A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cosplay Gloves?  (Read 562 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Thursdays_war
« on: September 01, 2007 04:15:08 PM »

I want to make Cosplay items for Yoko from the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. She wears the most awesome gloves, I wanted to crochet a pair, but they have a missing square on the top side.. I'm not worried about the cuff, that will be a seperate part I will attatch in the end.. Do you guys think these would even be possible for little ol' me to make? Any suggestions? Please..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colorlessblue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007 07:28:19 PM »

if you start at the wrists and you join the ends, and work in rounds, when you arrive at the square you can just turn and go back in rows till the other side, and go on in rounds again when you finish the square. i never did gloves, so i don't know for sure, but i think they would need some increases on the way, though.
oh, and if you decide to do as i said, remember that if you work in rounds all the time you get one side of the fabric different from the other, while you don't get that if you do rows, turning all the time. so remember to turn when you reach the round starting point, to get an uniform looking fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007 05:48:42 PM »

if you start at the wrists and you join the ends, and work in rounds, when you arrive at the square you can just turn and go back in rows till the other side, and go on in rounds again when you finish the square. i never did gloves, so i don't know for sure, but i think they would need some increases on the way, though.
oh, and if you decide to do as i said, remember that if you work in rounds all the time you get one side of the fabric different from the other, while you don't get that if you do rows, turning all the time. so remember to turn when you reach the round starting point, to get an uniform looking fabric.
That would work for sure! It was actually what I was going to suggest. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make a Chicken Salad Sandwich
How to Make Old Fashioned Buffalo Chicken Wings
How to Make Rainbow Hot Dogs
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...