A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alternative Guestbook Ideas  (Read 30568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shastaw2006
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009 01:12:27 PM »

We absolutely want to do a photobooth- I figured that we'd build a little room or maybe get a tent and set up a digital camera, laptop and instant printer- let ppl pick their favorite photo and print out two copies- one to take home and one to put in the photo book and they could write around their page. Oh, and we'd absolutely have a trunk of props and costumes and hats and such, and maybe get one of the younger teens to man it, make sure that people don't go deleting pictures that they are embarrassed of! And, since we'd have digital copies of everything, we can frame them later and use them as artwork in the new house.

I'm excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alerixon1
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009 08:14:16 AM »

We did a take on the photo booth and it was a huge hit. We rented a dark red curtain back drop for just a few bucks, set up the digital camera, and then dug around in mom's basement for anything prop / dress up worthy. People had such a blast with it, and the pics all turned out amazing. I wish I would have thought to have the printer so people could take home a copy, that's a great idea. Now I'm working on photoshopping all the images together into 2-3 extra large poster prints to frame and hang.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chantelle
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009 09:47:54 AM »

My best friend had an interesting guest book at her wedding. She and her new husband love love to cook for themselves, each other and everyone they know. So, they had their guests sign 2 aprons for them using permanent markers. It was a perfect idea for them and their personalities.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009 03:45:29 PM »

I like the comment:

" A Happy Wife Is A Happy Life" 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chantelle
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2009 01:16:06 PM »

I should have mentioned that they had a wine and food themed wedding, and gave out handmade cookbooks with their favorite family and personal recipes as favors.

For our wedding, we did something a little different, but not too crazy. We put stacks of half sheets of construction-weight paper on every table at the reception and a box of crayons. Our guests colored messages, pictures, or jokes on them, and we collected them all in a little book. The cool part was that a lot of people made more than one, but I think if we had a regular guest book they would have felt odd writing in it more than once. Also, they didn't have to wait to sign it, and they were able to spend as much or as little time as they wanted, and I totally love all of them. It was especially fun to see how the cards changed--in penmanship quality and in content--as the night went on and more wine was consumed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScampiLove
Scampi is Love

If Scampi Ain't Love, Then I Don't Know What Is!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009 04:00:10 PM »

I wish that Polaroid was still putting out instant film, because I thought it would be nice to have the guests take pictures of themselves and sign the bottom to go into a "guest book photo book".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

willettamy
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009 02:34:57 PM »

my fi and i also want to do something different for our guest book. i like this idea because it will be something we display in our home, and it will also be very meaningful. it also serves as a replacement for the unity candle ceremony, which i think is overdone.

we are painting a plain wooden box white and sitting it at a table in the venue. we will also provide black sharpies. the guests all sign the outside of the box and also write notes, words of wisdom, or anything they want to say to us on little sheets of card-stock. before the ceremony, these cards will be collected and put in the box. fi and i will also be writing letters to each other that explain why we're marrying each other, hopes and dreams for our marriage, future predictions, etc. at the ceremony we will put our letters in the box along with the guests' letters and a year 2009 bottle of wine, and then nail the lid on the box. the idea is that the box will stay nailed shut until our 25th wedding anniversary. then we can open it and read all our guests letters and our letters to each other, and enjoy the wine from our wedding year.

this is a spin-off idea of a traditional dutch ceremony i read about, and i think it's really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009 02:39:07 PM »

Aww that's a sweet idea, willettamy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
cherryonion
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009 07:45:20 PM »

We are going to use the 7 gypsies ATC or photo holder and have guests sign cards.  We are also going to set up a photobooth (as well as provide blank cds & self addressed stamped mailers for the photos people take with their own digital cameras) and then I will put pictures on the holder as well, so we have a "coffee table book" that's a little different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FuzzyChocolate
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009 05:45:28 AM »

LoriHatesOkra - Thanks for that suggestion. My niece (who is not a craftser by any stretch of the imagination, much to my disappointment!) was looking for an alternative to a guest book, but everything I could think of would be a too "creative" for her. This is a keeper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I didn't know I wasn't suppose to eat it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Loss Prevention Advice
Soak Away Your Stress with This DIY Bath Soak
The Brow Buddy Shapes Up Your Bushy Brows
How To Get Fuller-Looking Lips Using Makeup
Serein Wu: My Week in Beauty Challenge Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...