A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,922
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Perfect, Embellished Softball Scarf: Homemade Fatherís Day Gift for Dad  (Read 2591 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , redbacks , crochet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 31, 2007 02:05:33 AM »

Thought I'd share what I made my Dad this year.  A simple stripey scarf in the colours of his softball team, Brisbane's Redbacks.  I just love that they have a spider for a mascot  Cheesy  

Anyway.  I crocheted it in a stripe pattern that is completely made up along the way.  The only thing I was worried about was getting the ratio of colours as similar to their uniforms as possible.

Admittedly I have not measured it, but I'd say it is at least 5 feet long.  I used Cleckheaton Country 12 ply, that is 100% Aussie wool.  I think I went through about 5 50g balls of white, 3 of red and half a ball of black.  I really dragged my feet turning in the ends, so it took a few weeks  Grin  but then the fun part came last and took me all of about 45 minutes.

I needle felted his name on one end with scrap yarn.  I am proud of this as it is my first attempt at this sort of thing.  Not bad for a first attempt, and by someone with poor handwriting in the first place.

I know he will love it.  Seems odd that a grown man would like to wear stuff with his name on it?  But his pet peeve is people calling him Ron or Ronald.  So fixing 'Ronny' permanently to his scarf is just the sort of embellishment he'd have ordered up himself, if he'd thought of it.

I don't craft for my Dad often, but should more in the future I think.  He may well be a carrier of a crafty gene.  Once he pinched my fabric paints, and in a fit of craftiness (well, I hope it was only craftiness) he put his name on all his work shirts.  Apparently, his supervisor doesn't get his name right  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009 06:52:36 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
annessasgirl
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007 03:40:36 AM »

Very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007 05:49:46 PM »

That's really nice! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to slide a Cybook into a epaper art frame
How to Freeze Time in After Effects
After Effects - Virtual 3D Photos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...