A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off a full backpiece tattoo, AND have armfat issues?  (Read 1518 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Danny Girl

Yeah, I'm pretty much the hot shiz.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2007 09:44:14 PM »

Hi guys!
I have a dilemma. I have a huge back piece tattoo in the works (upper back), and I'm looking for some creative shirt suggestions. Here's the problem...I'm not a fan of my upper arms. Is this impossible? Is putting slits in the back just totally tacky? I'm photographing the tattoo convention, and I want to show my work off, without being weird all day about my arm fat! haha! Suggestions?

http://photos-084.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v134/141/73/581910084/n581910084_1160545_3318.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Charrr
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007 06:43:26 AM »

Some kind of backless long sleeved tshirt or one with a deep v at the back. I don't have any ideas for patterns but that would show offf your tatt without showing your upper arms!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
latortuganegra
Because I can make it myself!

I Pity the Foo'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007 06:54:52 AM »

look into generation T they have alot of backless tshirt stuff. buttt if you wanna go alil more into it make Armwarmers from  jersey knit make em so long that come up right under your arm pit area (is there a nicer way to say arm pit it sounds so eck) so anyways and cut a nice shirt that has a really exposed back. you will be all kinds of rocker chic. =)
BTW im in love with tattoos i need more. and yuors looks gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Macgyver can build a plane out or paperclips and bubble gum, but Chuck norris can kill him and take it!
unsay
nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007 06:35:31 PM »

This wouldn't show off the very edges of the tattoo on your shoulders, but you could try a long-sleeved or 3/4-sleeved shirt with a deep cowl neck in the back, so the tat would be framed by folds of fabric.  It's a very elegant tattoo so this would match it well, I think.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007 06:38:25 PM by unsay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007 09:18:39 PM »

Totally agreed with the cowl. I think that would compliment your VERY gorgeous tattoo well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007 10:31:15 PM »

How about something with a cut-out back like this?  You could make the cut-out bigger or smaller so it would fit your tattoo.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=3C-215199&page=1&cgname=OSCLOTRNVIL&rfnbr=3486
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
blueknitfreak
Dangerously Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007 08:22:15 AM »

You are way hot (saw your myspace), and the piece is VERY dramatic.  I'd say your arm fat cannot POSSIBLY take away from how stunning you are.  (This coming from someone that just recently decided that she could wear whatever she wanted - and I'm awaiting a brachioplasty!!)  So I say f* it and wear a sexy halter or tube top Wink

You'll be photographing.  People love having their picture taken.  You'll be uber popular no matter what.  Yer hot and you know it (your tag line says so!)

If you gotta cover it (and haven't had years of therapy like me) I'd make a fishnet type shrug that's really thin in the back, or even sleeves that are connected with a few tiny chains across your back and front.  I also saw someone at the club recently that had something like this: 

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Julie
the mrs.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007 01:11:25 PM »

i agree...you are gorgeous. fuck the worrying'...show off your body! (and your beautiful artwork).
xoxo
-t
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007 02:20:34 PM »

i just have to say that your backpiece is amazing! Show it off, who cares about your arms!   You'll be taking pictures so you will be moving your arms around quite a bit, no one will notice! Like everyone else said, they'll be checking out yer back! I went to a function and tried to cover my backpiece with a shawl (so i wouldn't "offend" anyone with my "freakish" tattoos, ha!) and i tell ya, i spent more time trying to keep that dang thing on, halfway thru the night i took it off and gave it to someone who was cold and got more compliments on my tatts than ever!
Show it off girl! And lucky you, photographing a tattoo convention...*dream come true*

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007 02:25:41 PM by shorty3boys - Reason: *edit to add* ok, just looked at your myspace and you are absolutely gorgeous! i wouldn't worry about the arms honey! ;D » THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
stacysews
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007 03:07:41 PM »

First off, I definitely don't see armfat issues!  But here's my pattern suggestion - Burda World of Fashion 6/2007 plunge back top.  I'm sure that you could draft sleeves for this if you wanted to, but I like the look of it without.  I recently made this on up myself and loved making it (very easy too):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chorizo Nacho Bake Recipe
Pork Tenderloin Sliders Recipe
How to Make Baked and Grilled Meatloaf
How to Make Sloppy Joe Sliders
How to Make Bacon Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...