A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rainbow cheesecake...now with two attempts! updated 15Mar08  (Read 104266 times)
Tags for this thread: cheesecake , rainbow , recipe , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2008 10:09:38 PM »

Those colors are great, Homerof2!

britnlind has some pretty sound advice.  Keep in mind, especially with that second recipe, that you're making something with quite a bit of egg in it...the residual heat will continue to bake the cheesecake after you take it out of the oven, and then it will firm up even more as it cools.  I test mine by shaking the pan...once the center stops jiggling, I take it out.

Thanks. Yes I had forgotten about the jiggle.  I once had a banana bread that I started at about 8pm and was a little tired I pulled it out the oven thinking it was done. Then when I went to pull it out of the pan I saw the jiggle. The edges were perfect though.LOL. Threw it all away. I didn't let everything get to room temp before mixing but thats a whole diff issue. Point: Jiggle=BAD!

Congrats on the request for a second cake!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 10:11:24 PM by britnlind » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Lesley
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2008 11:30:27 AM »

About a week after finding this post, I decided to try it. I love all things brightly colored, so it was right up my alley.
It turned out great! I don't have pictures yet, though, but it is quite tasty.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."  - Edgar Allan Poe
ChrissyCrafts
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2008 11:02:23 PM »

Ahhhh HELP! Ok i dont have a mixer at home..... i tried to make both recipies and the mix came out in small clumps of cream cheesyness. I let the cream cheese and the eggs get to room temp and mixed sugar, cream cheese, then 1/2 and 1/2 too.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blabigail

Yarn. My personal weakness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2008 08:04:41 AM »

Ahhhh HELP! Ok i dont have a mixer at home..... i tried to make both recipies and the mix came out in small clumps of cream cheesyness. I let the cream cheese and the eggs get to room temp and mixed sugar, cream cheese, then 1/2 and 1/2 too.  Tongue

Do you have a blender?  I have a friend without a mixer and they just threw everything in the blender and ran it until it was smooth.  They had to keep stirring it though cause the mixture was a little too thick for it, but it turned out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On Ravelry as Stashhappy

I finally did it!  I have a blog!
http://firebirdknits.blogspot.com
mandasbrighteyes
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2008 08:08:13 AM »

good riddance! adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In my world everyones a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

Wists!
mouse123
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2008 03:41:50 PM »

I made the 2nd cheesecake, without the funky colours.  It was excellent!!  Next time I will plan in advance and make sure I have food colouring!

Thanks for the recipe!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 03:42:34 PM by mouse123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2008 07:58:33 PM »

Your cakes are outta this world!!  BIG cheesecake fans here and these would be sooo much fun to eat but even more fun to serve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2008 12:05:55 PM »

So, has anyone else experienced this... I've made this twice now, the first time I brought it to a baby shower, and my friends mother "forgot" to put it out, even though I gently tried to remind her by casually mentioning that I'll need my cake plate before I go. She never put the cake out. So I was kind of confused and insulted, I mean, seriously this thing looked spectacular!

Then, I was telling my mother about it, and she was like, okay, why dont you make another one and bring it to dinner. So I did, and SHE didnt want to serve it. She didnt realize how bright the colors were going to be from my description, and apparently there are some people who get turned off by the idea of food coloring. She said she wouldnt even taste it because she was afraid it would taste like a mouth full of chemicals. She then told me that she'd rather risk insulting me then risk grossing out her other guests by serving it!!!!!

In the end, I put it out on the table anyway and EVERYONE ate and loved it, saying how fun it was. But I just thought that was insane!!!

does anyone else feel that way about food coloring?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2008 02:59:34 PM »

Good for you for putting out your cake. Hopefully that person learned a little bit about having a little fun. Geez.

Nah, about the food coloring for me anyway. I cook enough to know the diff.

I think it's funny that people won't eat anything that someone personally made that has wonky colors but we'll drink poop colored carbonated beverages in mass quantities. Whatever!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008 03:04:51 PM by britnlind » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pfirsch

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2008 08:28:52 AM »

I think it's funny that people won't eat anything that someone personally made that has wonky colors but we'll drink poop colored carbonated beverages in mass quantities. Whatever!
You're so right!  I had never really thought about it like that.  I was thinking more along the lines of orange and grape sodas--orange juice and grapes juice aren't really those colors, but people drink them like they are going out of style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eggnog Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Last Minute Icebox Butter Cookies
Oranges with Pistachios and Honey
Chilled Lemon Souffle
Homemade Chocolate Bark Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...