYC
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007 07:15:16 PM »

I have several different patterns of the same sort of fabric with all kinds of random comic images, words, silver detailing... At least five different patterns I'd say. I got them at Joann fabric, but at least 4 or 5 years ago, before I really even knew what I'd DO with them. I bought the remains of all of them, though, and have had them in this drawer for years. I can finally sew well enough that I've made a skirt, shirt, some leggings and this dress out of some of the fabrics. It's so wonderfully random and sometimes obnoxious! The dress is definitely the best thing yet, and probably the most wearable! (Although I wear the "bizarre" fabric leggings a LOT.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetmama905
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007 02:13:15 PM »

WOWZA!  You are one great-looking woman in that dress!  I love the fabric and the drapey look of the dress.  You did a wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ingysoup
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007 05:51:17 PM »

I love your dress and the fabric, but I have a (?)  When on the dress form, it has a white bit at the boobs -- is this part of the dress as I noticed it isn't in the pic of it on you?  I am just curious because I have serious boobs and was wondering if this pattern might be good for me.

Really, a great job, and you look fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007 07:44:11 PM »

I love your dress and the fabric, but I have a (?)  When on the dress form, it has a white bit at the boobs -- is this part of the dress as I noticed it isn't in the pic of it on you?  I am just curious because I have serious boobs and was wondering if this pattern might be good for me.

Really, a great job, and you look fab!

Thank you, and I'm kinda glad you asked. I had a white cami on the dummy when I put the dress on it. (I made that cami a while ago and didn't like it, so it just kind of stays on the dummy to provide a smooth surface.) I'm sure this particular view could be worn with an undershirt if desired (eg for work), and the other views have a regular crew neck. I have plenty chestage and find cross-front shirts to be either dangerous or flattering or dangerously flattering, which is why I made this version of course. I had to wear a deep-front bra with it, but it looked pretty great (if I say so myself). Were I to wear it to, say, a family picnic, I'd put a camisole under and it would be TOTALLY respectable.

Truly a magical dress that can be family friendly AND "hey sailor" friendly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarah73
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007 11:05:59 PM »

wow that is stunning well done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Corn on the Cob Cupcakes Recipe
How to Make a Traditional Pumpkin Pie
How to Make Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
Strawberry-Banana Sherbet Recipe
How to Make Traditional Buttermilk Beignets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...