that butterfly is so pretty! wow.......how is it made?
Thanks! I have yet to make one for myself, but I really need to!
I got the information from this post:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130057.0
but basically, all I did was:
1) Cut out a color photo of a butterfly (I actually have a Dover Publications book of insects that came with a CD, so I printed one of the color images).
2) Then, I traced the outline onto white computer paper -I traced 5 - and then I cut them out.
3) Next, I cut each one in half down the center (the body of the butterfly), and stacked them up. I held them together with a binder clip so they didn't slip around.
4) Then, use an awl or a piercing tool (with a mat underneath) to pierce holes along the body, through the stack of papers. I think I did about six holes.
5) Next, use a needle with an eye large enough to thread some eyelash yarn (or other fuzzy yarn) through the holes. I did a whip stitch, and then wove more yarn through the stitches to add more fuzziness.
6) Trim off the edges of the pages if they don't quite line up, and you're done!
I'd recommend reinforcing the body before you poke the holes through it (maybe with clear packing tape)- I had a slight tearing problem which I had to remedy by gluing the last page to the back cover