I don't think I've ever posted any of my renaissance faire costumes but I certainly have a lot of them.
This year I used my same dress as last year (will post last year's costume too) but gathered the skirt, made a sheer underskirt, and a new corset. I also made a mage costume for the boyfriend.
Well this is Alyx showing off his mage-ness:
This is the full body shot with him goose-ing me:
And here is a closer shot with a nicer expression:
This is from last year:
My dress is an old modified Simplicity pattern - I wanted Eowyn style sleeve, but not the incredible length. It's a light blue linen with strips of embroidery running throughout (so wish I bought more to make a skirt!) I had chopped up my Jr prom dress a while ago and had the sheer overskirt left so I made that into an underskirt. The corset is from Butterick 4254, very modified. I had a really hard time with that pattern even though I made about 3 mockups. The overall size was too large and I did have some support and spillage issues but I had gotten rid of the tabs and didn't make up for it enough and the hips ended up being too tight. I didn't realize just how much the tabs took the pressure off from the bones and ended up with bruises. It's also the first corset I used spring steel in so that was really interesting. It's two support layers of duck cloth and a fashion layer of satin taffeta. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll use that pattern again or not, I think it needs so much modifying it's not worth it.
For my boyfriend I used Simplicity 4942 ( a LotR rip-off). He did a lot of the cutting and pinning (and fray-blocking cause I didn't want to hem it heh) I ended up sewing the trim onto the little capelet on the ride to the fair.
Anyway, we had a great time, I thought we looked good. All fun.
There will be more corsetry soon - I wanted to use that corset for the local Samhain masquerade ball but it can't be worn without a blouse underneath. So I' guess I'll just sacrifice and make another. Tsk oh well.