A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rainbow cheesecake...now with two attempts! updated 15Mar08  (Read 97498 times)
Tags for this thread: cheesecake , rainbow , recipe , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bexsus
Jill of all crafts but a master at none...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2007 03:38:55 PM »

i second the pollock ref!! or third/fourth it Tongue
would be a great cake for my art history buds!
xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Working on: Wahol-esque Nite Owl painting, more knitted tanks, embroideries by the dozen.
nero_fiore

Crafting is fun! Even kids can do it!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2007 11:45:43 AM »

This is so great! I want to make a cheesecake right now....but my husband is away and I'd end up eating the whole thing myself!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unlessindicated
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2007 07:41:50 PM »

OOOOO. That is PURDY!!!! me & my girls like it.... What brand of food coloring did you use?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 07:47:37 PM by unlessindicated » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2007 11:23:03 PM »

haha this reminds me of the movie Hook. I can't figure out why exactly. Did the imaginary food in the movie look like this?

Anyway,  great work.

I think it did actually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
pipiripintiva
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2007 03:15:03 PM »

Holy cow (with a thick, Hispanic accent)!!
This is an AWESOME idea!!
Thank you for sharing such a cool idea  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquamarine007
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2007 07:14:45 PM »

I made this this afternoon. I am not a big baker, but was inspired. It was so easy! Thanks for your instructions...it turned out fantastic.

Stephanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dolly128
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2007 08:38:02 PM »

This looks so amazing!!  I can't wait to try this!  I have a question for you.  I don't like chocolate very much, can this be made by itself?  Maybe with a normal graham cracker crust or yellow cake on the bottom?

I would also like to know what brand of food coloring you used, the colors are so vivid!  I don't think the stuff I have around my house for Easter Eggs would make such awesome colors, haha.

Thanks again for submitting this awesome idea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2007 11:24:51 PM »

This'll be a lengthy reply, I've four pages of comments to catch up on!  I'll do my best to catch all the questions...

The only thing I might have changed would be the brownie to cheescake ratio. there was more brownie than cheesecake in mine. Maybe I could double the cheesecake recepie? Or perhaps use a graham cracker crust next time, and save on brownie mix and dishes. I'll have to experiment.
I have a question for you.  I don't like chocolate very much, can this be made by itself?  Maybe with a normal graham cracker crust or yellow cake on the bottom?

The main thing I'm trying to pass on is the idea of adding way too much food coloring to your cheesecake batter Cheesy  You could double my recipe, use it on top of a cake or graham cracker crust, or just add colors to an entirely different cheesecake recipe...play around and experiment with whatever you think will work for you!  I've never used anybody else's recipes without changing at least one thing, there's no reason anyone should have to follow mine to the letter.

Being a vegan I would never ever eat that...but just to look at it looks great haha... my vegan cheesecake is made of silken dessert tofu... do you think it might work with that instead? I have never made a "normal" cheesecake, is the mix thick or runny?
Man I bet kids go nuts on the E-numbers! Can you get natural food colouring? I read an article on food colourings in the UK and a lot of them are banned in other countries because they are bad for you  Shocked

The batter is kinda like glue...you can pour it, but it's a fairly thick and gloppy process.  As for natural food coloring, that's something I would definitely love to find out about.  I've been systematically ridding my life of chemical-laden stuff, but I haven't yet been able to let go of my obnoxiously colored food Tongue

Oh, btw... this is a seriously dumb question, so please forgive me... but are you supposed to bake the brownie completley, and then bake the cheesecake on top of the brownie? Wouldn't that just really overcook the brownie? I'm sorry for being so dumb I just want to make sure I understand the recipe right Wink

It's not a dumb question, I wondered about that myself when I started making this...I've added a bit about it from earlier in the thread to the first post, to make it easier to find Smiley

What brand of food coloring did you use?
I would also like to know what brand of food coloring you used, the colors are so vivid!  I don't think the stuff I have around my house for Easter Eggs would make such awesome colors, haha.

http://www.mccormick.com/productdetail.cfm?ID=6034 & http://www.mccormick.com/productdetail.cfm?id=10790

My red, green, and yellow are from the standard set...my blue and purple are from the neon set...my orange is a mix of the standard yellow and the neon pink.  I wanted to have the neon green but I used it all up on art projects Roll Eyes

Congrats on FEATURED PROJECT status!  Well deserved, my friend!

My reaction to that is somewhere between Grin and Shocked  Thank you for letting me know, I hardly ever go to the main page so I had no idea!

And a big thank you!!! to everybody who's responded to this thread and/or hit "This Rocks"...it's especially nice since my latest baking experiment resulted in something I'll only refer to as 'the minor disaster cake' Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007 11:25:57 PM by aliastriona_angerboda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yberry
A disgrace to the international community of swap organizers.

"Stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2007 12:09:25 AM »

I just made this for a holiday dinner with friends a few days ago, and everyone was so impressed! And it was so easy and fun to make!

Thank you so very much - my husband already declared that this is going on the list of my specialties...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That paper cut is really going to snag on my knitting." - Y. David, Nov. '07
http://yberry.etsy.com
My ATC Gallery
http://yberry.wordpress.com/ - Swap spoilers!
bekkels
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2007 06:28:44 AM »

That is SO cool!  I would love to make it but I have the food coloring hang up, too.  I may have to override it for this though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Up Do How To Video
Get the Look from Marc Jacobs Fall 2014
Jennifer Connelly at Her Allure February 2014 Cover Shoot
Classic Chignon Tutorial
3 Hairstyles for Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...