A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,982
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: which dress patterns have rocked your world!  (Read 20051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005 09:15:57 PM »

I've made the Simplicity 4998, it's a great dress! I did it in this awesome red eyelet, I LOOOVE it.
Here's (FINALLY!) a picture of Simplicity 4998. This is me and my dad at my school's Father Daughter dance. Excuse the pale-ness. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MindWhore

Believe it or not, I do have a nose.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005 10:20:56 AM »

Oh jeeze...I love the Vogue 1920's-esque one. If I had a dance to go to...I'd make that dress for myself. I think I'd need a pretty hefty head start, though...

Actually, it took me less than a week (plus a little extra time here and there for minor alterations). My (nearly) finished dress is posted here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28910.0;topicseen

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonbait
Proving my Self worth through domesticity

Today was a total waste of eyeliner.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005 05:41:36 AM »

Oh jeeze...I love the Vogue 1920's-esque one. If I had a dance to go to...I'd make that dress for myself. I think I'd need a pretty hefty head start, though...

Actually, it took me less than a week (plus a little extra time here and there for minor alterations). My (nearly) finished dress is posted here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28910.0;topicseen

Wow, that's great, now I might have the courage to make it some day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cake or death?
My kingdom for a slurpee.
amandajones

life means nothing if you're not obsessed

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005 10:45:57 PM »

i've made this one and it was easy. I made the plaid one on the bottom. except i did the top a different color from the bottom.

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V2429=x&TI='2429'&page=1

i have this pattern too. it's also easy. i'm making the strapless one. 

http://simplicity.com/index.cfm?page=search.cfm&numMatch=2&design_id=12194&design=6457&thumbnail_image=6457t.jpg&ldesc=Misses%27%20Dresses%20and%20Purse&size_range=6%20to%2016&CFID=4255748&CFTOKEN=10908431

hope these links work. good luck!
amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We like boys. We like hot boys.
With roaming hands and rushing fingers!
I'm just a be bop baby, and i don't take nothing from no one.
See you later Daddyo's
lingo_mingo
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005 02:59:08 PM »

I've made the Simplicity 4998, it's a great dress! I did it in this awesome red eyelet, I LOOOVE it.
Here's (FINALLY!) a picture of Simplicity 4998. This is me and my dad at my school's Father Daughter dance. Excuse the pale-ness. Smiley

Love the simplicity 4998 ... where can I get that pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005 04:52:55 PM »

Love the simplicity 4998 ... where can I get that pattern?

I got mine at Joann's... you can probably find it online too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005 12:44:38 AM »

If you want Simplicity patterns and don't mind waiting a little, if you go to Simplicity website and enter a suggestion or two to the Idea Exchange, if they get selected u get a Simplicity or New Look pattern of ur choice sent to you free of charge. I've won about 5 or 6 patterns this way and only started sewing in the summer holidays. I personally like New Look pattern 6379 as it can be changed for lots of different looks, ie. I have cut it to just above the knee for more of a party look or it could be made into just a top. When  I get the digital camera off my dad I will try to upload some of my piccys, some are already on  my site: www.paw.prints.dsl.pipex.com/clothes.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
happybeenz
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2005 03:28:16 PM »

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8003=x&TI=20001&pageNum=3

I'm definitely making that one next time I have to go to something formal, damn but it's lovely! It's also a little different, you could pair it with a boatneck sweater or something very simple and have it be gorgeous.

i made this for my graduation.  (it had to be white)  sorry the picture wasnt so good.  i love the way it turned out.  now all i need to do is find a top

is this pic better?

it was the first skirt i made with a pattern.  if any one knows of a nice top to go with it, either a pattern or a store bought one, id love to see it.  ive been looking around and havent found anything i really like.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 02:44:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dont have a signature
irishprincessbk
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2005 10:31:06 PM »

looks good, how long did it take to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"THE CALM THAT KILLED THE STORM"--------06/16/05
happybeenz
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005 10:34:45 PM »

im not too sure... maybe twenty five hours?

i worked on it about two or three hours every day, so im guessing it took 25 hours  in total
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dont have a signature
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Apply Blush
The Secret to Perfectly Applying Temporary Eyelash Extensions
Top 3 Tinted Moisturizers
5 Natural Ways to Treat Sunburn
VF NEWS: Antonio Marras - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...